Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Mac Requirements thoughts?

Comments

• sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited January 2015
    colton147 wrote: »
    Would probably run the sims 4 great. And yes, you can download the mac version from origin onto the mac. :)

Is upgrading to the versions of the operating systems free on the Mac app store? Like Mountain Lion to Yosemite or Mavericks to Yosemite. And so on?

Yes, all free

ETA- and the good thing about iMacs is that you can upgrade them if you want, like the graphics card etc.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • mw1234mw1234 Posts: 5,400 Member
    24vjmg3.jpg
    But seriously can't wait till tablet version comes out

You'd rather play a Sims game on a tablet than a Mac ;) crazy....
    Would probably run the sims 4 great. And yes, you can download the mac version from origin onto the mac. :)

Is upgrading to the versions of the operating systems free on the Mac app store? Like Mountain Lion to Yosemite or Mavericks to Yosemite. And so on?

Yes, all free

ETA- and the good thing about iMacs is that you can upgrade them if you want, like the graphics card etc.

I have the 27" (late 2013 iMac) and it has been a blessing. Although it was $2K, I can edit pictures like no other, any Steam/Origin games (that are made for Mac...) run like a breeze, and I have never had an issue with neither viruses or having to Force Quit due to my computer crashing. With all the Apps you get too (you get Apple's versions of Microsoft Word which is fun to get used too) so in all honesty I feel I got my money's worth. I've had the MacBook (white plastic version) for almost 8 years and it runs faster than my brothers HP desktop that is about 2 years.

Honestly, it depends who you are. Try some laptops/desktops/tablets out at a local tech shop and get a feel. I thought HPs were for me (because of the price) but an Apple product ended up winning me over when my school switched to MacBooks!
    mw1234 wrote: »

Yes, all free

I have the 27" (late 2013 iMac) and it has been a blessing. Although it was $2K, I can edit pictures like no other, any Steam/Origin games (that are made for Mac...) run like a breeze, and I have never had an issue with neither viruses or having to Force Quit due to my computer crashing. With all the Apps you get too (you get Apple's versions of Microsoft Word which is fun to get used too) so in all honesty I feel I got my money's worth. I've had the MacBook (white plastic version) for almost 8 years and it runs faster than my brothers HP desktop that is about 2 years.

Honestly, it depends who you are. Try some laptops/desktops/tablets out at a local tech shop and get a feel. I thought HPs were for me (because of the price) but an Apple product ended up winning me over when my school switched to MacBooks!

Oh, I agree! Yes they are very expensive but imo worth it. I also have my white plastic macbook from way back when lol, still works :) And yeah, my computer is faster than the windows computers in my house. Again though, personal preference.
    WLfAA9V.png
    Oh, I agree! Yes they are very expensive but imo worth it. I also have my white plastic macbook from way back when lol, still works :) And yeah, my computer is faster than the windows computers in my house. Again though, personal preference.

I will just never understand why people dislike the Mac community because we're not 'gaming computers'... Well, the speeds my Mac can run are pretty impressive, plus it's a great all around computer! The Sims 3 runs at high settings on mine so I am thrilled to see how The Sims 4 will run with a native version! :)

Anyways, how are you doing @brookesaywhatx‌ ?? I've never seen you around the forums so nice to meet you! (Sorry, I'm rarely on the forums nowadays...)
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I want to upgrade my iMac I bought in 2005 to one of the new ones, but still It runs good.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif

I will just never understand why people dislike the Mac community because we're not 'gaming computers'... Well, the speeds my Mac can run are pretty impressive, plus it's a great all around computer! The Sims 3 runs at high settings on mine so I am thrilled to see how The Sims 4 will run with a native version! :)

Anyways, how are you doing @brookesaywhatx‌ ?? I've never seen you around the forums so nice to meet you! (Sorry, I'm rarely on the forums nowadays...)

I know, there are plenty of people who will bash it just because they read it somewhere or heard it from someone else. Like its the "popular" opinion of us lol. But every mac I've ever played the game on ran it great.

I'm doing great, how are you? :) I don't think I've ever seen you either. Glad to meet you too!! :#
    WLfAA9V.png

I know, there are plenty of people who will bash it just because they read it somewhere or heard it from someone else. Like its the "popular" opinion of us lol. But every mac I've ever played the game on ran it great.

I'm doing great, how are you? :) I don't think I've ever seen you either. Glad to meet you too!! :#

Apparently it has something to do with the graphics, and the price of a Mac. but Yeah I game a lot on my mac and they all work fine.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

I'm doing awesome as well. Glad to meet someone with a Mac product so we can cry over not having a game to play yet... :')
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Apparently it has something to do with the graphics, and the price of a Mac. but Yeah I game a lot on my mac and they all work fine.

