Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Other things you can do with this GP

AmouraBAmouraB Posts: 1,510 Member
:D Hello everyone, Lately I've been lurking around the forums and playing S4 ...Not really commenting however outdoor retreat game pack is something I would love to chat about....I have enjoyed reading how everyone is playing s4 & also your take on the game as well as the game pack as a whole... I can't wait to try some of the game-play styles / originality on a new" Sim household" when I feel like getting away from my main families for a few days <3 thumbs up to all of you...

Also this game pack really breathe new positive life into the s4 and the ideas that can center around the theme of outdoor retreat is limitless...here are a few ideas I had in mind....for those who are not to keen on camping (as in roasting marshmallows ect..)

REMEMBER a retreat can be so many things and the outdoor setting gives us many more countless ideas .... flower child / hippie retreat ... art painting / creative arts retreat ... a spa retreat ... winter retreat.. yoga retreat .. book club retreat ..woman club retreat... athletic retreat .. culinary retreat ...

fisherman's retreat... couple's retreat ... military base camp retreat ...orphanage kids retreat .. theme park grounds retreat ... church camps ... healing and health retreat ... mediation retreat ... sorority and fraternities retreat ... weekend youth retreat .... family reunions ... high school or college reunions.... business meetings retreat ... spiritual retreat ... music retreat.... getaways... <3<3 ect...

The list can go on and on (not to mention being a doctor/ researcher/ scientist ) so for those that are not excited about the "outdoor camping" it's so many things you can do and edit and shape up the world to make it work for you and your style of game play.... you can use the area to have whatever you like and that is what I love about it.... I would love to see what you have done with your world <3

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,575 Member
    Your suggestions about types of way that simmers can use the new world as a retreat are great! :) There are many great ideas that you have listed. Thankyou for sharing with us the different types of retreats. They will be great themes to incorporate into our games. :)
  • AmouraBAmouraB Posts: 1,510 Member
    :)@rose ...like always you are so encouraging like a ray of sunshine B) thank you so much for your kind words <3
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    I left a reply in your topic in the Regular Sims 4 Forum.
    Outdoor Retreat is freaking awesome. I"m really enjoying it and will be doing my picture thread soon. There is so much to do in Granite Falls that I recommend staying 7 days. I love everything about this pack. For starters I love the new cabin flooring and walls and the new premade cabin rooms. Now it's easier to build proper looking cabins in the game.

The good thing about this pack is most of the stuff can be used in the home worlds for example have a campout in your sims yard with the tents. The coolers are just wow and when we get a tropical vacation and possibly houseboats they'll really come in handy.

Yes were limithed in the retreat now. I've been pushing the gurus on twitter working on gamepacks hard for a tropical vacation gamepack next.

:) Hi cat, I decided to bring your comment here. Thanks for the response and YES!! this GP is awesome I love your other GP ideas..
  • CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    Art camp, woodworking camp, chess camp, guitar camp.
    Art camp, woodworking camp, chess camp, guitar camp.
    Yes, I love it ...Are you playing that in your game?

I made a writer's workshop. I added a computer, chess table and easel to one of the cabins. A great way for my sim to escape from family, friends and the salt mine to work on skills and earn a little extra money. You could also make an herbalism school, fitness camp, cooking school, secret computer lab, hidden rocket base, etc. Pick a skill and furnish a cabin with the right tools.
    Pick a skill and furnish a cabin with the right tools.

:)That's what I'm talking about *thumbs up*

• bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Oh my, I'd never thought of all those options! Thanks for the suggestions!
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Some of the cabins can be copied to your library to use elsewhere.

Place one in Oasis Springs during the holiday season and decorate it with the christmas pack we got in December. The Christmas Items look great in the new cabins especially the christmas tree. With Outdoor Retreat we got new Cabin Wall and Floor Patterns that can make a convincing cabin.
    Thanks@ bashaglv :)
    Great great idea@cat :)
  • KoalagirllKoalagirll Posts: 297 Member
    Those are some great ideas you listed! I never even thought about changing the theme of it! Now I am going to go try some of those great ideas out!
    koalagirl@thanks & please try them out because it really brings additional fun. :)

I will definitely be trying some of them out. I just started an orphanage kids retreat and it is pretty sweet! Some other ideas I am going to try in the near future are a spa retreat, a military base camp retreat, a theme park grounds retreat, a sorority and fraternities retreat, and a music retreat. Of course I will try more, but those are the ones I will be doing really soon.
    :o Oh my! @ my comment above I wonder why did it turn out like that and take up so much space? Anyway koalagirl I would love to see your orphanage.
    Yeah I saw your comment and I was like, woah blank space. And I will try to figure out how to get a pic up sometime for you.
  • LuauauLuauau Posts: 64 Member
    I made a girls retreat kind of thing and made it all relaxing and girly for my three room mates. That was quite fun!

I'm tempted to try a couple of your suggestions though :)
  • Mollypup9Mollypup9 Posts: 518 Member
    I was severely disappointed when my artist couldn't take her easel with her camping. She's an outdoor type.........and it seemed the perfect combination. I never thought to edit the lot to see if I could add an easel. Duh moment. lol

Some good ideas here. But so far I enjoy it just as the camping retreat. What would be cool though is if in future game packs we did get some other places for "retreats" like the beach, snowy mountains (ski, snow boarding, ice skating), amusement park........developers coming up with a new retreat place every now and again would really spice up the game for an affordable price. :)
    :) @ molly...yes, editing the lot can bring many ideas to life . My artist / creative sim loves her artist retreat ...one with nature is the perfect setting for some very creative paintings <3
    Mollypup9 wrote: »
    if in future game packs we did get some other places for "retreats" like the beach, snowy mountains (ski, snow boarding, ice skating),
    I did that in Sims 3 for one of my families. I edited Champs les Sims to be a seasonal vacation spot. I made a beach with food booths, a renaissance fair for summer and in different part of town ice skating snow boarding for winter (sadly, it never snowed there.)
  • SimplysimSimplysim Posts: 40 Member
    Yeah! I am going to go make a boot camp! That would be cool :-)
    :) @ simplysim.... awesome!
  • manwitchmanwitch Posts: 1,372 Member
    Great thread thank you! :) I don't have the pack yet. but I will LOL.
    A Sam Witch is just a Sam Witch ...
    :) @ manwitch......YW & thank you, trust me if u get the GP u will have so much fun with the possibilities alone.
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    Wow, that's a great list! While I was reading all the different retreats my mind was running wild with joy, especially when you mentioned spa retreat, and winter retreat!! Just you imagine Granite Falls covered in snow!! I'm actually daydreaming IRL, Thank you for that! ;)