Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rabbit Holes and Lots question?

I am sorry for all the questions, going on a building binge and planning out a few lots. I know a rabbit hole basically overwrites a lot's type. My question is, will NPC sims still use/visit a lot with a rabbit hole on it, even though it defaults to "no visitors?" I haven't played for a bit, logic tells me that they do, however I have also noticed not everything follows the rules of logic when building.

For instance, if I created a school with a playground, would NPC students still use it? If I created a lot with a rabbithole salon, but also added an additional structure with say, saunas and the massage table, would NPCs still utilize this space on the map?

I am trying to decide if it is worth combining some of these lots (I would prefer to do this) or if I am better off putting them on their own lots.

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    "No Visitors Allowed" means sims will visit/use a rabbithole but only for its stated purpose. "Visitors Allowed" means they will visit the lot for any reason.

So a school with "No Visitors Allowed" will still let the school building function in all its defined ways. But no inactives will go near the playground or anything else on the lot as they will not be pushed to visit for anything that is not school-related.

Similarly, a Business Building with "Visitors Allowed" will function as it should, but it will also draw sims to its front lawn to play catch (if they really have nothing else to do). Or sit in the sauna, if the lot has one of those. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    I like the 'no visitors allowed', kinda pushes townies to congregate in a more specific set of areas, condensing them instead of having them scattered here there and everywhere.
  • FrayedFlightFrayedFlight Posts: 520 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    "No Visitors Allowed" means sims will visit/use a rabbithole but only for its stated purpose. "Visitors Allowed" means they will visit the lot for any reason.

So a school with "No Visitors Allowed" will still let the school building function in all its defined ways. But no inactives will go near the playground or anything else on the lot as they will not be pushed to visit for anything that is not school-related.

Similarly, a Business Building with "Visitors Allowed" will function as it should, but it will also draw sims to its front lawn to play catch (if they really have nothing else to do). Or sit in the sauna, if the lot has one of those. :)

Thanks for the thoughts...maybe I am thinking of an older patch; I was sure rabbit holes basically forced the lot to be "No Visitors Allowed."

• Shadoza2Shadoza2 Posts: 1,579 Member
    I made a playground behind my school (on the same lot.) Students will use the playground after school with the "no visitors allowed," however, they do not use the playground otherwise. I tried changing the setting to "visitors allowed" but changed it back because the "Visitors" were blocking the doors making the students group together in an angry mob trying to get in or out. Even though the lot does not allow visitors, I can still tell my sims to go to the playground at anytime and they will go. It seems NPCs will not go on their own unless there is a celebrity on the lot.

• FrayedFlightFrayedFlight Posts: 520 Member
    Thanks for the extra details, Shadoza2! I will be very careful in considering where to place rabbitholes and additional content.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've got schools in tow towns on lot zoned as libraries and the school rabbit holes are in the basement because I used the rugs instead of the shells.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    edited January 2015
    TadOlson wrote: »
    I've got schools in tow towns on lot zoned as libraries and the school rabbit holes are in the basement because I used the rugs instead of the shells.
    I like to add a bit of straw and leaves to mine - for that natural touch. It's all in the presentation.

• cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member

What are these rugs you are talking about? What expansion did they come with?
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    The rabbit hole rugs are CC and they don't come with any EP's or SP's.I got mine from CustomSims when it was still around before it got shut down.They are available HERE and you require a Mods framework folder and they go into the packages folder in your Mods folder.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    The rabbit hole rugs are CC and they don't come with any EP's or SP's.I got mine from CustomSims when it was still around before it got shut down.They are available HERE and you require a Mods framework folder and they go into the packages folder in your Mods folder.

Thanks.