Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    edited October 2021
    @texxx78

There are so much cc outthere, I cant play without it these days.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Screenshot-83.jpg
    Edward: Thank you for the dance, Sally.
    Sally: ....
    Edward: What's wrong?
    Leota: Hello, Master Gracey.

Screenshot-84.jpg
    Edward: What do you want Leota?
    Leota: That young lady right behind you..I have unfinished business
    with her.

Screenshot-85.jpg
    Edward: you'll have to go through me first...
    Leota: That is no issue for me.

Screenshot-87.jpg
    Leota; You can throw your threats all you want.You forget who
    has control over all of you..

Screenshot-88.jpg\
    Leota: You are lucky I grow tired, I need charging.Take this as
    a warning Sally, go away...

Screenshot-89.jpg
    Ezra: She is one strange lady...
    Edward: ...I think you should leave Sally.
    April: What?!
    Sally: You don't want me here?

Screenshot-90.jpg
    Edward: You know that's not true at all. You aren't safe here anymore,
    Sally.Please find your mother and leave...We'll be fine.
    Sally: But....
    Edward: Do it for me?
    Sally: If that's what you really want.

Screenshot-91.jpg
    Music: No spell has been broken...no words have been spoken, no
    point anymore if she can't love me.

Screenshot-92.jpg
    Music: No hope she would do so, no dream to pursue so..I look to myself
    despite all the things I seen.

Screenshot-93.jpg
    Music For I know that she can't not set me free...

Screenshot-94.jpg
    Leota: You think you're clever, sending her away...

Screenshot-95.jpg
    Edward: You can't harm her now, Leota..Do what you want with me,
    but you will not threaten Sally again.
    Leota: No need of that! I finally get what I want...sending her away
    is your downfall, Mr.Gracey.

to be continued....
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    Should have an update tonight as well as some comments. I’m currently on my lunch break at work, so trying to type on phone.
    @Emily4331 That's really all you can do, give them love and be there for them until the end.

@Nikkei_Simmer Enjoy your game! Haven't played it but seems to be a fun game.

@Karritz Watched one video from the series, need to watch the next ones.

@Silverofdreams30 You're welcome.

@GraceyManor I'm glad Sally agreed to dance.
    Great update!
    Uh oh, not Leota.
    Glad to see she needs to recharge her magic, otherwise they might be in danger.
    It's not what he wants, but it's for her safety.

@emorrill Unfortunately, it's probably going to get busier with the holiday's coming up.
    You're welcome.
    Yeah, don't really want a woman kissing her guys forehead because the shoes made her tall and not line up, lol
    I'm usually good about turning it the right way, but not that time. :lol: It was funny watching them try to squeeze into that space.
    I've maybe heard it on the commercial once. I do know I've never ever eaten at an Applebee's in my life. Closest one would be like an hour away.

@texxx78 Sounds like Baltazar has been a good Sim for you.
    I may have used the ghost potion once, but I do believe you are right that there isn't much difference other than appearance.
    Great update!

@lisasc360 Nice additions for the Addams Family and the Munsters.

@Puddinroy Hi!

***Here are this weeks Elvis songs.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7R5xxDy3QU
    "You've Lost That Loving Feeling" was originally recorded by the Righteous Brothers, which included the famous Bill Medley. Bill and Jennifer Warnes later had a song that was in the movie, Dirty Dancing. Elvis decided to add "You've Lost That Loving Feeling" to his repertoire in the early 1970's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OHk09y1DpU
    "Mystery Train" and "Tiger Man" were from 1955 and 1968 respectively, and were both songs that Elvis sang. However, in the 1970's, Elvis and his band put these two songs together in what was known as "Mystery Train/Tiger Man". The version I am sharing shows some of the different jumpsuits that Elvis wore, how huge his crowds were, and the reactions of fans when they saw him in concert.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnJD6Hps-jQ
    And lastly, this song is called "Rags to Riches." Elvis sings that he would go from rags to riches if the woman would let him. The ending line says "Must I forever stay a beggar, whose golden dreams will not come true? Or will I go from rags to riches? My fate is up to you." As far as I've seen, I believe Elvis never did this song in concert, it was just on one of his albums from that period.
    Langerak Family Update, Day 157

FE7WkZg.jpg
    The day after their wedding, Michael and Irene shared a kiss in the living room. Quinton just so happened to decide he wanted to watch television, but they were standing in the way. Michael and Irene were then removed from the household, and I used the freerealestate cheat to get them a decent house.

lGAV8Lb.jpg\
    Daisy wanted to chat with her father, so Quinton got up to chat with her. He is a couch potato, so watching TV is one of his favorite things to do.

ZhSiMmX.jpg
    Everyone just ate leftovers for breakfast because they all had things that needed to be done. Ariana was still in her werewolf form so I was waiting on her to be able to transform back for a trip.

NYA9mjk.jpg
    It was finally time for Melanie to go to France to finish up the quest that started in China. Some of it was just running around talking to people.

8WhcHui.jpg
    1ZzZjMx.jpg
    Quinton had a wish to go to France, so I had him come along for the trip, as well as Ariana. He played guitar most of the first day, while Ariana read books, among other things.

OsFIILH.jpg
    KmBN37H.jpg
    TULrXYB.jpg
    Finally, after running around for a bit, Melanie was asked to visit Chateau de Landgraab, but only to check out the little apartment like building in the back.

hWwinGq.jpg
    Later on, when everyone got hungry, the trio headed to the cafe for a bite to eat.

