Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your reaction when you found out about the EP?

I was actually in school, and I was using my phone while the teacher was blabbing, so when I found out I said "yes!" really loud and got a bunch of weird looks.

>_>
keep on keepin' on

Comments

• Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    This GIF should explain... ;)
    fangirling.gif
  • Options
    MegandtheMoonMegandtheMoon Posts: 1,831 Member
    colton147 wrote: »
    This GIF should explain... ;)
    fangirling.gif

That's exactly what I was like too! No joke. ;)
    tumblr_nh3ivhx9ob1rs61ydo1_500.gif
  • Options
    AnnePlaysAnnePlays Posts: 2,504 Member
    EA is tempting me....

Must resist.... Must.... Resist.... Noooooooo!!
    muscle_gumball_by_vanillycake-d4a9ida.png
  • Options
    katelynnmcdanielkatelynnmcdaniel Posts: 304 Member
    edited February 2015
    Meh I don't really care about careers that much, but ill keep my eye on it to see what it brings. I feel like a lone wolf for not being excited :p
  • Options
    HephaestionHephaestion Posts: 1,445 Member
    that the sims 3 got it's first expansion months earlier... and sold about as many copies of its base game in its 1st week as the sims 4 has currently sold during it's been released.
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    It's impressive for the 1st EP out, but I don't feel anything. *checks again* Nope, nothing. *shrugs*
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    ceyricceyric Posts: 1,584 Member
    edited February 2015
    that the sims 3 got it's first expansion months earlier... and sold about as many copies of its base game in its 1st week as the sims 4 has currently sold during it's been released.

Do you even remember how bad that release for WA was? The game wouldn't even install/launch for a lot of people...
    keep on keepin' on
  • Options
    Lollipop234Lollipop234 Posts: 251 Member
    I went from not so sure to super excited, haha ;)

When the trailer started: Oh. A new venue. Uh! Active careers. Not a fan of that. How will this work with the closed world?
    The trailer goes on: The careers look pretty cool, actually. If there are realistic and not too overdone, I might give them a try. Yeah... still don't know if I really like it though...
    As soon as the clothing shop builds itself: Omg! What? Open for business! Is this really happening! Restaurants? Toy shops? Yes!! Ok think I'm convinced.
    I'm playing the Sims since day 1.
    I hate my username (Please forgive my younger self)
    Origin ID: VanillaxSimmer
    Raines legacy family tree

Visit my simblr!
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    blewis823 wrote: »
    It's impressive for the 1st EP out, but I don't feel anything. *checks again* Nope, nothing. *shrugs*

*pokes with stick* Are you feeling it now? >:)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYI1TCPKlmU
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    I was beyond my self, It was above anything that I had expected.
    I was dancing for joy. So much of what I wanted, My favorite was always OFB.
    2gv0kg1.jpg
  • Options
    boggieboggie Posts: 348 Member
    This is the first time since the Sims 4 came out that I'm actually excited :D .
  • Options
    BamajamBamajam Posts: 812 Member
    I am very happy about it but not celebrating yet. Cautiously hopeful until the exp is released
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    colton147 wrote: »
    blewis823 wrote: »

*pokes with stick* Are you feeling it now? >:)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYI1TCPKlmU

Nope, guess I am dead in that area. Now I played the video, just reminded me how much SpongeBob Squarepants irritates me. :)

Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    KoalagirllKoalagirll Posts: 297 Member
    I saw it, and I was like, an expansion pack?!?!? Click. It looks decent... Pretty cool.... OMG THAT LOOKS AWESOME! So yeah I love it.
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    At first I was simply curious; but as I read the description I started to get excited. As I continued to read, I continued to get even more excited and now I'm in waiting mode. I checked Amazon.com and they didn't have it in US when I checked a couple hours ago. But as soon as it's available, I'll be pre-ordering it for home delivery. This is really good news for me. I was a fan of the shops I made in ts2 OFB and I'm hopeful that I will once again have the same kind of game play that I had back then. It is looking very promising. And truth be told, it's very nice to see the community back to normal! I love all the excitement, it adds to the joy of this game.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    LunqsLunqs Posts: 166 Member
    Omg! i cant believe it, a Ep!
    Contract?
    tumblr_m5b80x2g8w1rum37jo1_500.gif

• Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    After waking before I got out of bed to go in the shower,
    JKxRf.gif
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I admit it. I did a happy dance..

38062-charlie-brown-happy-dance-gif2.gif?w=500
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    I admit it looks interesting, but if I rewatch the trailer about 10 times then my interest will die down and I can easily wait for Toddlers again.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited February 2015
    My reaction was: Looks promising, but only if they vastly improve the way grayed-out sims are handled.

That's my big fear about this, and the reason I won't buy it until I see what the patch that comes with the game brings. Since the game really is not very friendly to leaving sims off the active lot as they can't do anything productive (and no, increasing skill is not productive as you're not actually doing anything), having a career that forces you to be apart from the rest of your household could be problematic.

Seriously, I could see some fun of playing a doctor. But you're carrying a pager, and it goes off, and suddenly you have to choose does your sim go into work or do your kids do their homework. Or bring your kids to work. And your husband who is working on his novel? Not any more, you have to go to work. And two sims with active careers in the same household? Would that even be possible? How?

So I'll wait and see. I am hoping that these issues are dealt with well, but seeing as the EP probably has been in production since before the game was released and the grayed-out sims have severe limits that were never considered, I'm not sure that they were a consideration at all when making this pack.

I have hope, though.
  • Options
    IgnitedTobi1IgnitedTobi1 Posts: 926 Member
    I already pre-ordered it. I'm super excited for this EP.
  • Options
    BamajamBamajam Posts: 812 Member
    My concern is if lots of people were reporting bugs after free patches, then how much Raid will we need with an expansion?
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    It didn't move me at the slightest
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    LuciferMongooseLuciferMongoose Posts: 123 Member
    I pretty much cheered when I found out about the expansion, since I have been hoping for something like this for a while. After there wasn't a medical, law enforcement, or SCIENCE! career in the base game or the extra job expansion I was kind of disappointed, but hoped it meant more in-depth careers in the medical, science, and law enforcement fields sometime in the future (although my hopes were not high).

This could be really awesome or a huge disappointment depending on how they pull this off, but I honestly can't wait to see more details.
  • Options
    KayxxFanpireKayxxFanpire Posts: 500 Member
    My first reaction was....YESSSS! Then,my second reaction was...how is this gonna work?

I'm excited,but I want to see more information about the game because there are questions I have...
    Like,if one of our Sims is in one of the new careers,is there a "off screen" option like the jobs we have now or do we have to constantly be paying attention to them like in Ambitions? I loved Ambitions but ended up not playing with the careers very often because I micromanage and I want to make sure my Sims are doing what they're suppose to. So,would we have to be with the working Sim while working and have to just have the Sims at home take care of themselves or can we choose?

Oh,and I am super excited for the baking and photography skills! I loved having my Sims take pictures in Sims 2 and Sims 3,especially in 3 because you could hang them up on the walls. It made my big family homes feel more like...well,homes. And I personally love baking,so now my Sims can enjoy it as well :)
    03.22.2013 <3