March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you think about The Sims FreePlay?

Comments

• CishiatoCishiato Posts: 5 New Member
    P. S. EA, no offence. I'm just complaining.
    P. P. S I forgot to say the other unfair features. You have to "build" EVERYTHING! I mean the workplaces, the stores I mean everything! Sh**ty graphics too. Guys, just stick to TS4. And no offence to EA, but I'm talking the truth.
    P. P. P. S And you need the INTERNET to play TSFP while TS4 doesn't require Internet.
    P. P. P. P. S AND WHAT ABOUT THE RED UPDATE. I LOOK AT THE COMMENTS OF THE "RED UPDATE" VIDEO and they are complaints of the "update" not coming to TSFP on Android! EA, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    I played it a little before I really got into the Sims. While it did have some fun aspects, it got annoying. One, it's a "freemium" game. One of my biggest pet peeves when it comes to the mobile gaming field. But I would say it is 80% or more of hte mobile gaming field. I have deleted most, if not all off the tablet I typically play them on (while I own a smartphone, it's a rugged model without much room for apps--and it's also outdated). They get tedious and frustrating more than fun. I prefer to pay a price upfront never to be bothered by micro-transactions at all. And it happens in real time. What's a few minutes in the Sims for PC is hours or even days in this game.

There's the bad graphics (I mean, after getting into TS3 and TS4, I was surprised at how bad they actually were in comparison), and the online-always play.

One thing from it I've always liked is that the stable is not a rabbit-hole. Something that none of the actual Sims games have had so far.
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    I tried it. It sucked. And why is everyone apologizing to EA over this? Are they going to smite us from on high for being honest? If so, my azz is grazz.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • 4ri4n44ri4n4 Posts: 9 New Member
    Got it when it first came out, but got bored with it pretty quick.
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    I installed FreePlay for the first time back in 2013-2014 and LOVE IT. I completed all of the main quests in time to get all of the time limited prizes and have almost everything completely built in my game. I have only missed 2 Live Events and some of the SimChase events. I have one family in my game that is in the fourth generation.

Aging has been changed in the game. You can now reverse back to the beginning of any life stage without using LPs.

New locations have been added to the main map and there is now a downtown area that can be unlocked. There are other changes I can't think of right now, but a lot has been added in the last 3 years.
  • WillskyWillsky Posts: 63 Member
    I haven't played The Sims Freeplay for a few years now, but I remember it was quite limited compared to The Sims 3 at the time. I often found tasks to ages to complete; even though there were small things like watching TV, which could take 5+ hours. However I did think that it was a great addition to the Sims series, and was a good new concept for EA to work with for mobiles.
  • LunarChanelLunarChanel Posts: 34 Member
    Oh gosh. I remember Freeplay...

I haven't played it in probably like 7 or 8 years. It had its flaws of course, like every game. But if it wasn't for Freeplay I wouldn't be addicted to the Sims today so it was good for a sort of "Gateway" I suppose. Of course the actual Sims games are better, but overall Freeplay isn't terrible...just extremely limited.
  • ApricusApricus Posts: 671 Member
    edited January 2020
    Used to be a VERY hardcore player. After a while I stopped playing it as much, It had bad graphics and such, but that game was really fun despite being a crash grab. I’m on the last quest, dreading to complete it one day because of reasons listed. Even with its flaws, I like it more then the sims mobile, which I too enjoyed a lot when it dropped, but now I feel like it’s even more of a crash grab then sims FreePlay.

Sims FreePlay introduced me to the sims franchise, so I do have to give it that as well.
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • SarahSoda9SarahSoda9 Posts: 19 Member
    I’ve read a number of comments to do with mandatory aging. I don’t know if my game is glitched but I’ve had the game for a few years, rarely play it, but none of my sims have been effected by this. I had maybe 3 out of 20 age up to elder the rest have remained their ages of toddler child and adult. As long as I don’t bake a cake for the adult sims they seem to stay their age. With toddler and child sims I have ignored the age up notification and haven’t been bothered
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,405 Member
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    >If you don't open your game for a a couple of weeks you'll get a message saying your sims found a bunch of cupcakes and are all instantly inspired.

@ZeeGee, Yup a sugar rush will do that. :mrgreen:

GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
  • Tinkerbelle2Tinkerbelle2 Posts: 29 Member
    I’m playing Sims 4 and Freeplay and I prefer Sims 4 100%! I think I would like aspects of Freeplay but I just really don’t like games where it wants you to put real money on (I can be a bit of a frivolous spender so a bit dangerous for me!), I’d rather just pay initially and be done with it. But yes I get that it’s a ‘free’ game.
    I can’t bear how it is all in real time with no option to fast forward. Completely tedious and mind numbing. And how they look and walk, SO IRRITATING - and the fact they cheer after every single thing they do. Ugh.
    I’m gonna persevere with it anyway, out of boredom and hope. 🤣
    I’m loving The Sims 4 though.
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I rarely play Freeplay. I have it on my tablet to play when waiting in the doctor's office or when I am waiting for my husband to get a procedure or surgery done and there isn't anything happening outside, other than that I don't really play it. Local hospital having construction I will watch rather than playing Freeplay while waiting on my husband to get a procedure will win out every time. I don't mind real-time games. It makes things interesting.

