Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Overall, How Happy Are You With This Game?

I feel like the game could improve a lot more, and I mean a lot more (adding toddlers and preteens) but overall it's fun.

Teens are pretty weird though, and I wish they would be shorter. Three stages that are basically the same are just meh.

I'm excited to see the future of this game!
keep on keepin' on

Comments

• Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    I am in love with this game. I'm the happiest man alive at this moment <3

And yes this game has more potential. It has like 10 potential or maybe more! #PraiseSims4 #BestGame2k15
  • Options
    jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    edited January 2015
    Overall I'm not happy with the game at all. There are a few things in the game that I like; the Gallery and the "push and pull" concept for CAS and build mode. Opinions aside, from a technical standpoint the sims 4 is just not a well made game. For example, notice how your sims magically teleport from lot to lot? No car, no taxi, no nothing. They just vanish off the lot. That's called lazy game developing. Second example; the world map. It's a blue screen with white buildings. The sims 1 map blows this one out of the water and that was 15 years ago. This is also lazy game developing, or in this case, rushed game developing lol. There are so many examples of developers cutting corners and "fudging" their way through this game to get it released on time.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=qY__IL8Cz8k&x-yt-cl=84503534&x-yt-ts=1421914688
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    Yes.
  • Options
    CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    Disappointed. I can't play for more than 30 minutes or so. I haven't played since I installed OR. It just feels like there's nothing at all to do and I don't care for the challenges set by the game. Every other game I play I feel as though i'm working towards a goal and i've never felt that in previous Sims games but with 4 it's either do that or do literally nothing. I can't even build anymore because the worlds are too small and i've ran out of space.

It's annoying because I love the way the Sims look, I love the scenery aroud lots, if the graphics were sharpened a bit more (see Sims 2 comparison thread) i'd be happy with the way the game looked. I could even still like the game without open worlds and create a style since the Sims 2 kept me entertained for hours. It does have good points and improved features in certain ways but there is so much missing and lacking that I don't think it's likely it can be brought up to scratch to compete with the others and that's a terrible shame.
  • Options
    Wildley CuriousWildley Curious Posts: 5,349 Member
    No toddlers. No story progression. Juvenile toilet humor. Bleh!
    “I was so sure that I knew what they needed and what I wanted to sell them that I never stopped long enough to find out what it was they wanted to buy.”
    ― Chris Murray, The Extremely Successful Salesman's Club
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    I'm really disappointed in the game but more than that I'm disappointed in the team. I know they are capable of much better and it's sad to watch an unknown thing sabotage that and instead of that being acknowledged I'm disappointed in 'blame the customer' games.

I don't hate the team or bear them any ill will however-it's sort of like when you tell your family members 'I love you and I'm not angry-but I'm very disappointed in you'
  • Options
    sirona66sirona66 Posts: 5,196 Member
    I am pretty happy with the game. I enjoy it a lot and enjoy all the aspects of it, I enjoy the collections, the travel to find it all, and now the pack. With even more fun in it.
  • Options
    ts3semlts3seml Posts: 440 Member
    edited January 2015
    I'm happy enough. There are plenty of things that I will want to see changed moving forward but I like it. I've never fallen in love with the base games. I've always been disappointed and gotten bored after a surprisingly short time. This isn't that much different. I'm still playing and enjoying it but hope to see improvements coming soon.
    • More places to go like restaurants, movie theaters, shops, more neighborhoods to live, etc. Not rabbit holes but actual places.
    • Improved family play with toddlers, family trees, recognition, and deeper relationships
    • The life stages are too similar for teens and young adult. They really look the same to me. They should have different aspirations, more things related to teens. Young adult and adult, too. We need a Generation like EP.
    • Maybe something similar to the Apartments EP or a great vacation EP to pull in photography (although you could do that with a great Generation EP

Looking at my list, I don't think it is unrealistic that we could get many of those things. It will speak volumes to me if the first EP has nothing to do with what people are saying they want and/or no mention of toddlers, family trees, etc. The game could go a different direction pretty easily and lose me. The GP was great so I still believe we are heading the right direction.

