Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ask Me Anything, the game

Comments

• NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    My sense of smell.

How have you enjoyed yourself lately?
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    Baking cookies, though it's not my fav thing to bake.

Are you a perfectionist?
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • MMXMMX Posts: 4,426 Member
    Sort of. While I'm not particularly crazy about perfectionism, but I do have a habit of repeating certain things until they are deemed “just right”, and pay attention to or add little details that most people would consider negligible. It's kind of like doing reshoots when making a movie. However there are instances where I let some minor imperfections slide if I either can't fix them or if it's not that big of a deal to me.

Do you follow “The Sims” trend on Facebook/Twitter?
    9d1z2m12k175.png
    What do you mean by trend?? If you just mean I'm following their official account, I follow them on Twitter.

What is a color that looks good on you? (Besides black cuz everyone looks good in black. XD)
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • MMXMMX Posts: 4,426 Member
    edited May 2021
    Dark colours in general. Blacks, greys, dark blues, etc.
    DeKay wrote: »
    What do you mean by trend?? If you just mean I'm following their official account, I follow them on Twitter.
    On Twitter it's sort of like hashtags except that it's a clutter of tweets that are correlating to a certain topic, such the aforementioned "The Sims" trend. It should be in the "Explore" tab. While I follow the official Sims Twitter, I do not follow the trend since 90% of the time it's either a war zone or massive echo chamber. I've had my fair share of witnessing and getting involved in arguments on the Forums, but this place feels more like a monastery compared to what goes on over at Twitter.

Of course, there are wholesome tweets, but they are simply few far in between.

Copy and paste a Facebook/YouTube comment you find hilarious yet completely nonsensical out of context.
    9d1z2m12k175.png
    MMX wrote: »
    Dark colours in general. Blacks, greys, dark blues, etc.
    DeKay wrote: »
    On Twitter it's sort of like hashtags except that it's a clutter of tweets that are correlating to a certain topic, such the aforementioned "The Sims" trend. It should be in the "Explore" tab. While I follow the official Sims Twitter, I do not follow the trend since 90% of the time it's either a war zone or massive echo chamber. I've had my fair share of witnessing and getting involved in arguments on the Forums, but this place feels more like a monastery compared to what goes on over at Twitter.

Of course, there are wholesome tweets, but they are simply few far in between.

Copy and paste a Facebook/YouTube comment you find hilarious yet completely nonsensical out of context.

Oh, then no. I don't follow hashtags. And yeah, Twitter is a mess.

To answer your "question":
    Me: Jeff, what's killing my gains?
    Jeff: Yes.

Post a quote from a video that you're watching right now or that you last watched.
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • miss_eulenaugemiss_eulenauge Posts: 250 Member
    "You're just a child!"
    "Well you're just a teenager!"
    -Avatar the last Airbender, book one, Episode 1 or 2. Said by the primary hero (12) and the primary antagonist for most of the series (16 1/2).

What would you do tomorrow if you had all the money you'd need, wouldn't have to work, had no chores to do etc?
    | Amelia Britton - A Lifetime of Sims || Louise Aldrich - A Year-Long Challenge |
    time zone: Berlin, Germany - EA Gallery ID: Noctuara
    Buy a recording studio (or make my own). Probably just buy my own house too with the studio inside.

Have you ever been in a recording studio?
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Kind of. My little sister is still in school, but really into music (like, she does dozens of competitions each year and plays at least 3 instruments). Over time, she has bought a good Camera, Microphone etc and then asked a friend to allow her to have Dad make recordings in his concert hall. I was there to do her hair and help as well.

What's the backstory behind your Avatar and/or Forum name? If you don't want to tell that is okay though.
    (mine is German and means "miss Owl Eye". It comes from a childhood story about me staying up way too late to read and then having huge, dark eyes like an owl.)
    | Amelia Britton - A Lifetime of Sims || Louise Aldrich - A Year-Long Challenge |
  • magic_cat_treemagic_cat_tree Posts: 292 Member
    I chose my username because realm of magic is my fave pack and I also love cats and trees lol :)

Do you have any pets? If yes, what are they and what are their names?
    Drummer in Seize The Day
    edited May 2021
    Me personally not (no space & no time & no money). My family had a black cat called Merlin and a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever (short "Toller Retriever" = Great Retriever in German). She was called Luna. I would love to get a cat one day though!

Do I really have to think of a new question now?!
    What's a sport you'd like to do more regularly? For me, Karate and pair dance. Both with my boyfriend.
    Resistance training. Don't know if that's considered a sport.

Tell me an embarrassing story.
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Keeping it forum friendly of course, narrows it down quite a bit, and I"m pretty sure I've told this one here before, but: after gym class, hot and sweaty, no time to shower, I made it to class and the room was air-conditioned and the back of my t-shirt slid over the back of my chair as I sat down. I discovered this to be the case when my hot sweaty skin met the cold smooth formed plastic of the chair as I leaned back. When I tried to lean forward, I discovered I was suctioned by a wet seal (sweat) to my chair. I leaned forward trying to unstick myself and the most awful, loud, juicy, fart sound rang out into the silent classroom and everyone turned around to see me leaning forward in my chair, blushing furiously. Of course no one would believe anything but that I had let one rip. I just had to live it down.