RJiedBB.jpg
    And then they had a jam session outside the cafe, but not too many people came to watch.
    Langerak Update, France

Y1aUkkV.jpg
    A scenery picture from France.

6lSUgzR.jpg
    Melanie made breakfast for her family, and they got to chat with some tourists and fellow explorers. Of course, NPC explorers have never discovered anything, they are just dressed up like they are.

2VC2lAE.jpg
    Melanie was off running around, so Ariana and Quinton visited the nectary to pick up nectar making equipment. Not sure when I'll use it yet, but I got it with plans to use it sometime.

tUvoKRt.jpg
    Quinton harvested some of the nectary's grapes, while Ariana harvested the trees. This should get them started out with the skill soon.

sjOQsJ4.jpg
    Afterwards, she went for a jog around France, mostly because she was asked to do so for an opportunity.

5eUDR9H.jpg
    It was back to the Chateau for Melanie, she had to disable a trap just to get into the place. It has been a bit since I last did this adventure, so I forgot some things.

ycu10NI.jpg
    Since I had the ax, I decided to have Melanie break the rocks covering a stairway. It wasn't part of the adventure, but I wondered what was down there.

LDn1pa2.jpg
    While she was busy, Ariana and Quinton woohooed in the shower.

ItGSPXu.jpg
    But then I decided I needed to make use of Ariana's werewolf hunting skill, so I had her do that some of the time.

TXRSsMe.jpg
    Melanie finally completed the adventure, but then got shocked twice trying to enter another area.

pOT3cV6.jpg
    Back at home, Quinton and Ariana shared a kiss in the rain. Quinton expressed his desire to have another child, so the couple headed to the bedroom to try for a baby. It took two tries, but Ariana is now officially pregnant. I changed my mind about the Carly and Robert plan, but will still hook up Cori's baby with Ariana's baby.
  • meerkattimemeerkattime Posts: 261 Member
    Some comments from the few last pages :) .

@emorrill I'm happy to see your husband is doing better <3 . Looking forward to seeing how your story goes on, but that's a very unimportant thing compared to your husband getting well again :blush: . I'm glad to see (I read what you wrote to Brandontaylor, that you even managed to have a nice museum trip together already, so things are definitely getting better :) ).
    Yeah, island life is perfect :blush: - I sorta wish I could have it in my real life :flushed: .

@texxx78 R.I.P. Eve. 106 years is a pretty good achievement anyway! Poor Cassandra :( . Congratulations on the new baby! Congrats on Baltazar for the LTW and all the other achievements. 10 kids :o ? Oh my, lol :D . I've never tried that ghost potion, but doesn't look like it's really worth it, if it's just 3 hours and nothing really changes :/ . Congratulations on the engagement! I like the picture of the matching cars and horses :p .

@GraceyManor Love that huge library where Sally is reading a book and Edward is sitting next to her. Aww, and the most perfect kiss in the same place :love: . Leota showed up at a very bad moment :# . Evil Gus ghost :no_mouth: . Looks like the librarian might be very willing to help Sally - I bet they got hearts ;) . I love watching the stars animation <3 . Too bad they were interrupted. Lovely expressions on their faces - so much attraction between them. Aww, nice to see them dancing :blush: . Poor Edward is too insecure. Love all those ghosts gathering to the dance floor. Sally's dancing dress is so pretty! I don't think Sally will listen to Leota's warning, although everyone seems to be worried about her safety :s . Ok, she will then. We will see what happens.

@Brandontaylor Glad to see my vote won and Dwight will get his youth back :blush: . Lucky guy! Getting two adult lives instead of just one is quite a great reward for your accomplishments :star: . Great picture of Dwight fighting against Gao Pei. Romantic wedding kiss <3 . My sims always do private weddings so I didn't even know that this can happen with the wedding arch. I'll better check that the arch at my holiday resort is set the right way :# . Well, I'm glad everybody got something to eat at the wedding anyway ;).
    Thanks, Sheree is definitely enjoying her life, and I'm getting my part of the beauty of the island living :blush: .
    I enjoyed your travelling pics! Looks like they all got a lot done :) . Lovely kiss and congrats on the pregnancy!

@Silverofdreams30 Cute makeover! Isla Paradiso does have some nice-looking sims in it. I hope you'll get your new computer soon, so you'll get your missing sims back.

@Turjan My dad, who passed away in April, was a huge fan of Big Bang Theory. I watched it often when visiting his place. Quite funny to see his favourite characters in your game. Lovely mating rituals.

@CravenLestat You know I always love your girls, but I have to say that the horse is amazingly beautiful too <3 . I hope Jeanne D'Arc has maxed her riding skills by now :) .

@Puddinroy Hello! I hope life is treating you well :blush: .

@Nikkei_Simmer Have fun with your double XP days! :)

@Karritz Many gorgeous lots in your post! I downloaded your red and white striped roller coaster lot (which is not in your post here but just saying) since I'm playing in Isla Paradiso now, and you made it for that beach in there, to stand half on water, but I haven't tried placing it yet. Anyway, that lot looks like fun too!

@lisasc360 I enjoyed your the Addams Family and the Munsters update. I haven't really watched the Munsters, but I love Addams Family :smiley: .

