Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mourning Glitch re: Cow Plant Death

I had my "spare" teen get eaten by the cowplant while the family slept and no one noticed, got sad etc. The family woke up and hung out with Grim.

The part that is really annoying me is that every time the teen's sister-in-law cooks ANYTHING she stops her action to go mourn. Leaves cutting board on counter... goes to mourn... I cancel it and the food makes it as far as a pan on the stove and she cancels her action to go mourn... almost burning down the kitchen. It is not just ONCE in the cooking cycle... sometimes twice that I have to be ON her queue and cancel it as soon as it pops up. She is the only one who seems to realize the girl is dead...and she never even met her.

Happens every single time she cooks.... and she cooks all the time because of her aspiration and job... so... getting a bit tedious babysitting her.

Comments

• chensaytaylorchensaytaylor Posts: 700 Member
    Yeah I know I can put the gravestone in someone's inventory but I like having the ghost come hang out... just wish the mourning while cooking thing would stop.
  • InnuendoPlumbobInnuendoPlumbob Posts: 140 Member
    Kill her too.
  • MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    I had my "spare" teen get eaten by the cowplant while the family slept and no one noticed, got sad etc. The family woke up and hung out with Grim.

The part that is really annoying me is that every time the teen's sister-in-law cooks ANYTHING she stops her action to go mourn. Leaves cutting board on counter... goes to mourn... I cancel it and the food makes it as far as a pan on the stove and she cancels her action to go mourn... almost burning down the kitchen. It is not just ONCE in the cooking cycle... sometimes twice that I have to be ON her queue and cancel it as soon as it pops up. She is the only one who seems to realize the girl is dead...and she never even met her.

Happens every single time she cooks.... and she cooks all the time because of her aspiration and job... so... getting a bit tedious babysitting her.

Does she have the "good" trait? I have a Sim who does that daily, even for people who died before she moved in, people she never met. The only thing I can figure is because she's "good." A couple of the others went out there maybe once or twice after their loved one's death, but not this gal. Every day, multiple times, especially while cooking.
  • chensaytaylorchensaytaylor Posts: 700 Member
    Nope... no good trait. She is a genius, family oriented, foodie who has the Master Chef Aspiration. Her hubby is family oriented too and it was his sister who died... they do not even seem to remember her.. lol... just odd.