Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 816 Member
    edited August 2020
    I haven't been playing recently as I realised I still have some unfinished projects I hope to complete soon (Most of these I started in March), plus I'm not sure when my laptop next updates, so I'm taking a little Sim break.
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Just woke up from a nap and had a dream...short dream that I wanna turn into a story with my sims 🤣
    edited August 2020
    Sims 4 is completely taking over google.Everytime I try to find stuff for sims 3 I get 4 thrown in my face...
    Edit: Thought I found the perfect world 'Eden- 1800s world" but the link is no longer valid.:(
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    edited August 2020
    Just woke up from a nap and had a dream...short dream that I wanna turn into a story with my sims 🤣

@GraceyManor Lol! Well I look forward to that story with great anticipation. :joy: There can be some crazy (& crazy interesting) dreams out there! :p
    And yes, Sims 4 cc really is taking over the Sims 3 cc and it's sad. :(

*Hey everyone. L&As handed out. I've been real busy these past couple of days taking care of things since we returned from Yellowstone. #momlife
    Now I'm vegging and plan to keep it that way this weekend. (Until I gotta mow the lawn...*sigh* )
    Hope you all are doing well and keep the simming posts coming! :smiley: They really brighten my day.
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    edited August 2020
    Unfortunately, I have to type into Google Search: (subject) "Sims 3", -4 to get Google to filter out all the Sims 4 hits...and even then I still get some in the search...because some ~it would be too family-unfriendly to say here~ keeps putting Sims 3 in the SEO (Search Engine Optimization).

I feel like saying: "Look, pal, if I wanted to find Sims 4 stuff, I'd specify it...QUIT putting Sims 3 in your SEO when you're posting up a Sims 4 piece of CC!!!"
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    Langerak Family Update

3b7RKMg.jpg
    Ariana was the first one up on Thursday so she got her pick of leftovers. Cori and Quinton both were still sleeping.

wctNSRG.jpg
    Ariana then collected all of the current laundry on the lot and put it in the washer.

PMxOZtV.jpg
    O3GOhFO.jpg
    The girls had their classes much earlier than Quinton, Cori's being an outdoors class and Ariana's being a lecture. These are their final classes for this term and they will all be heading home a bit later in the update.

F2tuBrK.jpg
    Quinton used the quiet time to focus on his music. He likes playing for other people but inspiration hits when he is alone.

Smg3doa.jpg
    Soon enough, his class started. His class was also outdoors and they were told to sketch something that was nearby.

DAGU4xI.jpg
    Ariana was the only one home at this time so she spent her alone time exercising for an opportunity. She didn't finish it yet but is halfway there.

oMNMdyH.jpg
    After working on the group science project for several hours, Cori learned there was a Lever of Doom. She didn't know what it would do but when she activated it, it made her befuddled for 6 hours straight.

t1dPySv.jpg
    GWQdQGP.jpg
    When Cori got home, she and Ariana studied together. Afterwards, they also ate supper together. Quinton had just gotten to the fridge when Ariana's speech bubble hid him but he's back there.

H3NeTVG.jpg
    Then Ariana practiced her writing skill. Since she won't be a writer, I just had her do the option where they don't write a book, they just practice their skill.

***Part two coming up after feedback. I took a lot of screenshots so had to break it up.
    I'm simply trying to find a colonial or victorian mansion.
    As apparently my brain thinks I belong in the 1800s as that's
    what I was dreaming about.But I can't find a decent roadless world.
    And all the lots popping up are sims 4!! :#
    Page 3970, continued

@Karritz Sounds like a lot was happening! I'm getting behind on watching videos but I'm going to try and watch one or two over the weekend.
    Nice to see Barbara as a real Sim.

@MoonandStars83 I think she will next time I play. I wish they had a progress bar to let us know how much longer they got for the influences.
    Awesome wedding pic!

@CravenLestat Of course she did, he's Batman and you are not. :lol: Or maybe she's into sparkly vampires, or maybe Hogwarts students killed by Voldemort. Hope you got the references, I know some people may not.
    Great job on the Sim!

@Lashin Avar looks good in her werewolf form.
    The house really looks good.
    Glad Avar and Kit are progressing in their relationship.
    Hope they both get their LTW's complete.
    Great updates!

@Silverofdreams30 Me too. I hardly ever play by any rules, except in my current challenge.
    Thank you. Just one more trip to get the degrees but then the Langerak save is not going back to university, at least not while the family is in Sunset Valley. Got about 80 more Sim days before the family moves to Riverview for a change of scenery.

@Shadow_Assassin Great update!

Page 3971

@GraceyManor Hope your new story goes well!
    Unfortunately it has. I hate when I think I found something good then see it's for Sims 4 instead.

@emorrill Hi!