In my game, Sheree is living in a houseboat, but now she has a second home too, on one of her 7 private islands. Perfect for romantic evenings <3 , and not far away from the port of her and her boyfriend's houseboat. I love sending them here for the sunsets :blush: .

cWOPEdM.jpg
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    emorrill wrote: »
    @Nikkei_Simmer Does your wife get on the Sims forums much? :lol:

Not often, but she's too busy playing SWTOR. :D:mrgreen:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,920 Member
    @Brandontaylor thank you. I hope you enjoyed it. When the 30 grandchildren series started I wasn't planning for it to go for so long. I got inspired as it went along. It's now quite close to the end.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    edited October 2021
    Sorry, folks, just needing to vent (serious Nikkei_Simmer here, yes, it's possible):

I generally like to keep my "private life" private, in terms of mostly anything outside of my kids achievements and my wife, but...

Yesterday we got a call from a hospital down where my wife's mother lives (think Southern USA) saying that she was in the hospital and she was showing signs of severe dementia. If we had the money we'd have hopped on a plane last night and headed down there, but we don't and so we have to hope that my mother-in-law's friends can help her while we are at a distance (over 3,800 miles away). It is doubtful that she will ever get "home" - that her next destination is a care-home.

Dementia is a one hell of a cruel disease - it takes away the person you know and love and replaces it with a stranger - that my wife's mother is being stripped away from her one memory at a time. My mother-in-law currently remembers her daughter (but thinks she lives somewhere else in the city and is unmarried). She won't recognize her grandchildren or the fact that I'm her daughter's husband).

My mother-in-law raised her daughter by herself and frankly, she was all my wife had before I met her. And they are close. It's got to be tearing my wife up inside right now. My wife's mother is being taken away from her - she's there physically, but her mind is no longer hers.

...and what's eating me up is that there isn't a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 thing I can do to "fix this..." as guys are wont to do.

All I'm asking for is for anyone who prays to keep her in your thoughts and prayers. That's all we can do at this moment.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@Nikkei_Simmer I'm sorry to hear that and will put her on my prayer list. You and your family are already on it.
    @Nikkei_Simmer So sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. My great grandma that passed away last year had dementia as well. For a while, she just had some memory lapses, but then she got where she even forgot what a telephone was called. She was put in extended care, as is her sister who also has dementia. By the time grandma passed, she didn’t remember who any of us where. Grandma’s and my Great Great Aunts dementia was slower but a lady in Grandma’s neighborhood that I talked to went downhill fast. I’m so sorry you and your wife can’t go visit her mother, that has to be tough. Keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers.
  • SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,143 Member
    Oh, I am sorry to hear about that... it is always.. umm.. unpleasant when someone you know and love can't even recognize you anymore... I don't even want to imagine the pain if that were to happen to my own parent.. (sorry, I always feel bad when people go through hard things, but I have never been good with messages of consolation).

Hmm, and it doesn't quite feel like the right time for this now, maybe, but in my last update Jonathan and his wife Kathrine actually went to visit his parents and her parent-in-laws... :/

It also became a very long update, and I'm not really sure how to shorten it for this thread, so I'll just do the usual and put the last part after the 10th picture in a spoiler...

Chapter 14.1 - Sunset Valley, March 2022: Jonathan and Sofies parents, part I.

Tk8OzkB.jpg
    Person on picture: Kleopatra Motor-Karlsen.

Last month, I had to stop by the Motor-Karlsen family, so that Kleopatra could age up to a teenager, but now we are back at the Kråke-Karlsen household again, where Ingrid is waiting for the new house to built so that she can move out of her parents home...

MyftxTG.jpg
    Person on picture: Ingrid Kråke-Karlsen.

Last month they had gotten the outer walls up on the house, but no wood panelling, inside walls or roof/ceiling, so lets see how far along they are now..

tW9ul0K.jpg

Oh, now its starting to look like something. The house has a roof, finally. the outer walls have wood panelling, and the inner walls are up. Most of the work should be interior now, and quite possibly they will be done by the end of this month. Of course, its not a big house by any means, as it is meant to be only a starter house for young adults, but atleast it is something new and fresh for our young Miss Snobby McSnob! ;)

zBm0nvR.jpg

Jonathan of course, wakes up to read in his daughters bedroom.. even though they have a reading spot in their own!

Z71MEVP.jpg
    OhsYVEc.jpg
    JNTpJpr.jpg

Morten goes to school while Kathrine and Ingrid have to go to work at their respective workplaces, the hospital and the town hall. Jonathan has the day off and spends it cleaning around the house. He has the neat personality trait which he inherited from his mom. In addition he buys a new bookshelf and a seesaw.

6IpzE1P.jpg

For some reason him and Kathrine have gotten into buying more kids toys recently...
    Now speaking of Jonathans mom, I think it is time for the family to pay a visit to Jonathan (and his sister Sofies) parents and their living arrangement...