That is the one thing I did upgrade was my graphics card, which I was able to get for free from a friend, but other than that my Mac runs so smooth and nice with some games. Guess since we're the minority we get made fun of the most...;)
    edited January 2015

I'm doing awesome as well. Glad to meet someone with a Mac product so we can cry over not having a game to play yet... :')

Haha yes I love meeting other mac users. We all think alike lol ;) I uninstalled sims 4 from bootcamp yesterday. Waiting until the mac version comes out in feb to reinstall :) For now I am playing the sims 2 super collection from the mac app store.

WLfAA9V.png
    Haha yes I love meeting other mac users. We all think alike lol ;) I uninstalled sims 4 from bootcamp yesterday. Waiting until the mac version comes out in feb to reinstall :) For now I am playing the sims 2 super collection from the mac app store.

I was so happy that was released in the App Store. I have never used Bootcamp as I've never needed to run a Windows application other than TS4, but somehow I've managed to get through the stress... Lol

I was so happy that was released in the App Store. I have never used Bootcamp as I've never needed to run a Windows application other than TS4, but somehow I've managed to get through the stress... Lol

Don't worry you aren't missing much, lol. I mean its fun but considering I'd rather play ts2 over ts4, well, kinda speaks for itself. Lol :p Sims 2 runs soooo good on my computer! All settings on high + like 500+ pieces of cc and it still runs amazing.
    WLfAA9V.png
    VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT, ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro or better. Video RAM of 256MB or better

A little confused about this little tidbit

I know I have nothing to worry about but I don't see my graphics card type at all.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2012)
    Processor: 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
    Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 + 32 GB memory card ^.^ thanks Nana
    Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT, ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro or better. Video RAM of 256MB or better

I know I have nothing to worry about but I don't see my graphics card type at all.

Its not listed but you can usually still play the game anyways, depending on the card. I have an intel 3000 and even though most of the games don't even mention that, I can play 2-4 on high settings with no problems.
    WLfAA9V.png

On my old white MacBook I had Intel HD Graphics 3000 w/ 512MB and it ran all TS3 EPs/SPs fine (on medium settings) so I doubt you have anything to worry about. Plus it's late 2012, so it's up to date with most graphics anyways.

Don't worry you aren't missing much, lol. I mean its fun but considering I'd rather play ts2 over ts4, well, kinda speaks for itself. Lol :p Sims 2 runs soooo good on my computer! All settings on high + like 500+ pieces of cc and it still runs amazing.

That's awesome! I'm just ready to at least tryout TS4 on a decent computer rather than a crappy old HP laptop my family has laying around. Hopefully it gives me a couple days of fun. :P
    edited January 2015

That's awesome! I'm just ready to at least tryout TS4 on a decent computer rather than a crappy old HP laptop my family has laying around. Hopefully it gives me a couple days of fun. :P

Well, for me it runs great on bootcamp. Since that uses the same graphics card as the mac side (obviously) I'm assuming it will run just as great on the mac side too. I also don't have lots of programs installed, I keep my mac pretty clean so its fast.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    edited January 2015
    Can I join the group? I've got an Intel HD 3000 and my TS4 game plays great on Medium settings and I have loads of CC. :)

Edit: Should also mention I'm using a late 2013 Mac and I'm currently using a Bootcamp Partition.
    1FKDfKj.png
    EAfan99 wrote: »
    Can I join the group? I've got an Intel HD 3000 and my TS4 game plays great on Medium settings and I have loads of CC. :)

Yay! This is just what we need. Mac users need to speak up since we get nothing but picked on here! Hahaha
    WLfAA9V.png
    Well, for me it runs great on bootcamp. Since that uses the same graphics card as the mac side (obviously) I'm assuming it will run just as great on the mac side too. I also don't have lots of programs installed, I keep my mac pretty clean so its fast.

I don't have too much clutter in my computer either. Out of the 2TB I have, I think I have 1.82TB left.... So really I doubt I'll EVER run out of room. EVER!

Edit: Should also mention I'm using a late 2013 Mac and I'm currently using a Bootcamp Partition.

Hey! Welcome to the club! :p Glad yours works very well too... See, Macs are more than capable of gaming! ;)
    edited January 2015
    The one thing I'm hoping is that my CC will work the same. Couldn't tell you how upset I was that my CC for TS3 wouldn't work but I guess that's only because the Coding for TS3 wasn't all that great for Mac and OSX was like "Uh uh. Not going to happen Captain."
    1FKDfKj.png
    edited January 2015
    The one thing I'm hoping is that my CC will work the same. And I have more space on my OSX side.

There is no reason why it would work any different, the files are the same lol. I use sims 2 cc and they are the same .package files you would install on a windows computer. The only things different are the programs you use to unzip zip files:)
    WLfAA9V.png
    The one thing I'm hoping is that my CC will work the same. And I have more space on my OSX side.

There is no reason why it would work any different, the files are the same lol. I use sims 2 cc and they are the same .package files you would install on a windows computer. :)

Huh. You know what, some of the files might have been corrupted when I was transferring them over.
    1FKDfKj.png