***Part two of the Langerak update coming up. Having a good day so far, other than finding out a distant relative's husband passed away. I didn't know him too well but his wife is my grandma's cousin. He was in bad health so we knew it was coming but he just had a new grandbaby a couple months ago.

Not playing tonight but will return to my Ava save Saturday, if possible.
  • MamaSimTeeMamaSimTee Posts: 963 Member
    I'm simply trying to find a colonial or victorian mansion.
    As apparently my brain thinks I belong in the 1800s as that's
    what I was dreaming about.But I can't find a decent roadless world.
    And all the lots popping up are sims 4!! :#

How frustrating! I hope you find a world. I love the thought of a Victorian story. For a very long time, I worked "in the 19th century" at the museum I used to work at. :smile:
    <insert inspiring comment here> :)
    edited August 2020
    Langerak Update continued

gp0hb81.jpg
    Friday morning, Quinton burned the pancakes. Ariana and Cori ended up eating them anyway, even though I should have thrown them out.

ZitcXuf.jpg
    Cori broke her shower so I had Quinton fix it as he is a handy Sim. He also mopped up the floor, even though she should have done that.

9bIf5CE.jpg
    Speaking of, Cori streaked through the hallway a bit. Luckily Quinton didn't see it.

4LHLaZt.jpg
    Then she and Quinton had a trivia contest. Both of them have nerd influence so both did a good job.

s6qmCEf.jpg
    UU5ec9u.jpg
    Then it was time for final exams. The three students ran off in their different directions and took their three tests. First pic is Ariana after first class while the second is Quinton after the second class.

sV4dHoC.jpg
    Once classes were finished, I sent them all home as they were starving. Ariana was very close to having an unvoluntary transformation but made it just in time.

Rest of the update is here. Didn't want to break it down even further into three parts.
    0G0UbGH.jpg
    Saturday morning, the three went to breakfast together. I didn't want leftovers in the fridge as they are leaving soon.

uEOMk8t.jpg
    VwDunfR.jpg
    Afterwards, I sent them over to the coffee shop to play some pool. They were too early for the bowling alley so they spent a few hours here.

xJgT4Kk.jpg
    They went to the bowling alley once it opened, Cori and Ariana on a shared lane while Quinton bowled alone.

Cori, Quinton, and Ariana then ate their last meal together before heading back to Sunset Valley.

ly0qHwc.jpg
    House wouldn't fully load, even after a few minutes but they made it home safely. Now I'll spend the remaining hours of that day in Sunset Valley before sending them to complete their degrees.
    edited August 2020
    For example searching for victorian era clothing

KciE34DCXzsJ99rrdUsA1diyydVvEyq5HLZXTnPet5F_atCPfMy097mBlnLYBlrkFYizoO41XvfSvqgUVykjVB8p0FslZYaPCrAyVnesIfTZLfCUdvaZ900TKQ
    This pops up but its for sims 4...
    @GraceyManor That's a cool piece of CC. It'd be nice if someone could convert it to Sims 3 but probably won't happen, unfortunately.
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited August 2020
    @Brandontaylor I find the pic of her with the skeleton way to amusing.The thought bubble of drugs plus her confused expression is really fitting.Either she took some and was far gone talking to a skeletal display thinking it was a person,or it was a sim and she was so H__h and trippin it looked like a skeleton to her.

PS: Put some clothes on Cori :#

What do you mean "Luckily Quinton didn't see it" he was the very guy asking to sketch her newd the moment they met.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
    @Brandontaylor
    I've seen people convert before, I'm sure it can be done.
    I just don't know anyone personally.

Anyways, wasn't able to find a different home to use, so will fall back
    to a mansion I always use.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,920 Member
    @GraceyManor there are a lot of conversions from 4 to 3 on the Around the Sims 3 site.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    edited August 2020
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    edited August 2020
    @Nikkei_Simmer i used your search as well and saw those.Already had the clothing and the world has roads and is a bit too dark for what I was going for so I skipped it in my search and the house I skipped as it didn’t have the look I was looking for(colonial mansion formal home with like a lot of decor and clutter) but appreciate though.

Going for a story that takes place in the 1800s so was looking for roadless world and a home without modern things 🤪
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    I just made her

nwcSe9z.gif

6z8ZiAC.png

Soooo Cute 😍

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
    edited August 2020
    Its too late to start my story tonight but here's a quick screenshots of some characters.
    Screenshot-66.jpg
    George and his son William in front of their estate - 1845

Screenshot-67.jpg
    Then Claire(antagonist) and her daughter Cosette(protagonist)

Screenshot-68.jpg
    And then I fell back to the good ole Gracey Manor.Since its such a pretty home.
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    edited August 2020
    @bekkasan

I thought I saw an update and I was correct!
    This thread moves so quickly again now.
    I loved it, the festival area is so cute and the toddlers as always too.
    they seemed to have fun.
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    edited August 2020
    @Nikkei_Simmer

thanks for that search tip I saw up above, I have now used it for stuff
    I look for and it works wonders.
  • BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    @GraceyManor ...
    Looks like your story is going to be fun ...
    And Gracey Manor does look like an awesome build.