ROi9jGF.jpg

While Jonathan does his cleaning, I check up on Jarle and Iselin to see how they are doing. They are expecting a new baby, and are as romantic as ever. ;)

CoxapOW.jpg

Jonathan gets a wish to learn charisma, so he drives off in his fast and fancy car (..or was that furious?) to town to check if there is a course to attend.
    OprAf8T.png

While Jonathan attends his course in charisma, this message pops up. Sofie is Jonathans sister and Kleopatras mother. Police has gotten a little stricter lately, it would seem.. I don't think Sofie would be the one to do anything wrong... Now I want to follow her, just to see what she is up too. Currently she is standing outside the Amundsen and co. Cartoon store (nerd hangout). Not the grocery store as the pop-up said...

lYKIwX1.jpg

She goes home, picks up Walter, and then actually goes to grocery store.... ;)

As she does so, Jonathan is finished with his course in charisma. All his wishes at the moment are related to Kathrine and Morten, so there isn't much to direct him too. You're free to roam mister, show me what you want to do. ;)

Well, he's not doing anything sensible besides surfing his phone and practicing the school uh.. school slogan shout dance thing.. (yeah, I don't know what you actually call that in english...) even though he never went to university... so I send him off to visit his mom and dad, Lucie and Asgeir Karlsen.

Jonathan always had a good relationship with both of his parents, in spite of their fighting and consequential divorce. Like his sister, he lived with his father ever since Lucie was kicked out, but he would often go fishing with her when he was a child and teenager, which was pretty much his only way of meeting and hanging out with his mom.

Y78Xxci.jpg

This monstrosity of a house is his parents home where he grew up. It wasn't all that much when his parents first moved into town back in the 1970s, but as they excelled in their careers and got wealthier, of course, the house also got bigger and bigger....

The garden in front is Lucies garden, as she was, and perhaps still is, an avid gardener and fisher. I don't know, I haven't had them as the active household in a long time.

qRLAJJt.jpg

Jonathans father Asgeir comes around the corner to let him in. As he doesn't walk out the front door, it looks like he has been hanging out inside Lucies apartment. Yes, she does live there now, but in her own apartment with a back entrance... Their backstory has been mentioned a few times already so I'm hopefully not boring you to much with it...., but their relationship went south after Lucie cheated on Asgeir with Beau Andrews at work... which resulted in fighting in the home, and a divorce where she got kicked out.

NyFjkq4.jpg
    Picture: Backside of the house with the main entrance to Lucies apartment.

When they had grandchildren, Asgeir had built an apartment, and offered for her to move back in, given that she lived there. In the beginning he had closed off the rest of to house to her, to avoid any fighting between them. They were still not friends, and would get into physical fights with each other everytime they got near each other.. it was quite difficult to have them reconciliate this relationship! They have remained friends since, but never remarried.

i1wBqNe.jpg

Picture: Backside of the house with Lucies entrance into the backyard (left), and the main backyard entrance (right).
    You might not think so, when you look at these old cosy people nowadays, that they used to hate each others guts, but they were quite troublesome... the radical opposite of what I wanted them to be... I wanted to create happy family moments with these guys... They were to be the founding family of my legacy... what a mess it turned out to be..

5n8HtbW.jpg

Another view of their house with the playground area and swimming pool. They may not have had much of a stable family life, but atleast they had money.... If you're going to cry, at least do it in nice surroundings... or well, I don't remember excactly how the quote went, but something like that...

sMtthP9.jpg

KtO3kEE.jpg

Jonathan shares some gossip with his old man, before he goes inside to the library to read. His father is a writer and a painter, and of course, has a lot of books. Fact: One of these bookshelves is in fact a secret passageway... However, this is from before I had any expansion packs installed, so I had to do it the slightly more cumbersome way being going into build mode and move the bookshelf everytime the passageway was to be used..

IkgHMTv.jpg

Behind the bookshelf is a secret staircase leading down into the basement... Supernatural was the last expansion pack I bought, so if I make this my active household sometime later, I might change the bookshelf to the passageway it was meant to be. ;)

Anyway, I hear the sound of videogames from somewhere in the house, which probably means that his mother is also home.

GCe8FCz.jpg

And yes, she is. This is Lucie, sitting in her apartment section playing video games.

7PLJwiS.jpg

Looks like Jonathan wants to visit his mom. He has gone out in the backyard to enter her apartment section that way. There are no doors on the inside between the main part of the house and her section.

dHMs36L.jpg

On the first floor of her section is this tiny hallway, a staircase and a bathroom to the right.

kqXv0ji.jpg

On the second floor is a small kitchen and dining area, as well as her living space with a couch and a tv. Well, there should have been a small dining table here with four chairs, but somehow it has disappeared...

0aAdG5Z.jpg

The first thing Lucie does when she sees her son again is to walk up to him and brag about her arcade gaming skills..

14or8cr.jpg

They stand there for a while and discuss books and writing. Lucie isn't a bookworm, but can't help but be affected by the rest of the familys interest in anything book related...

Jc9cTDt.jpg

Then she picks up the book he left on the kitchen bench to put it back into the shelf. Lucie has always been a neat and orderly person. ;)

PbcGihU.jpg

She has to walk by Asgeir on the way there. They both glance at each other, but neither of them say a word.

OO4Xfjq.jpg

Kathrine is finished with her shift at the hospital, and comes over to visit as well. Asgeir hears the doorbell ringing, but can't pull himself away from the tv to react..

uOXHrYC.jpg

Kathrine eventually makes it inside and goes for a drink... Could probably need to wind down a bit after a stressful day at the hospital, with heart transplantations and other surgeries left and right...

D1sMDLN.jpg

oJlJ4J8.jpg

Lucie has become a bit of nerd in her older days, and offends Jonathan for what she thinks is a lack of brains in him.. even if he is a top level scientist!

gqoRL6G.jpg

Nice move, mom...

Ik2oiBF.jpg

Kathrine has finished her drink and is now feeling a little buzzed, so she runs out to play with the sprinkler...

