Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Questions about MAC release?

I've never downloaded the game when I was playing Sims 3, I always got the physical game. I went on Origin to see about downloading it but it only has PC download. So i'm assuming this will change in the morning? Or will I have to get the physical game?

Comments

• Options
    SimsocitySimsocity Posts: 224 Member
    Right now, you can buy it on Origin, but at 10am PST tomorrow you'll be able to download it on a Mac!
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I'm pretty certain that Mac user can buy the game tonight, and download the Mac part of it tomorrow morning. :)
  • Options
    QueenDivettaQueenDivetta Posts: 1,332 Member
    I can confirm this - I am a Mac-only player. I bought the game that says "PC download" and it is under My Games but it says that it will be available for download tomorrow at 10am PST. It's also on sale right now!
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    will it be on sale in the morning? I guess the whole "PC Download" confused me. how does the site know that i'm on a MAC? lol
  • Options
    SimsocitySimsocity Posts: 224 Member
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    will it be on sale in the morning? I guess the whole "PC Download" confused me. how does the site know that i'm on a MAC? lol

It is on sale until the 24th of February, I believe. The site (I think you mean Origin) knows that you're PC or Mac is because you download it and knows whether you're on OSX or Windows 7,8,etc.
  • Options
    So there is no advantages or disadvantages in getting the downloaded version over the physical copy?
  • Options
    crazygrl32084crazygrl32084 Posts: 114 Member
    > @aaronrulz said:
    > So there is no advantages or disadvantages in getting the downloaded version over the physical copy?

no, because the disc wont work in a mac, you would have to go to Origin and use the serial number (code on the inside of the box) to download it anyway...
    we're all mad here...
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Simsocity wrote: »
    aaronrulz wrote: »

It is on sale until the 24th of February, I believe. The site (I think you mean Origin) knows that you're PC or Mac is because you download it and knows whether you're on OSX or Windows 7,8,etc.
    Because if you are a Mac user. Your computer won't recognizes a PC's coding. And the same will go if you are a PC user like me. I can buy the game, but I won't be able to run the Mac part of it. :)

• Options
    ok thanks for all my dumb questions! haha! going to go download it now! (well purchase it now, you know what i meant. lol)