• Options
    blueasbutterflyblueasbutterfly Posts: 3,425 Member
    SelenaGrey wrote: »
    I haven't played it in over a month. I'm extremely unhappy with my game. A few reasons below:

1. It's juvenile. I feel as though I'm no longer the target audience. The devs took out the meaningful family play and replaced it with toilet humor and pranks. While, I'm not against being silly, I would rather have the family play if forced to choose & the choice was a very easy one. Poop jokes, fart jokes, fat jokes etc. Yet no family trees, no toddlers, no meaningful gameplay.

2. It's limited. The new an improved build mode is wasted on a game with ZERO customization. I don't have CaSt, colorwheels or even any decent number of presets to chose from. All my houses look the same. I can only build up to 3 levels foundations are finicky and so creating split level houses are all but impossible. The sims them selves have a very limited number of preset hairstyles, colors and clothing options to chose from as well. I want to be able to style my own look and I really can't do that with the lack of color wheels and cast.

3. It's linear. This is no longer sandbox play with traits being nerfed because they are deemed 'overpowered' and parties and events beings structured with checklists at every corner. A dates success should not be determined by what the two do together, it should be about how much they clicked when they were together. The player should have full control over whether or not the dates kiss at the end of the night. Not being kissed shouldn't be a mark off either because some people like to take it slow.

4. It's isolating and superficial. There's no story progression! Rotational play consists of your sims cheating on their partners while you're starting up a new family. Yet they don't age, have children, get promoted or do anything that real people do. They only cheat. It's superficial, cheap and lazy. There's also way too many continuation errors. My sim friends will say they need to leave but then they are back 20 minutes later ringing the doorbell. The loading screens in my own neighborhood I feel it's way too much to deal with. It might have been okay in 2004 for, but there is absolutely no excuse for it now. I am force to endure loading screen after loading screen if I want to go anywhere or do anything. Good thing there isn't much to do in town anyway. This doesn't feel like a real town with real people at all.

5. It's a step back. This game should include everything we have come to love in the first 3 iterations, yet also have new and exciting ideas. Each game has come further and further from their predecessor until the sims 4. Now we have taken a huge step back. Why? For a 70 dollar price tag, this game is a shell of what it should be. We all know the list of what's not there that was expected in the base game.

There are a bunch of little nit-picky reasons but these are the main ones.

I was going to reply to this thread but @SelenaGrey‌ already typed my thoughts for me somehow >.>
    toddlersig3_zps62792e0c.jpg
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    I agree with everything @SelenaGray mentioned.

I was so excited to hear about a new Sims game when they first announced it, but little by little each new "reveal that I saw had me more and more concerned. Once I finally played it, I realized that there was very little in the game for me to enjoy. Once I was done making my Sims in CAS, I had nothing else to do. So, yeah, I'm very disappointed and I don't play it at all anymore.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    CowPlantForHireCowPlantForHire Posts: 6,002 Member
    I haven't played it in over a month. I'm extremely unhappy with my game. A few reasons below:

1. It's juvenile. I feel as though I'm no longer the target audience. The devs took out the meaningful family play and replaced it with toilet humor and pranks. While, I'm not against being silly, I would rather have the family play if forced to choose & the choice was a very easy one. Poop jokes, fart jokes, fat jokes etc. Yet no family trees, no toddlers, no meaningful gameplay.

2. It's limited. The new an improved build mode is wasted on a game with ZERO customization. I don't have CaSt, colorwheels or even any decent number of presets to chose from. All my houses look the same. I can only build up to 3 levels foundations are finicky and so creating split level houses are all but impossible. The sims them selves have a very limited number of preset hairstyles, colors and clothing options to chose from as well. I want to be able to style my own look and I really can't do that with the lack of color wheels and cast.

3. It's linear. This is no longer sandbox play with traits being nerfed because they are deemed 'overpowered' and parties and events beings structured with checklists at every corner. A dates success should not be determined by what the two do together, it should be about how much they clicked when they were together. The player should have full control over whether or not the dates kiss at the end of the night. Not being kissed shouldn't be a mark off either because some people like to take it slow. This is only one example of the many controlled situations forced upon your sims.

4. It's isolating and superficial. There's no story progression! Rotational play consists of your sims cheating on their partners while you're starting up a new family. Yet they don't age, have children, get promoted or do anything that real people do. They only cheat. It's superficial, cheap and lazy. There's also way too many continuation errors. My sim friends will say they need to leave but then they are back 20 minutes later ringing the doorbell. The loading screens in my own neighborhood I feel it's way too much to deal with. It might have been okay in 2004 for, but there is absolutely no excuse for it now. I am force to endure loading screen after loading screen if I want to go anywhere or do anything. Good thing there isn't much to do in town anyway. This doesn't feel like a real town with real people at all.

