Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will CC and Mods work

Is there a specific way we should be downloading CC and mods to make them work?

Comments

• MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    mods/cc for pc, work the same for mac
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,756 Member
    edited February 2015
    I can't seem to view my CC. My CC hair specifically are not showing up at all.

Correction, none of my CC is visible.
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    DeadFishy wrote: »
    I can't seem to view my CC. My CC hair specifically are not showing up at all.

Correction, none of my CC is visible.

You might need to enable script mods in Game Options; I think it's listed in the Other category.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • AndyBrainsAndyBrains Posts: 218 Member
    http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=531644
    You need to have the resource file. :)
    I have the resource file. Still nada
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    Yeah I tried putting my mods folder from bootcamp onto my mac side and it would crash. I was going to try CC when I got home and see if I can do that. I can live without mods for now.
    1FKDfKj.png
    What I found was that CC wasn't showing up because they were all in organized folders. Once I took them out of the folders they showed up. However If I put in too many, it crashed. Now I'm trying a few at a time.

Ugh, this is so much like TS3.
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
    Yesh now I'm experiencing crashes.
    AndyBrains wrote: »
    Yesh now I'm experiencing crashes.

In game or on startup?
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
    Starup.
    I'm really frustrated that you can't put mods into folders on the Mac side. My mods folder is a mess.
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
    Well I'm slowing putting in CC, like hair and clothes first, so far so good, and then minor mods. No problems.
  • SimGuruModSquadSimGuruModSquad Posts: 597 Member
    Hi guys, if you could isolate which specific mods that appear to be causing crashes for you that would help us track down issues you are experiencing thanks.

Also note that if you have overridden you .sgr file you will need to make sure any directory paths it contains use a forward slash (i.e. "/") and not a backslash (i.e. "\"). Forward slash works on both windows and OSX, backslash just works on windows.
    I think I tracked my crashing issues to script mods, even with script mods enabled in game -- tuning mods seem to have no issues. I'm going to post over at MTS to see if anyone has a solution; also might try going ahead and unzipping the file (which you're not supposed to do) and put the unzipped folder in the Mods folder to see if that works.

ADDED: Well, it didn't crash, but it didn't show up either -- off to MTS to post the issue. Probably nothing that can be done so I'll have to just type testingcheats true half my game. :|
    Yeah errors are with script mods only. That's a shame.
    Also note that if you have overridden you .sgr file you will need to make sure any directory paths it contains use a forward slash (i.e. "/") and not a backslash (i.e. "\"). Forward slash works on both windows and OSX, backslash just works on windows.

What would have been the .sgr file I would have overridden?
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    I've just added this thread to the stickied help and troubleshooting thread :)
    apple-signature.png
  • nj1412nj1412 Posts: 50 Member
    Yes, I'm experiencing similar problems.
    Hair and clothes will work, scripts seem not to. They will not allow my game to startup and will crash.
  • nj1412nj1412 Posts: 50 Member
    Yep, I'm experiencing that too. I really do need some of my script mods though.
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I'm just glad it's just mods. I can live without them till there's a solution but I've got a lot of CC I want in my game again
    1FKDfKj.png
  • veiledstarveiledstar Posts: 587 Member
    @andybrains it's the graphicsrules and graphicscards files that are in the installed game files, not in the regular sims 4 folder in my documents. I'd look specifically where they are, but I'm not on my mac.
    NraasSignature.png
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    edited February 2015
    Well, I can't see the houses in my Gallery. I've only downloaded a few for Sims 4 and only two show up. Didn't work on the Windows side either.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    veiledstar wrote: »
    @andybrains it's the graphicsrules and graphicscards files that are in the installed game files, not in the regular sims 4 folder in my documents. I'd look specifically where they are, but I'm not on my mac.

Under Contents, you can't miss it. There's none of that bloated Cider stuff in there anymore! :D:D
    apple-signature.png
    Hi guys, if you could isolate which specific mods that appear to be causing crashes for you that would help us track down issues you are experiencing thanks.

Haven't edited an .sgr file to best of my knowledge; starting with vanilla copy of Sims 4 and just moved over my Tray and saves folder (also mods but I've taken out everything and restored original resource.cfg file).

So far I've narrowed down my issues to 4 script mods; each one individually crashes the game even with script mods enabled. They're all from MTS:

Realistic Bills
    Needs/Motives Decay Modifier
    Persistent Testing Cheats
    Enable Debug Cheats

I was also using a relationship decay cheat but now that friends aren't required for job promotion I don't really need that one anymore.

Any help you can provide would be gratefully appreciated -- maybe I'll even bake you some cookies and bring them up to Redwood Shores (if you're based there) on Caltrain. o:)