F7UFirg.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~

OAwjF2m.jpg

Ingrid is finished with her shift at the town hall, and goes to visit her grandparents house as well. I want to see how this family interacts.. Morten attends the boy scouts as his after school activity.

KRoX1tc.jpg

Asgeir hears the doorbell once more, but is still occupied with watching tv. Really, can't you pull your eyes away from that thing? Your son, daughter in law and grand-daughter is visiting! But I guess you were never much of a family man.. huh?

73XUVCe.jpg

Kathrine takes the opportunity to brag to Lucie about her arcade gaming skills. Mother-in-law is impressed. Jonathan yawns, because he's heard this a thousand times before. ;)

D0VaqK1.jpg

Ingrid the snob finds her way into her grandmothers apartment to check her own appearance in the mirror. The house to the left is the home of Egil and Frida Kråkesen, Kathrines parents, and Ingrids other set of grandparents. We might visit them later.

H8ygCMc.jpg

Ingrid is just like her grandfather Egil, and her aunt Helene. Obsessed with their own appearance and mirrors. ;)

iqqYNyB.jpg

Jonathan and Kathrine is being playful with each other. Mom/Grandma/Mother-in-law Lucie approves.

uAqxDBh.jpg

Lucie is retired from her job as a well reknown surgeon, so when Kathrine starts talking about her job at the hospital, she pays attention with keen interest. Lucie and Kathrine has one thing in common there.

xXmfaSR.jpg

Ingrid has gone to watch the news channel in her grandmas living space. The plaque on the wall is Lucies diploma from the high school in her hometown of Pamtere. Hopefully a town I will get to introduce later. Both Asgeir and Lucie grew up there, before they moved to Sunset Valley.

UT7fCFX.jpg

Kathrine goes for another drink. I'm not sure if I like this...

Xxw8spr.jpg

Lucie goes back to her apartment section. Asgeir and Lucies relationship isn't bad nowadays, but communication between them appears to be at a bare minimum... They prefer to keep to themselves most of the time.. The missing dining table is really visible on this picture (because I kow it was there. :P). I went back to an earlier save, and found it there, so I will put something back here, next time I play...

pXBYGuA.jpg

But I think its good that grandma and grand-daughter get a chance to hangout. The deathfish on the wall is Lucies proudest catch. She had lots and lots more fish in her inventory, but they have been sold to reduce the size of the save file... she sold them because they took up to much space in the freezer...

kJ4CcvR.jpg

Lucie wants to play video games again, maybe that is her favorite past time nowadays. To old for fishing like you used to?

15EfHlm.jpg

Ingrid thinks that Asgeir and Lucie have a very big nice house, but is a bit curious about why Lucie has her own apartment in the same house like she does. She has understood that there has been something going on inbetween her grandparents, but Jonathan has been a bit silent about this part. Even if he has seemed largely unaffected, of course, it was still painful to have his parents fight and divorce like they did...

wIioWHR.jpg

Lucie pretends not to hear her grand-daughter circling in on the topic of their home situation, so Ingrid instead switches to talk about her job. She really wants to advance and reach the top level of the political career... and perhaps granny has some wise words to share..
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Screenshot-96.jpg
    Leota: You know what I want....
    Edward: I am not marrying you so you can get the house, Leota
    Leota: You know if I really wanted to, I could find that young lady.
    Perhaps I should summon my friends.

Screenshot-97.jpg
    Edward: You will not harm her, Leota.
    Leota: I'm being giving no choice, Edward...Maybe
    then you'll see it my way.

Screenshot-98.jpg
    Edward: Fine, I'll do it...but you will not threaten her anymore.
    Leota: I will have no need to do that....I don't trust you though,
    can't have you finding a way to warn her...I know..

Screenshot-99.jpg

Screenshot-101.jpg
    Leota: That should hold you for the time being.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    @Nikkei_Simmer all my good thoughts for your mother-in-law. Keep strong: for you, for her and the rest of the family.
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,119 Member
    @Nikkei_Simmer Aww...Your post makes my heart ache for you and your dear wife and her mother. :cry: I'm so sorry this is happening...
    Dementia/Alzheimer's is something I pray they find a cure for soon.

You've always been so swift to send prayers my way during hard times, and even if you didn't, I will for sure say a prayer on your family's behalf anyway. <3

{{{{Hugs}}}}
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
    edited October 2021
    Langerak Family, Day 158

***Thanks to all of you who voted on my poll. This update includes the results of that poll.

6toPRJy.jpg
    This morning, Melanie got up and played her guitar in the kitchen. She had a wish to reach level 10 in the guitar skill, and was close to getting it. I let her play so that she could accomplish this.

sAuv0PM.jpg
    It hadn't quite made it to 6 AM yet, but 5 AM is when plants change, whether they just need weeded, or harvested. Since it was early enough, I had Daisy work on her gardening skill.

LUjhtHf.jpg
    Ariana spent some of the morning hours chatting with Dwight about life in general, as well as yeti's, for some reason.

GGZLq1g.jpg
    When Ariana headed off to work, Dwight asked Melanie if she wanted to practice sparring. Of course she said yes, even though Dwight beat her yet again.

uEYBFZ4.jpg
    JhyuTie.jpg
    But then it came time to incorporate the poll into the save, so I had Dwight buy the Young Again elixir. He seems pretty happy to be young again, to be honest.

