Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What, can't eat apples?

When u harvest apples and things also catch fish and then put them in the fridge, you can't do anything with them like eat the apples as a snack or cook the fish, why not???

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    A good question.
  • jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    You can't eat the items from your inventory, but some recipes can use the ingredients when you cook.
  • CrazycatldyCrazycatldy Posts: 4,588 Member
    In Sims 3 when I knew I'd be sending my sim's out to collect Gems around town or do anything else that would keep them away from food I always put a few Apples in their inventory for those times when they got really hungry. Needless to say I was disappointed when I tried to do that in Sims 4 and it didn't work. :\
  • JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    edited December 2014
    lol Who cooks an apple on a daily basis? #FlawedGame
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    Jimil wrote: »
    lol Who cooks an apple on a daily basis? #FlawedGame

I eat them far more often than I use them in recipes.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I think they just "forgot" to add that as many other things...
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • jenatrujenatru Posts: 42 Member
    edited December 2014
    It would be nice to be able to eat some of the fruits/veggies directly . If I don't think about it and just keep moving all my harvestables to the fridge, I end up with a million of them because I can't cook them fast enough, apparently.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Well when you pick an apple you don't just eat it do you? you wash it, dry then eat. now if you were making a poisoned apple then cooking it will come into play, because you have to marinate it in what ever curse you have in mind.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • JeanBaby4JeanBaby4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    There's alot of things in this game that does not make sense. This is one of those things. Aswell as no family tree and removal of some NPC's
  • SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    edited December 2014
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Well when you pick an apple you don't just eat it do you? you wash it, dry then eat. now if you were making a poisoned apple then cooking it will come into play, because you have to marinate it in what ever curse you have in mind.

You mentioned apple now I wish I had s3 up and running so I can have witches conjuring poison apples and leaving them all over town for starving sims to eat :trollface:
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member

Nah, I like to live dangerously. When I pick an apple off the apple trees I don't take it home it wash and dry it before I eat it. From the grocery store, sure, but not off a tree I know doesn't have pesticide. Guess I am weird.

I almost never cook apples or use them in recipes.

• jenatrujenatru Posts: 42 Member
    > @Jessa_Dakkar said:
    > MasonGamer wrote: »
    >
    > Well when you pick an apple you don't just eat it do you? you wash it, dry then eat. now if you were making a poisoned apple then cooking it will come into play, because you have to marinate it in what ever curse you have in mind.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Nah, I like to live dangerously. When I pick an apple off the apple trees I don't take it home it wash and dry it before I eat it. From the grocery store, sure, but not off a tree I know doesn't have pesticide. Guess I am weird.
    >
    > I almost never cook apples or use them in recipes.

My family used to grow carrots when I was younger, and while I did wash those off (because dirt), it was with the garden hose in the backyard, and if I did dry them, I probably just used my shirt. So, I wouldn't say you are weird.
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    ohhh, carrots straight out of the ground are to die for! Nothing like what is passed off in grocery stores as carrots which sit a year in some warehouse in Canada or something.
  • CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    ...sending my sim's out to collect Gems...Apples in their inventory :\

And my sims off at university would have apples in their backpacks to eat between classes.

• KittenkissKittenkiss Posts: 1,047 Member
    Yer, this was an odd exclusion. I love gardening, and like carrying apples when doing collecting expeditions....was really suprised there was no eat option.

• catwoman2005catwoman2005 Posts: 360 Member

Be good for the evil trait that would be.
  • steve7859steve7859 Posts: 3,824 Member
    edited December 2014
    I loved the apple in the sims 3 ha ha even tho they were pink when they should have been red!!! Mind you they were poisoned (evil cackle and pointy hat goes here) oh well lets hope they add that soon as i also miss it.
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member

And my sims off at university would have apples in their backpacks to eat between classes.

You're sims are way healthier than mine. LOL Their backpacks are stuffed with candy and pop (soda).
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• KittenkissKittenkiss Posts: 1,047 Member
    I just had a thought.

Sims should be able to peel and eat a banana. I need this.
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Because all apples are now poison and if they eat them, little dwarfs will kidnap your sim.
  • CrazycatldyCrazycatldy Posts: 4,588 Member

That's a good idea! :D

• makanivalurmakanivalur Posts: 284 Member
    I loved that feature in TS3. I even loved that if you made them eat the garlic (or they got so hungry that they just ate it autonomously) they'd have garlic breath. It's little things like that I miss so much!
  • Plumbobmad3Plumbobmad3 Posts: 153 Member
    edited December 2014
    > @AlbaWaterhouse said:
    > I think they just "forgot" to add that as many other things...

Your sim looks like they're about to be attacked with a fish
    :o
    "I really ought to do something! ... though I am already in my pyjamas."

spider.gif

• Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    With as limited as things are, I wan't shocked, just let down & made me enjoy harvesting/collecting, growing a lot less.
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    > @AlbaWaterhouse said:<br />
    > I think they just "forgot" to add that as many other things...<br />
    <br />
    Your sim looks like they're about to be attacked with a fish<br />
    :o

HAHAHA You have a great imagination :D
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.