Same question!

xicwqMCm.jpg
    my whole teenage experience is one embarrassing story >< One that I am finally able to laugh at happened when I was 13. My girl-friends and I used to pretty much stalk the skater boys in our school. This one time they were hanging out in the courtyard, while we were on the second floor, watching them through a window. There were lots of other people in the courtyard, so us looking out of that window wasn't suspicious in the least, however... one of the skater boys suddenly looked up at us and it startled me so much that I instinctively dropped to the floor in an attempt to duck out of sight, pulling my friend down with me. It must have looked ridiculous from where the boys were standing and not obvious at all :#

same question ^_^
    Drummer in Seize The Day
    Aw, that was a cute story, Magic! I bet he could feel that he was being watched. I've felt eyes on me before and not sure what the explanation is but it's a real thing.

Another funny was being at a classical music concert I had been invited to, as a guest of my friend and his father who was a well-known and published professor on the music of a particular artist, so I was introduced around and knew people were there to be seen, which really upped the pressure to behave. Which made it all the worse when my friend and I noticed a fly buzzing under the stage lights, and it finally landed on a horn player and we looked at each other and started to burst out laughing but did our best to stifle it. Our sniggering attracted attention from people around us and they were NOT pleased. I had to go out in the hallway to recover, and tried twice to go back in but the urge to laugh overtook me. I'm pretty sure I embarrassed my hosts.

DeKay, you got an embarrasing story?

Same question.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    I don't get embarrassed.

100% thick skinned person who finds humor in everything. XD

If you could relive one week of your past, what or when would it be, and why? (Assuming that nothing you do there will change your present and future).
    FwDXXd5.gif
    I would love to relive a week of my childhood, when I spent time in a quiet, little village, in the heart of nature with my grandparents. I don't have a specific week in mind, but I have a million great memories of that time. We didn't have phones and there were no cars around, only on the weekends. It was perfectly peaceful. My friends and I used to have all sorts of adventures, riding our bikes and swimming in the river. We'd be gone all day and my grandparents were super chill about it. Best time of my life. I still go back to that place in my dreams almost every night. Sadly it's been destroyed irl :(

same question
    Drummer in Seize The Day
    Oh geez. It's hard to pick because I have so many dreadful choices of terrible things that might have been averted had I known what lay ahead.

The week leading up to the self-yeet of someone I was in a (secret) relationship with, when he tried to get together and I made excuses not to see him even though I wanted to see him, for fear of my family finding out? I would relive that week because I know now, that my family's opinion didn't matter in the long run, and that I could have gotten him some help in time to save his life. Or shown him how much he mattered to me in his time of need.

There are other weeks I would re-do if I could, some of which hurt my pride and sting my conscience that are more recent. But of them all, because in that case it was a life at stake, I would choose that one, and just suck it up where I made a fool or myself other times.

Deep question.

On a related note, is there anyone you wish you could share a mutual mind-wipe with, where neither of you would remember the other in any personal capacity, just have it be like you were always the barest of acquaintances?

xicwqMCm.jpg
    edited May 2021
    @Nushnushganay that's horrible, I'm so sorry that happened :(

to answer your question.. there are many people who f-ed up my life in one way or another who I wish I never got involved with, it's actually difficult to pick just one. I'm almost tempted to say "my mum". A bit dark, I know, but I have my reasons.

same question
    Drummer in Seize The Day
    @Nushnushganay that's horrible, I'm so sorry that happened :(

to answer your question.. there are many people who f-ed up my life in one way or another who I wish I never got involved with, it's actually difficult to pick just one. I'm almost tempted to say "my mum", but not having a mother might have been worse.. ? Man, it's dark thinking about all that.

same question :#

Maybe I shouldn't have posted it, sorry if that was too much for the forum, but no worries: it was a long time ago. And I'm sorry you have or had, a bad situation with your mum, too, but it's wise of you to contemplate that not having one at all might be worse. Hugs.

The question still stands for whoever would like a turn at it: what week in your life would you wish to relive, whether because it was so wonderful, or because you would wish for a chance to do things differently?

xicwqMCm.jpg
    *hugs back* thanks ^_^ I actually edited that bit out of my message because I realised - if she and I were to have a mind-wipe right now, then technically it's not like I would re-experience my life as an orphan, I would just have... blurry memories of my life with her? if that makes sense. That would be pretty good actually.

same question continued ^_^
    Drummer in Seize The Day
    If I could relive one week, I'd go back to 2015. I had an online best friend who I was very close with on some forum and those were the days. 😭😭 I would always look forward to talking to him in the afternoon and just creating chaos on the forum. XD

If you were offered a job to be the co-CEO of the company you're working for now, would you take it?
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Kinda unsure if I should answer that. I am studying medicine right now, so no companies and no CEOs. But If I was working as a doctor alreay and was offered a high-ranking hospital position (and had the skills), I still wouldn't take it I think. I wouldn't want to only do administrative stuff and have to hold the pressure between making the hospital profitable (that shouldn't even be a thing IMHO - big problem in Germany) and making sure everyone is well (!) cared for.

Same question, in hopes of anyone with a real company job answering ;)
    edited May 2021
    I work at an Edutech company (like e-learning/mobile learning) and I'm the lead designer here.

But... no, I would not want to be in charge of the company!! I'll be all over the place (even though I've been known to be very organized) but there's so much more to being the face of a company than just being organized! I'm also kinda introverted and quiet so I won't be able to make a lot of connections. I'm only good at connecting online tho. XD I probably have like a lot of networking online only. LOL.

What was the highlight of your week this week?
    FwDXXd5.gif
    IllusoryThrall touring the builds for her last shell challenge. I had so much fun! And I visited my boyfriend and got Pizza.

Why do I have to think of a new question now? ;) (trying to get away with that being the question this time. If it's too dumb, I will think of a real question.)