A7CRNPM.jpg
    After a makeover, I sent him off to finish an opportunity he had. Now he'll get to reach the top of his career while still young and can enjoy capturing some of the worst criminals.

Rqs4oks.jpg
    Melanie was a tad bit jealous of her husbands youth, so she went to the elixir store to see if they had any Young Again elixirs. They didn't, so she gave up on it. She decided if she couldn't find one, then she would just try to live her best life with Dwight until the end of her life.

FaIB96k.jpg
    When Dwight finished with his opportunity, he decided to head over to the park when he saw his son Evan, and daughter-in-law, Rain. Jamil Sekemoto was also there, and he was admiring Rain's pretty wings.

2Xxlmcs.jpg
    Both of them were a little taken aback to see Dwight young again, but once he explained the situation, Evan gave him a hug and told him he loved him.

gNMJZbZ.jpg
    Meanwhile, Melanie went to visit Abigail, but she was not home. Instead, she chatted to Andrea about how Dwight used some LTP to regain his youth and how she was feeling a bit bitter that he didn't talk to her about it first. Andrea was sympathetic, but he probably was wondering why Melanie didn't just buy one for herself.

WMJ8EV9.jpg
    Dwight was getting hungry so he challenged his son to a pie eating contest. He did so well that he beat Evan, and gained a weeks worth of pie that the family could enjoy.

5uLDUmZ.jpg
    The rest of the family went separately to the Bistro, in hopes that they popup saying someone had a birthday and asks if they will sing along so the boss gives them a raise. Sadly, no one got this so no raises for anyone. However, two of them got the popup that gives cake.

kqDMVWw.jpg
    Dwight and Daisy were working out when he got a phone call about something or rather. Daisy continued to work out while Grandpa was on the phone.

KuwCouV.jpg
    Daisy had some homework to work on, so she reluctantly did so in her parents bedroom. They are the only ones with a desk, otherwise she uses the dining room table.

5hqlA0j.jpg
    I almost forgot to send her to her prom, so she missed the first couple of hours. She didn't have a date since there aren't any good male teens right now. However, she did get voted prom queen, mostly because she begged to be given the title, as a popup told me.

wiDdYbN.jpg
    And lastly, Christian Jones ghost came back to visit, yet no one was around at time. Maybe when summer comes back around, the family can camp out there and visit with the dearly departed family members.
    Post edited by Brandontaylor on
    @meerkattime Yeah, I was surprised that so many people wanted Dwight to use the young again potion, but since you and everyone else chose that, I went with it. :smile: Thanks for voting! Now I what he can accomplish with an extended lifespan. He already lived a while longer than most Sims, since he had the werewolf lifespan until he turned elder.
    Yeah, I'd make sure just so you don't have my issue, lol
    I should try island living sometime, just haven't yet.
    Thanks, they did get a lot done. Melanie is about to reach level 2 visa in France.
    I've tried the houseboats a few times, fun times.

@Karritz You're welcome, and I did enjoy it. :smile:

@Sprottenham I bet she can't wait to move and start her own life.
    Yeah, it's better than being a homeless Sim.
    Great update!

@GraceyManor Leota would find Sally, just to cause issues for Edward.
    Uh oh, things are getting serious now.
    Great update!
  • DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
    So I remade the majority of Strangetown in Lucky Palms, and am currently making variants of the families to match their PSP counterparts (set several years in the future)

9KaxWyw.png
    Ripp Grunt came over after school, and by pure coincedence, went to mourn the empty grave that normally has his mother in it (Her grave is actually at home, as I'll package the lot with the family tree intact.)

SPs9Wdj.png
    I guess this is why we find Ophelia living in the old Meetinghouse in Deadtree.
    Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.
  • SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,143 Member
    edited October 2021
    @Brandontaylor Thanks for the comment. Oh, haha, her parents would never let her be homeless. Both them and her grandparents are pretty wealthy, much wealthier than I would like them to be.. ;) So, they would never have that happening. They will be buying her this home as soon as it finishes, but they don't want to spoil her to much, so she's not getting a big mansion, though they could probably afford one...

Chapter 14.1 - Sunset Valley, March 2022: Jonathan and Sofies parents, part II.

NgmGYP2.jpg

Ingrid eventually gets bored of her grandmas video game playing, and goes to play chess with her grandfather instead.

vysrWKh.jpg

Then Asgeir notices he has a lot in common with Kathrine and wants to get to know her better.. romantically speaking. No, come on man... so your own marriage failed miserably, but leave your sons marriage alone!

tU2ukYO.jpg

As Asgeir is busy talking with Katrhine, Ingrids action turns into solo chess practice.

iKHapl3.jpg

Asgeir wants to know if Kathrine is as good at cleaning around the house as his ex-wife. Kathrine is not to happy about this question.. "Why on earth would he want to know that?"

1WIt2O5.jpg

N480jBW.jpg

Then she, oddly enough, decides to flirt with him. That is not well received, because Asgeir being a more straight forward and pragmatic person has never really been into such...

zdHyTss.jpg

Morten is now finished with his after school activity, but has no interest in visiting his grandparents.
    He was about to go there by my direction, but he turned on his bike and went home instead. "I'm going to invite Kristina for a visit" he tells me. Kristina is the little sister of Inge (Oliver Freddys girlfriend, both currently at university). Morten gets some happiness points when she promises to be over in a few minutes.

yoVmKVa.jpg

MCPS2dk.jpg

At the same time it starts to rain, so everyone at the Karlsen mansion goes inside.

