Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Skylights question?

I am using skylights (I believe from the dance studio) in a build I am working on. Parts of the roof keep showing underneath no matter how much I re-arrange them. Do I HAVE to have roof/floor/ceiling under them to keep the weather out or was this "fixed" in a patch?

Comments

• SemaviLadySemaviLady Posts: 526 Member
    I have not played with the dance studio but I think the greenhouse is probably similar.

The glass arches are only roof DECORATIONS, and are not actual roof material, so your building is basically nekkid and exposed to weather. All you need to add is a floor to the upper story, and it will turn invisible when you view the building with the glass roof decorations. Anyway, this is how I understand it. People were building green houses and expecting the roof decorations to behave as roofs but that's not what roof decorations do.

Cheerleader_by_CookiemagiK.gifI've owned the TS3 Store since Feb 2015-thanks to the help of many other simmers
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ☆★☆ My Page ☆★☆-♞- TS3❣
  • RedlawRedlaw Posts: 84 Member
    The green house does need a floor of some sort (either a flat roof or a flat floor) to be placed and look right. It does let light to go threw though. I would think the skylights work the same way.
  • FrayedFlightFrayedFlight Posts: 520 Member
    Thanks all. The reason why I was asking is that they look pretty awful...they still want to make partial floors/ceiling when they are covered.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    Kalphoenix wrote: »
    Thanks all. The reason why I was asking is that they look pretty awful...they still want to make partial floors/ceiling when they are covered.

I only have that problem if I have move objects on when I place them.
    Hmmm. Took me a minute to remember why I had moveobjects on when I placed them. I think it was because otherwise it wasn't letting me line them up next to each other. I'll probably try again, it was just a test build when I was messing with them, I may have been doing something else weird.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    You can place them and then turn move objects off. Then go back and click and hit Escape on all the problem pieces. They should all be good then.
    That is super helpful, thank you!