5. It's a step back. This game should include everything we have come to love in the first 3 iterations, yet also have new and exciting ideas. Each game has come further and further from their predecessor until the sims 4. Now we have taken a huge step back. Why? For a 70 dollar price tag, this game is a shell of what it should be. We all know the list of what's not there that was expected in the base game.

Pretty much this. Thanks, @SelenaGrey‌.
    tumblr_msl1pmMPdd1sho68to1_400.gif
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I like it can't wait to start seeing expansions.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Not too happy with it, look like EA/Maxis took too many shortcuts with the game, not a lot of draw to it even with the new GP.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Maybe in five years it might be as good as the base game of sims3.
  • Options
    Wildley CuriousWildley Curious Posts: 5,349 Member
    catitude5 wrote: »
    Maybe in five years it might be as good as the base game of sims3.

Unfortunately at the rate this is going I think in five years the game will be irrelevant - assuming it's still around at all. :(
    “I was so sure that I knew what they needed and what I wanted to sell them that I never stopped long enough to find out what it was they wanted to buy.”
    ― Chris Murray, The Extremely Successful Salesman's Club
  • Options
    HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    Well imo this game is an insult to the franchise.
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    JaciJadeJaciJade Posts: 1,078 Member
    I'm very disappointed with the game. @SelenaGrey‌ mentioned many of the reasons I am so I won't repeat them.
    Thank you EA and thank you Maxis..we got our babies back, Yay!
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member

3. It's linear. This is no longer sandbox play with traits being nerfed because they are deemed 'overpowered' and parties and events beings structured with checklists at every corner. A dates success should not be determined by what the two do together, it should be about how much they clicked when they were together. The player should have full control over whether or not the dates kiss at the end of the night. Not being kissed shouldn't be a mark off either because some people like to take it slow. This is only one example of the many controlled situations forced upon your sims.

4. It's isolating and superficial. There's no story progression! Rotational play consists of your sims cheating on their partners while you're starting up a new family. Yet they don't age, have children, get promoted or do anything that real people do. They only cheat. It's superficial, cheap and lazy. There's also way too many continuation errors. My sim friends will say they need to leave but then they are back 20 minutes later ringing the doorbell. The loading screens in my own neighborhood I feel are way too much to deal with. It might have been okay in 2004, but there is absolutely no excuse for it now. I am force to endure loading screen after loading screen if I want to go anywhere or do anything. Good thing there isn't much to do in town anyway. This doesn't feel like a real town with real people at all.

The Sims 4 is perfect though... D:
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited January 2015
    I'm happy with it. I find it so lively compared with Sims 3, and I'm not talking only about numbers on lots. Everything about the game is livelier. I loving the rotational gameplay -- it's what I always wanted rotational play to be -- and I'm excited about the potential of the world structure, and the first Game Pack is excellent and suggests more great stuff to come. I'd like to see a few changes to the base game -- editable public land in neighbourhoods and having all the nonresidential lots in a neighbourhood open (I have to talk to visit my real-life neighbours, but not to walk into a bar after I've been at the library) -- but I'm hoping not to see more changes that make the game Sims 3-like. I like that Sims 4 isn't Sims 3. I don't want to waste game time commuting, and I really, really don't want to lose the more challenging career advancement or to have story progression forced back onto me. I do hope to see a toddler stage added because I believe it would be a less boring toddler stage, more like Sims 2's than Sims 4's, given what else has been developed, but not having toddlers there now isn't killing my game, even as a family-focused Simmer. (Yes, there are actually family-focused Simmers who can live for a while without toddlers or help visualizing a family tree. There's a lot more to family life than that, and the living feels better done in this game than Sims 3 for me. My Sims seem to actually care about each other, and I care about them.)