6J6ruI5.jpg

Ingrid wants to take a picture with her dad, to memorize the event of visiting her grandparents home. She chooses to take the picture in the kids section where Jonathan and Sofie used to play when they where children.
    And thats when I notice that there used to be a painting on that wall... Asgeir is a painter as well as a writer, and has painted a lot of paintings. I look around the house, and see that all the paintings are actually gone.. (I did find them in an old backed up file, so they will be restored some time later.)

And Ingrid suffers a routing error, and gets transported right back home, but that didn't really happen, so I send her back...

bqpzVBe.jpg

In the meantime, I look up Ranveig, Oliver Freddys mother, to check up on her and see how she is doing. I locate her at the bowling alley in a group of other people, where she just ordered a surprise stew. How are you doing?

N1iFXIN.jpg

Ranveig: Oh, I'm doing.. alright.. but I had this strange dream tonight.. I woke up at home, and thought everything was as usual, except the house was very empty, not even Robert Bråge was there..
    7xqLISL.jpg

LHmq85F.jpg

Ranveig: And when I walked out the door, I was.. I don't know where I was, but everything looked different..

QWEin0V.jpg
    6X1fPz3.jpg

Ranveig: I turned back and.. my home was no longer my home, but some other building.. and.. I don't know, I was in a completely different place..

MSIttl7.jpg
    sRWuuTy.jpg

Ranveig: Some semi-desert looking town with only brick buildings and surrounded by this wall.. It felt claustrophobic.. like some indescribable darkness loomed over this place...and it was all empty..

0uaBifM.jpg
    bGtgzgE.jpg

Ranveig: I walked around feeling lost and looking for people, but there was nobody there..

S4c9CDv.jpg

Ranveig: And it didn't feel like a dream either, it felt so real, I thought it was actually happening..

ETz98ac.jpg
    cBKeEus.jpg

Ranveig:I walked around in that strange town for what seemed like hours, until I somehow passed out.. and when I woke up.. again.. I was in my own bed, and it wasn't until then that I realized I had only been dreaming..

YyKuDvk.jpg
    0HdSHx8.jpg

Ranveig: I have always had these weird dreams ever since I was little, I don't know.. but most of them don't feel like this... It was.. I don't know.. kind of eerie...

LD8T1jp.jpg

Ranveig: But other than that I'm doing.. I'm doing fine.. thanks for asking..

OuxlkZW.jpg

Back at the Karlsens residence, Ingrid had just returned in the doorway and the sometimes grumpy old Asgeir was now suddenly mad at his son for not visiting more often...

fuRUr6s.jpg

Jonathan apologizes before asking his father how his days has been...

sOokBvf.jpg

Asgeir: Oh, its good, the usual, you know..

Jonathan knew his father well, and was familiar with his grumpy mood, so that he could sometimes be a little.. argumentative was something he was accustomed too..

udI787v.jpg

Katrhine calls her daughter outside to have their picture taken. She wants a memory of this visit as well.

X4BzAAS.jpg

And then they do the same thing again, this time with Ranveigs parents (Ingmar and Eirin Motorsen) house as a backdrop.. Yup, all the original elders lives on the same street. ;)

swla34x.jpg

Lucie finally shows her face downstairs, and to my surprise, she actually flirts with Asgeir. So there is some romance left between them after all! And Asgeir, the usually unflirty one, even flirts back! Would you look at that!

d5KnGS8.jpg

Of course, it was only a brief flirt, it didn't last very long, but I am very pleased nonetheless!

gCvQNHv.jpg

Lucie goes into the library, to interrupt Jonathans chess practice. She has something on her chest that she wants to deliver. She doesn't dive right in, but circles around the topic somewhat, and comes with a half-hearted apology for how things happened between her and Asgeir back then.. Jonathan is overbearing, and accepts. He has always had a close relationship with his mom, and has a lot of good memories from everytime she would take him fishing when he was a child and a teenager. Though his father wasn't the easiest of people to share a roof with due to his grumpiness, Jonathan will never fully understand why she would cheat on him though, but he never really held any grudges about it...

tt88HAd.jpg

Then I get a notification from the game that Sofie, Jonathans younger sister, has improved her skills in drum playing to level two. I check her location and find her practicing in the basement at the Blitzkrieg house (the towns rebel hangout).

ejiE75t.jpg

And Kathrine wants to have her picture taken with Asgeir, her father-in-law. Its important to saviour these family moments when you can, even if your family isn't perfect. Well, whose family is perfect anyway? ;)

yJZMNFT.jpg

And now they are all (except for Ingrid upstairs checking her reflection in the mirror..) gathered in the library This room was also where Jonathan and Kathrine had their first kiss, when they were dating as teenagers... Asgeir was being grumpy again. Jonathan was offended, but Lucie just laughed it off this time..

9AZf0ZV.jpg

Lucie tries to reconciliate the relationship... They are "just friends", but there are a few romantic interactions between them, still.. after all these years and with everything that has happened between them...

QiTBBpV.jpg

Asgeir doesn't reject and happily smells the flowers.

