Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ok, seriously?

Don't get me wrong, I really love that EA has given us back ghosts, and pools, but then there's this whole job thing...

Only 2 jobs? Can't there be more unseeable places I can send my Sim to?

I really hope that the jobs are amazing, because just 2 of them is kind of depressing. It's already bad enough that there aren't any "normal" jobs to say the least.

What are your thoughts?
keep on keepin' on

Comments

• sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    At this point I'm pretty out of hope to be honest. I *thought* everything they added would be extra special to make up for releasing an incomplete game. Not so much.
  • stylsimstylsim Posts: 222 Member
    I'm pretty sure they'll include more jobs, they've just only confirmed two.
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    I don't believe jobs are as simple now as they were in TS2. My sim never had a job in TS3 so I don't know if TS3 jobs were complex. I thought they were the same as TS2 jobs except that sims disappeared into rabbit holes... could totally be wrong though.

The two path careers adds a bit more complexity and hopefully enjoyment to the game. I don't like some of the tasks (musicians should not have to be funny to make music... I don't recall Kurt Cobain doing stand up), but I do like that careers can have two different fields and outcomes.

I think they are also--if former threads don't prove me wrong--improving the way careers are played. The (do X task for Y hours) was complained about a lot for being too linear and the gurus said that they were aware of that. So all of this might take more time than the way careers were made in the past. Wouldn't you prefer two solid NORMAL careers than 8 crappy ones? I want all the normal careers back, but I seriously hope they are fun to play. All 1st gen sims in my game play must have a Maxis careers, so the present state of TS4 is not okay for me. I am really excited about the upcoming careers patch and hope that there will be more. I am also excited about the possible career pack EP.

That said, part of me is still 🐸🐸🐸🐸 that they implemented weird (translation: dumb) careers in the base game instead of the classics. :rage:
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    My thoughts on the matter are to wait and see. We don't know what they have in mind, and right now, they're not saying much. Sometimes, it's better not to speculate.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • ShearsyShearsy Posts: 727 Member
    My thoughts on the matter are to wait and see. We don't know what they have in mind, and right now, they're not saying much. Sometimes, it's better not to speculate.

^^^this^^^

• PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    I just hope they change it so a sim can do both sides of a career path. I miss that. I don't want to choose between chef or bartender! I want to do both! ^_^
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • gnelso1239gnelso1239 Posts: 190 Member
    edited November 2014
    this game is one big excuse; an excuse for being sloppy and greedy for revenue. I don't care what the "gurus" say, at this point they're gurus of bugs more than anything else. And it seems they're cultivating quite the crowd of groupies. They make excuses for what's is lacking, desire for pixies and fairies with sparkling little wands and dresses in the game and are just as eager to fork over 50 bucks for a poorly developed expansion pack and game. Yes I am an owner of the game and these are my opinions.
  • Joey2eyeballJoey2eyeball Posts: 1,792 Member
    I don't believe jobs are as simple now as they were in TS2. My sim never had a job in TS3 so I don't know if TS3 jobs were complex. I thought they were the same as TS2 jobs except that sims disappeared into rabbit holes... could totally be wrong though.

I remember how careers in The Sims 3 were pretty good. They had branches and you needed to befriend co-workers and their boss. Then in The Sims 3: Ambitions, you could take control of their career and for example, you could be a firefighter and save houses from fires, rescue people, own a fire-truck, and even experience the horrible aftermath of an earthquake.
    My name is Joseph, please don't call me Joe or Joey.

Yours sincerely, Joseph :)
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member

I remember how careers in The Sims 3 were pretty good. They had branches and you needed to befriend co-workers and their boss. Then in The Sims 3: Ambitions, you could take control of their career and for example, you could be a firefighter and save houses from fires, rescue people, own a fire-truck, and even experience the horrible aftermath of an earthquake.

So TS4 is closer to TS3 careers?
  • hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited November 2014
    chider1234 wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong, I really love that EA has given us back ghosts, and pools, but then there's this whole job thing...

Only 2 jobs? Can't there be more unseeable places I can send my Sim to?

I really hope that the jobs are amazing, because just 2 of them is kind of depressing. It's already bad enough that there aren't any "normal" jobs to say the least.

What are your thoughts?

I'll wait and see what we get. I was happy with the pool patch though, so I think I'll like what they add next. :-)
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member

So TS4 is closer to TS3 careers?

Not really-in 3 you had options of how to reach the goals for your careers-you could choose any instrument, choose any logic tools etc. in 4 it's really narrow-you have to follow the set path they created.
  • MitheledhMitheledh Posts: 14 New Member
    > @nanashi-sims said:
    > So TS4 is closer to TS3 careers?

Not really. I never played Sims 2, so I can't comment on that. However, Sims 3 and 4 are different. I mean, in Sims 4, your advancement is determined by your attitude and whether or not you complete a set of one or two tasks in your free time. As far as I can tell, you can't advance at all until those tasks are finished. In Sims 3, rate of advancement was based on skill level (based on the job), how well you got along with your co-workers and boss, and performing tasks. Sims 4 doesn't even have bosses and co-workers.