Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Downloading Content Without the Launcher Installed?

Recently did a clean system installation and I noticed my Store Content folder is not 100% up to date. Seems like it should be straightforward, but I can't seem to download store content while logged into my account without the launcher? I am positive at one time I was able to save the package file without having the launcher/game installed, but maybe I am not remembering correctly?

Comments

• FrayedFlightFrayedFlight Posts: 520 Member
    Eh, I ended up installing the base game.
    Aaaand after spending all night re-installing the game, store content will NOT install. I could scream.
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    As far as I know, you need the launcher to install sims3packs. If you saved your downloads from before, you can double click on them whereever they are and they open the launcher. If you saved your DCbackup files, those can be put in your mods packages file and they will show up in your game without needing a launcher.

I use Valgon's list found here:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/768818/store-mega-list-for-extra-quick-redownloading-now-in-excel/p1
    to go directly to the store links and automatically download, but you do need the launcher (and it's best if you already have it open).

If your launcher if causing headaches now, it might be that you need to update Origin. (You shouldn't have to... but... sometimes things are weird in the EA...Origin...launcher...login connection.)

Good luck.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    You can download and install store content in game using Downloads Dashboard. It is found in same menu as options.

Or keep downloads folder empty except for items being installed. Move other items to a secure backup location.
    I am so sorry, I meant to come back and comment on this, I fixed it. What ended up being the problem is a mismatch with the codes in Origin (I have multiple versions of a few games due to the "packs" that were released at one time). I was able to re-install JUST the game I was having an issue with from the CD and then the content loaded in fine so far as I can tell. Thank you again!
  • SpiderCrowWolfSpiderCrowWolf Posts: 1,380 Member
    I wish there was a way to get these items into game without the launcher. I have continual issues with this launcher, downloading, installing and even the dashboard. Wish EA would offer support for this but of course they're too concerned now with Sims 4 to worry about Sims 3 players from what I'm experiencing.