Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why do fruit trees die?

I understand plants dying after so long, but fruit trees? Trees last decades. I don't want my trees dying ingame. Anyone got a mod to prevent the fruit trees from dying? I know if this is left here for EA to look into it it'll never happen and be forgotten and lost hundreds of pages deep.

Comments

• Sophia666Sophia666 Posts: 427 Member
    Well, first off, EA are done with TS3. There will be no more patches, changes or fixes. Things die. That's how they planned it and that's how they've left it.

As for mods, there's bound to be some. I haven't heard of any but I'll keep my eye out. :)
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited January 2015
    There are two kinds of "death" for plants and trees in TS3, though they both look the same until you check their status closely. A tree will actually "die" if it is neglected long enough -- that is, not watered and weeded. But after a number of cycles and with some exceptions, and depending on how well you have kept it fertilized, most will go permanently "barren" after producing so many cycles of fruit and need to be replanted.

I think you could use NRaas DebugEnabler to change the status of a tree from barren to something else, but although not entirely realistic it's really just part of the challenge of gardening. I usually keep replanting trees so that I have up to twice as many as I really wanted going at any given point and that way they won't usually all die at once.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net