Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spare Issue

Hello!

I'm at the stage now where I have a few spares that are mulling around the household. I'm not sure what to do with them. The first generation I had each spare go off and have a family of her own but this time round...I fear that if I keep doing that I'll barely be playing the main legacy family and instead focus on the spare families.

For those of you that have a legacy, what have you done with the spares? Have you kept them in the legacy house? Have you moved them out and had them start their own family? Or have you separated them from the main house and have them live Not in World?
Origin Username: LizzieMay +++ New friends are always welcome :)

Comments

• cully_ccully_c Posts: 655 Member
    I'm wondering the same thing. I got my first heir and was thinking I just wouldn't bother with any more kids, then decided that was boring. Now my lady's had twins! I was thinking of keeping them in the house but it's going to get crowded. Thinking I might try and kick them out and play them later, just don't know!
  • RachelRosebudRachelRosebud Posts: 1,103 Member
    edited September 2014
    You can force age them up at any time using a birthday cake. In my game, if I don't have interest in playing a spare, but still want them the right age in relation to the main Sims I care about, like when I invite them to parties, etc, I will just keep them in their own lot, like a crowded retirement home, lol. They get aged up when I want them to, and kill them if their generation is at that time to go. You still enjoy these spares, because your main Sims have bonds with them, either through blood or friendship, but you can keep them in the background. This is how I keep my game going, because let's face it, we all have favorites, and family trees can grow exponentially. Literally can't play every branch without sacrificing your main story. Happy Simming.
  • Lizziemay12Lizziemay12 Posts: 1,178 Member
    @RachelRosebud -- thankyou for the sugggestion. I've not aged up the younger spare and she and the older spare are living in a household Not in World. I visited another spare family and found out that her husband has disappeared :( i'm just going to have them all live Not in World and edit them via cas.fulleditmode so i have them age up the same time.

@cully_c - let us know what you plan to do :) it's a tough decision. You want to see them grow up together but then you dont want a crowded house.
    Origin Username: LizzieMay +++ New friends are always welcome :)
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    My heir is just now a child, his brother is a baby and another baby is on the way. I haven't yet faced this issue. However, I have played Legacies in the past (mostly in TS2). Since the rules (if you're adhering to them) state you can ONLY play the one household in this game save, I would just let the 'spares' move out, once you know your heir is secure in their role and won't need to rely on the 'spare' to carry things forward. That way you can keep the household down to the minimum and grow the next generation. If you're worried that they'll age up and die, save them to your library and then you can play them at some other time. I know we get attached to our Sims. I'm so attached, I carried my Founder over from Sims3!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • cully_ccully_c Posts: 655 Member
    edited September 2014
    I was thinking this, save them to library and play them later. Or I was going to keep them in the household and play them out, have various family lines, as I think new rules state you can move in as many as you like. It could be very crowded though!

Build a street rather than one house! That sounds interesting actually!