Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

scrolling with mouse weel not working

why i cant scroll up and down with my mouse on sims 4 ?
i play on window border cuz i use 2 screens but still in full screen its not work .

Comments

• sarahzsmylsarahzsmyl Posts: 1,307 Member
    Do you mean Zoom in and Zoom out? Is your game set to TS3 or TS4 style camera?
    Origin, Steam, PSN, XBL - FyreFlyeRush

• AvivLAvivL Posts: 128 Member
    no i mean when i open my invetory or build mod then the scrolling on the windows not work ,
    i do use sims 3 style
    edited September 2014
    Ah. That tends to be hit or miss for me. Sometimes closing and reopening the game resolves it.
    EDIT - I also play in Windowed mode.

its didnt work from the start , i notice that now when i watch some 1 stream in twitch , and she open some window in the game and just scrolling with her mouse and didnt use the arrows on the side ,
    i ask her is she use TS 3 or TS 4 and she said she never play sims 3 befor so i guess she didnt change the camera style .
    any way when i get home i try to change to TS 4 style again and see if its work or u can check that for me if ur game is open right now :)
    thx
    Unfortunately, I'm at work. I can't check it at the moment. :(

• momboqueenmomboqueen Posts: 1,721 Member
    I use S3 camera style and full screen .The mouse scroll works for me. I trid with full screen windowed mode and it did not work.
    nice thx to let me know , now maxis have another bug to fix
  • FrimlinFrimlin Posts: 283 Member
    edited November 2014
    I have just got this bug. Funny thing is it worked fine for a few weeks but I think since the last patch the mouse scroll is now very unreliable... mostly it doesn't work, then "suddenly" it starts working... a bit. Very odd.
    Post edited by Frimlin on
    Check out my mod! Also... my YouTube channel.
    I'm on Twitter!! Don't be shy, say Hi!
    E9fDd6Q.png
  • HayHey28HayHey28 Posts: 178 Member
    I have this problem too. Since the beginning I've never been able to scroll normally through build mode, options, etc. I just have to do it all with the cursor which can be quite annoying. I play full screen too.
  • Time_twistTime_twist Posts: 5 New Member
    I've just started experiencing this problem. I've never had any problem scrolling through clothing, hair, items ect previously... I bought jungle adventure and when I started up my game again I could no longer scroll. I've tried both restarting my game and my computer, and I tried lowering the graphics and repairing my game to see if that might help, but nothing seems to be working. I can still use the scroll wheel to zoom in or out though...
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member
    Time_twist wrote: »
    I've just started experiencing this problem. I've never had any problem scrolling through clothing, hair, items ect previously... I bought jungle adventure and when I started up my game again I could no longer scroll. I've tried both restarting my game and my computer, and I tried lowering the graphics and repairing my game to see if that might help, but nothing seems to be working. I can still use the scroll wheel to zoom in or out though...

But the wheel is supposed to zoom in and out?

Do you mean when you hold down the scroll button, it doesn't work? Try going to the game settings under camera, and change the mode to "The Sims 3" mode.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Time_twistTime_twist Posts: 5 New Member
    nope, I'm not holding down the scroll button at all. The zooming in and out on the lots with regular scrolling works fine but before, when i was going through hair or clothing or build mode objects, I could just use the scroll wheel to look up or down through the options. Now the only option is to go over to the bar on the side and slide it up or down. Unfortunately it's not really anything to do with the camera mode.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    Time_twist wrote: »
    nope, I'm not holding down the scroll button at all. The zooming in and out on the lots with regular scrolling works fine but before, when i was going through hair or clothing or build mode objects, I could just use the scroll wheel to look up or down through the options. Now the only option is to go over to the bar on the side and slide it up or down. Unfortunately it's not really anything to do with the camera mode.

Hello
    Try unplugging the mouse and then plugging it in again and see if that helps.
    Try testing with another mouse and see if you can use that one.