9OAohIz.jpg

Jonathan wants another one for the photo album. "Smile dad, you grumpy old fart!"

lxqT7BY.jpg

Lucie is an over emotinal person, and has to shed a few tears of happiness over her sons visit. (The pictures on table behind Asgeir is Ingrid when she was a toddler).

cH542h2.jpg

Asgeir brags to Kathrine about his grandchildren, apparently proud to have snobs in the family...

0yLyAOW.jpg

And speaking of snobs, Ingrid is finally finished admiring her appearance in the mirror and meets up with the rest of the family. Her mom wants to take another picture, but the flash hits them both right in the eyes. ;)

kxzzp4t.jpg

Asgeir brags to Kathrine about his grandchild Walter. Walter is Sofies son.

1WUzGPl.jpg

The rest of the night its just lots more bragging about grandchildren and picture taking, with mixed results...

nIfPNge.jpg

Kathrine has become especially occupied with the picture taking...

JC5OW1F.jpg

dXTn89M.jpg

y0vPsmU.jpg

Everyone is starting to get tired, but Kathrine and Lucie still find time to walk over into Lucies apartment for a friendly pillow fight.

AgDk0z9.jpg

XE9CzIJ.jpg

Febagb9.jpg

alcFBxn.jpg

Kathrine: Ingrid, just one more picture in this bathroom upstairs...

ew4lurz.jpg

Ingrid: Ow, the flash mom.. the flash!

n6MnjWS.jpg

Jonathan is feeling the lack of energy now, and he has work tomorrow, so it is time for him to go home...

aXGtbyk.jpg

Kathrine is reading a book, "Illusions" in Jonathans old bedroom. "I will go home after finishing this book", she says, "Its getting late for me too"

C0Ig6oC.jpg

Lucie is also getting very tired and goes to sleep in her.. umm, goes all the way up to sleep in the guest room. Not her own bed, but umm.. as long as she is getting a good nights sleep, of course, she can sleep whereever she wants...

MwLwwrt.jpg

bKpnc6W.jpg

FEIYtct.jpg

Asgeir is still up, drinking coffee, but maybe its bedtime for him soon as well...

w0wQGPq.jpg

He used to spend his nights up writing in his younger days, just like this... Maybe he could be a good mentor for Inge, Oliver Freddys girlfriend, because she aspires to be just like that.. an illustrious writer pulling all nighters, just like Asgeir.. because somehow they think that will fuel their creativity..

a90TV6l.jpg

Morten has since long gone to sleep in his treehouse...

dkx7MV9.jpg

Kathrine finished reading the book, time to find Ingrid and go back home to get some sleep...

Ceo0GKQ.jpg

Kathrine: Come along, Ingrid, we're going back home!

UkKoRyH.jpg

"Bye grandpa!" Ingrid says on the way out.

UrhKHa1.jpg

And that ends this visit and seals this update... nighty night. ;)
    Post edited by Sprottenham on
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
    @meerkattime I hope you enjoy the roller coaster. I never have a problem placing it on the lot so hopefully it just goes onto it easily for you.

I think I forgot to put lights in the room with the showtime stage in it. I added them to the version I play with. It should produce a proprietor for you automatically but they are often found wandering around in other parts of the lot.
  • DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
    edited October 2021
    1yHcsN7.png
    This just makes me want to fire up my custom Strangertown hood in Sims 2 (PC and PSP Strangetown content merged together) and send Johnny and Ophelia to college...

9dOFI0u.png
    Its so neat seeing this lot very active and with functional carparks
    Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    I had a little sim challenge for myself, I created six different kinds of sims, but the typical
    high school movies characteristics it was fun.

qTwNh8d.jpg

Billy - the nerd/videogame lover

h6iezwo.jpg

Nick- the Rocker guy

5jePTo0.jpg

Erica - The art lover

P0Bdz23.jpg

Oliver - The popular guy

vZo96To.jpg

Gina - The girl next door type

qdqrP26.jpg

Misti - The sporty girl

It was fun!

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Update on my Adam and Eve Challenge:

Cassandra and Armando finally got married. I've gave Armando a makeover using some of the new cc i've added recently to my game (hair and clothes). I've also played a bit with the cas sliders.
    SdEbCtv.jpg

They had 2 boys. It was more than time. Cassandra is already an adult and i need a heir to continue the story :tongue: Délcio and Duarte, one of them will be the next heir. Like usual, as soon as the first one gets a LTW i'll roll the Random legacy Succession Laws to decide who will be the one. In the pic is Cassandra with the youngest, Duarte.
    3E4jTp7.jpg

Armando is family-oriented, so he's always wishing to spend time with his two baby boys.
    lGdhpH8.jpg

Armando's LTW is to be an Ark Builder, so for the moment he spends his remaining time catching small pets and taking care of them. He now has 2 lizards, 2 rodents, a turtle, 2 birds and a cat. His community goal will be to build a Pet Store for the town, by completing his LTW.aNxw64I.jpg

I'm being a bit lazy. The encaged animals are everywhere in the house. I'll build a separate place for them tomorrow. I'm still in doubt if it should be a basement or some kind of animal house dettached from the main house...
    xXUT0I1.jpg

Meanwhile Amelia kept getting older, but always taking care of her horses.
    fC56uMR.jpg
    sT4uAFL.jpg

Now that Baltazar took the Young Again potion, he's all into meeting new people. He had an affair and Amelia found out. She decided to divorce him, left the house and took her daughter Cristina and her horses with her.
    W5vA0jw.jpg
    g4MYu30.jpg

No new building was added to the town in this playsession.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top