FWIW, I'm not a preteen; even my kids aren't preteens anymore. I'm a businesswoman with multiple degrees. And I giggle when my Sims fart after eating beans. Why should my game have to be mature just because I am? I want to be silly sometimes too.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    for me i give a 4 / 10 note
    too much annyoing load screen
    lack of content
    tiny cities which even if you combine both in one city the city will still be tiny, 2 cities with 21 lotes each omg
    lack of npcs(police, burglar, firefighter, curator for museum, a Librarian for library, a recepcionist or a trainer for the gym, repair man, gardener
    lack of places to go we have only 7 places to go, bar, nightclub and loung(which area almost the same thing), park, museum and library and gym, no restaurant, no cinema, no amusement park(ok that can come in a exp) no arcade, no lanhouse none place for teens or childs to go rater than park
    lack of content for childrens and teens, again, we have basically only 2 type of toys for parks, the horizontal ladder and the 2 types of 3 in one toy (pirate boat and space ship) where others basic things for a park for childresn like baby swing, slide, seasaw

the game instead of improve and keep things from previous game and add more things to the current just give even less things
    the limited colors choice indeed the color wheel is a missin
    load screens every where, even with the new 16 december we gained a load screen to go to another load screen(when you try to travel you get a short load screen before the travel panel then another load screen after choose to where to go), thi is unforgiveble for a 2014 to 2015 game with a big company like ea when we have the DAI being a open world and sucess we get a closed and fail game.

the sims are funny i dont have much problem with cartoon graphics i play wow and wow is a cartoon graphic, but the game itself is too much "my little poney" collorfull, you dont feel inside a town you feel inside a painting, because the painted grass is horrible and many others details

the horrible storyprogression which only work to make peoples angry with absurd unwanted amount off cheat or sims being deleted because the can't stop to genereate new sims and delete random sims.

being only a 32 bits game again we are 2015 hello, how many games from top companies you see being made "only 32 bits"???

the plasti hair need hugh improviment, graphics not be more polished, please get ridle of that monstruosite which try to pretend to be a squirrel

lack of interactions specially romance when i look to old sims 3 and sims 2 or when i play sims medieval i see more romantic interactions even for base game than here.

overal this is the game of "potential" a rushed game with many fail things and lack of content with the desire to match a deadline by any means necessary, who have only potentail, to be a game but currently is just a beta game or maybe alpha game and have potential to one day become a game.
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I guess content would be the best way to put it. I have some disappointments, but the game's not awful and I do like it.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited January 2015
    I like that it's not S3. I cringe every time I see people compare it to S3, or complain about features missing from S3. I pretty much dislike everything about S3 and don't want another S3, but this game made me want to love S3, and I gave it my best.

Regarding S4, I actually enjoyed it until I stopped playing it all together about 3 weeks ago for reasons I'm not going to harp on about. Needless to say, it's been over a month since my concerns have not been addressed. I'm not even feeling the urge to try to play, and I'm not feeling any love or desire for the Game Pack. It seemed tempting at first, but I chose to stick to my guns, and now, I feel no desire for it and am glad I didn't buy it—the GP, that is.
    Post edited by kremesch73 on
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    edited January 2015
    [...] or to have story progression forced back onto me. [...]

How can something be forced when you have always the possibilty to turn it off?!
    I do hope to see a toddler stage added

I hope not. Toddlers were a very annoying (and forced) part of previous sims games if you wanted to play the family life. I liked teens though.
    I'm a businesswoman with multiple degrees. And I giggle when my Sims fart after eating beans.

And don't forget you love to play with virtual dolls in your little dollhouse. Also you talk negative about a life simulation feature in a life simulation game. So yeah.
    I like that Sims 4 isn't Sims 3

Nobody wanted The Sims 4 to become The Sims 3.5. Everybody is talking about taking the best features of previous Sims games and create the ultimative Sims experience. So I don't know why you (again, as always) are using this thread to attack the most successful series in the franchise (The Sims 3). This thread is about 4, just you know.
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I hope not. Toddlers were a very annoying (and forced) part of previous sims games if you wanted to play the family life. I liked teens though.
    You had the option to age them up immediately if you didn't like them. For those of us that want them, we don't have any option. That's not fair.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    BamajamBamajam Posts: 812 Member
    It's like I married someone and we were both too young and the honeymoon ended after a couple months and I want out but have agreed to joint counseling. However my mistress, TS3, is demanding more of my time and while she is not as pretty, she is more fun and I like spending time with her. Now TS4 is mad at me cuz I won't go camping with her.
    Oops, gotta go...medication time!