@CravenLestat ...
    Oh my goodness, cute Sim ... <3
    And you actually found an appropriate place to use those gloves.

Craven might be onto something with Cori @Brandontaylor ...
    First she breaks the shower, then runs through the house naked, and is thinking about drugs.
    But then again ... That's pretty much college in a nutshell ... B)

@MamaSimTee ...
    It must be kind of neat working in a museum sometimes.
    I am a bit of of a history buff, and visit old Antebellum Estates often now.
    The shear majesty of some of them, the rich and sometime dark history surrounding them is interesting.

Seeing that most houses of any size, that were standing around here in the mid-1800's, were at one point a Civil War hospital ...
    They are all spooky in a weird way, and I would swear some are haunted ... :#

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Getting ready for some new playing sessions: :smile:

A household has been formed with Laurence, Taz, Natasha, Lola, Abi, Becki and two new Sims. Gus and Grant.

BDRgpUh.jpg

The house

9XXi3mC.jpg

Grant on the left and Gus on the right

kMNf0eE.jpg

Abi and Becki are close and Natasha is jealous

UiLpcph.jpg

As she has fallen out with Lola she is looking for a new best friend so decides to take someone else's

dPUFpYI.jpg

She plans to push Abi aside to be friends with Becki

645vxY0.jpg

NW6KuzS.jpg
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@Turjan Thanks for explaining about the vases. I've noticed with moving my saves around in the new computer a few things got switched as I didn't have all the cc anymore. It is funny coming across something and knowing I would not have added it to my sims house!
    I did not pick Mortimer for that artbreeder picture. :open_mouth:
    Yes, evict the IF's! :smirk: Okie, so some of them are cute in your game, but so troublesome.
    Awesome shots of the meteor and the fireball explosion. :smiley:
    So glad that no one died!

@GraceyManor uh oh, Trevor has arrived. Looks like trouble and Michael has enough going on trying to deal with his kids, Francine, and the ex.
    I don't blame Francine for whacking him on the head. Would take more of an apology to get back in good graces. lol
    So, a new story idea means you are done with Michael and Francine?
    Musta been an interesting dream. I dreamed about @zhakira's Angus sim.
    Good luck finding the stuff you need. Do you have the store stuff? It would work nicely and you can recolor it to look different.
    I know there are a few roadless worlds but they are more for medieval stories and not victorian.
    Gracey Manor works well for that era too. Look forward to the story.

@PalmArrow I love that picture of Marcel dancing
    Your artbreeder pictures looks terrific.

@Puddinroy hey!

@Brandontaylor Thanks so much for the comments on my pictures I've posted!
    I liked your artbreeder pictures. I have just not had time to try it. Time is limited, I'd rather play a bit. :wink:
    Lauren looks great in her version.
    Brittany is very brave posing nude for her fellow classmates.
    She makes a cute werewolf!
    Thanks for the comments on my update! :smiley:
    Quinton looks adorable playing guitar in his jammies.
    Cori looks like she is enjoying her streaking around the house.
    I bet you are ready for them to graduate!

@Silverofdreams30 Your moonlight falls morning shot is awesome. It would look fantastic turned into a painting or art shot for in-game use.
    Dante looks so handsome!
    Violet is gorgeous.
    Bummer about losing the wifi and glad you finally got it back.
    Dani is gorgeous! I hope you have fun with her. Look forward to seeing who you pick as her boyfriend.
    Thanks! Appreciate the comments. :smiley:

@Nikkei_Simmer What world is that destroyed one?
    I like how Kimber turned out. She's one of my favorites of yours.

@Duvelina I like your artbreeder pics. Don seems much more likable in his new picture. :wink:

@MoonandStars83 Thanks so much for the comments on my update. It was fun day for them.
    Terrific pics.

@Karritz um, my answer...dont do it. :sunglasses: I'm sure you will though. :wink:

@BlackSand Thanks for commenting. Yes, it does seem like fairies would have an advantage but it is fun watching them learn and fall.
    The tube elevators are fun for a giggle as long as no bones are broken.

@Lashin Nice pics of your build. It is really coming along.
    Congrats on the new baby in the family! Love plant sims!

@lisasc360 Congrats on your anniversary.

@CravenLestat I like your new sim! She is a cute one. What's her name...you didn't give her a name? She looks Italian...how about Gianella! :smiley:

Ghost vs alien. Ghost 1. Alien 0. Do you think it was her ghostly form or her jammies that scared him?
    50122554122_439b282bfb_b.jpg
    @bekkasan no I’m not done with Francine and Michael.I still have to find the right world and would prefer to use a different version of the home.Sk it will be a while.Juat wanted to get
    The sims created

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top