@Tinkerbelle2 I agree. I don't like games that want you to put real money into them either and would rather pay up front initially and be done with it.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Brendan_WangBrendan_Wang Posts: 1 New Member
    latest update is troublesome. :/
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    edited April 2020
    I hate to complain, but I had to start a completely new game on my phone. I tried to save my progress before updating and lost my entire game from 2013 until now on my phone (I saved frequently so I don't know how the game didn't get saved to the cloud). I have submitted a help request but I guess they are so swamped with support requests while working from home that they can't even get back to me on this issue. I also can't find my new neighbors that I added in my Party Boat. Thankfully I found a slightly older game save that I unfortunately can't transfer from my tablet to my phone so I am having to play that version as well as my new game to see if I can get it back to where I was before this all happened.
  • LexyyLexyy Posts: 1 New Member
    Please bring back old events!!! Looking for Holiday High-Rise, Chic Boutique, Backyard Beautification, Custom Closets, and Luxury Living live events. Please!
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    Like nearly all the games on the Play Store; it is a freemium, ad-ridden farce. Real-time gameplay is torture, implemented just to get you to buy virtual currency to speed things up (which I never did). Yeah, TS4 has its critics (including yours truly), but it is one-thousand times better than FreePlay.

On another note, I've gotten to the point that I avoid "free" games on Play Store completely.
  • Hawkflight1066Hawkflight1066 Posts: 245 Member
    I just had to replace my old Windows tablet and ended up with an Android because I was in a hurry and the store didn't sell Windows tablets. Lo - I see on my new tablet I can play Sims Freeplay. Result.... Let's try a new Sims game.
    Did the tutorial, started to play. Realised I had to use special gold points to make sims take less than five hours to cook a meal.....What's that all about? Then realised the game runs in real time when sims are at work. Really? I have to sit here for 10 hours waiting for their shift to end? Started to Google. Surely I was doing something wrong. Apparently not.... Oh. I have to pay to play faster. And the rest! Well it took me a few minutes to work out how to uninstall it, but yep, it's now gone. Back to my lovely Sims 3, warts and all. Does EA think I was born yesterday? Freeplay is for suckers with more money than sense.
  • Hawkflight1066Hawkflight1066 Posts: 245 Member
    cody6268 wrote: »
    Like nearly all the games on the Play Store; it is a freemium, ad-ridden farce.

On another note, I've gotten to the point that I avoid "free" games on Play Store completely.

As a newbie owner of an Android Tablet I've only just encountered the play store. I'm very glad I read your comment here about "free" games. I appreciate the benefit of your experience, and will now keep out of the play store. I'd seen a few other complaints about ads on various aps. You don't get owt for nowt, as my dad would have said. I guess if they don't have ads they have "pay to play faster or better" like Freeplay.

• SimerooniesSimeroonies Posts: 16 Member
    I enjoyed the game alot because I didn't have the Sims 4 at the time but since getting it I haven't been back since. I think it gets super long when you have to wait for them to finish tasks in real time
  • Andrea48Andrea48 Posts: 16 Member
    This sims freeplay is so stupid as with all the ea sims games...the quests are ok but this in game real time is unbelievable...15 hours here and 10 hours there Hibernation for one day cause you had to check the fridge for 10 mins...4 or 5 hours is no big deal but to have a whole day fly by for a quest that already has a limit on it in hope that you will buy their in game purchases to skip by the time frame is a typical EA money grab...the sims themselves are not autonomous or have any personality and dont do anything besides what you tell them to do..nothing ever happens in this game and their needs dont decay...they have no wants or fears or any emotions whatsoever...the only good thing about this game is the life stages of the babies and child to preteen to teenager which they dont even have in sims 4😅 I guess this firemonkey company is better at creating lifestages then the EA itself...horses..active babies toddlers and child to preteen to teenager...you can put that in this free to pay game but you cant add this in the sims 4 with all this expensive computerized stuff you have there when thats what weve all been asking FOR YEARS!?! Like these babies can sit in a bouncer chair and play on a play matt and walk along the couch and be taught how to walk and have a bath and their diapers changed on a change table but sims 4 doesent get that lol?
  • VermilionSphereVermilionSphere Posts: 114 Member
    Andrea48 wrote: »
    ..the sims themselves are not autonomous or have any personality
    they are autonomous , to a certain extent . they constantly sneeze & scratch themselves & engage in other repulsive behaviors