Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

They should remove Likes and LOL too.

Comments

• Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    MBBMVADER wrote: »
    This feels so.... empty. No more disagreeing with everyone.

You know nothing...

Jon Snow

reasonswhygameofthronesissuchabigdeal142_1396620215.jpg
  • Options
    keyb0xkeyb0x Posts: 1,641 Member
    Rinilex wrote: »
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    Sometimes people need a stern beating with disagrees.

"Wh - what?! This person has an opinion I don't like! I must teach them a lesson with a disagree!

...heh. That'll show them."
    Well you needed a beating from overusing CAPS LOCK.....

And it made all the difference in the world, clearly.
    Well you stopped the habit so it clearly did. :cookie:

It wasn't a habit, I used it for one post for comedic effect...
    Well you didn't really get that kind of comedic reaction... In fact I got more of that.....

Actually, I did. It was just the pro TS4 Brigade who lacked the sense of humour to see it was obviously a joke.

Yes, caps lock makes everything funny.

ANGRY POO

I bet you're dying of laughter right now huh Rinilex. :p
  • Options
    natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member
    I want my disagrees and agrees back. I really liked them, without is this place feels very facebook like
  • Options
    mulboromulboro Posts: 2,012 Member
    I want my disagrees and agrees back. I really liked them, without is this place feels very facebook like
    If it makes you feel any better, I'm disagreeing you SO hard with my mind right now.
    What'd you just say??
    8d7.gif
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    It's clear to me they don't want anyone disagreeing with anyone about anything. They are nudging all of you to 'like' or move along. Happy, happy place, now, isn't that nice?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    AlcrestonAlcreston Posts: 70 Member
    Bah other thread deleted with my long response with it. Ill just edit this one to fit my now nonexistant reply.

I guess Im just old fashioned where articulating your opinion is better than a numerical proxy. Numbers dont provide context. You can perhaps agree with something but not totally. In gamer terms you know when they say read the review not the review score?

Im honestly taken aback by the push behind this. When I first responded it was jokingly because I really didnt think people were that invested. Would it make you all feel better if I tke it back? Not that it would bring those tick marks back.
  • Options
    2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    edited September 2014
    i liked the agree and disagree options, i don't appreciate them being taken away. if people are offended by it they really should step away from the computer! we're not a bunch of 5 year olds!!
    My origin id is sim2011
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Lol~ I will say, I didn't agree or disagree with any buttons. I only Like'd, LOL'ed, and Flag'ed. :D

I did Quote so I'm all good- Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy! :lol:
  • Options
    mulboromulboro Posts: 2,012 Member
    Alcreston wrote: »
    I guess Im just old fashioned where articulating your opinion is better than a numerical proxy. Numbers dont provide context. You can perhaps agree with something but not totally. In gamer terms you know when they say read the review not the review score?
    Nicely put. Reminds me of my days on DeviantArt where the majority would hit the 'favorite' button on an artist's work instead of leaving a comment.

What'd you just say??
    8d7.gif
  • Options
    nilaniusnilanius Posts: 1,984 Member
    naw, the Like and LOL buttons are there to help newbies get into the forums. The problem with the agree and disagree buttons, they were causing a lot of unneeded drama. Some people, upon seeing a thread by someone that spoke positively of Sims 4, both flagged abuse and hit disagree. Others only hit disagree the moment they see anything resembling positivity. This was especially hard on new members to the forums. Especially when you had false flagging trolls on the loose, and suddenly the innocent newbie who happened to respond to a thread or posted a question, found the system being abused to the point they could no longer post on the forums.

Far as I can tell you have to reach a certain amount of points to be able to use certain forum features. Including the quote, and posting links and images. The Like and LOL buttons are there to help new people get into the forums. Imagine if the point system wasn't there. All of a sudden we get a forum flooded with obscene pictures and adult only images. So the system helps keep the forum trolls in check for the most part, and removing the spam, abuse, disagree and agree, cuts down on forum drama.
    tumblr_static_plumbob.gif
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
  • Options
    DizziestSimsDizziestSims Posts: 788 Member
    While reading through this, I instinctively went to press the disagree button on someone's comment.
    Yep, that failed. lol
    From the creator of Robinson Family, Dizziest Sims is a reboot of the storytelling series with all new family and friends! dizziestsims.com #DizziestSims
  • Options
    nilaniusnilanius Posts: 1,984 Member
    forums.thesims.com/en_AU/profile/958988/chellecheree
    here is my australian profile and we still have all buttons :)

Yeah but I'm guessing the australian simmers aren't vindictive at each other and constantly trying to cause drama either, let alone false flag everywhere right?
    tumblr_static_plumbob.gif
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
  • Options
    jadealixjadealix Posts: 788 Member
    Well I had 350 agrees. Now when people go to my page they see a little over 100 likes. Then over 300 lols. Make me seem like a clown! :o
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Disagreed, I want my buttons back :( I feel so empty without my disagrees :( I have to tell people why I disagree :(
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    4obwbws.gif
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    nilanius wrote: »
    forums.thesims.com/en_AU/profile/958988/chellecheree
    here is my australian profile and we still have all buttons :)

Yeah but I'm guessing the australian simmers aren't vindictive at each other and constantly trying to cause drama either, let alone false flag everywhere right?
    More like they barely exist....
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    Disagreed, I want my buttons back :( I feel so empty without my disagrees :( I have to tell people why I disagree :(
    Well so do I but currently, I rather they remove the entire thing than just a portion of it.
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    jadealix wrote: »
    Well I had 350 agrees. Now when people go to my page they see a little over 100 likes. Then over 300 lols. Make me seem like a clown! :o
    I had 1,000 agrees. I was so ticked off when I saw they were gone!
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    Well so do I but currently, I rather they remove the entire thing than just a portion of it.

Yes, I feel like they are forcing me to wither like something or find it funny. I want to disagree! It's the one thing facebook also needs
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I had 1,000 agrees. I was so ticked off when I saw they were gone!

I had 1.3K agrees. All gone. I had about 70 spams though. But that was from those who disagreed strongly! lol

• Options
    abe70280abe70280 Posts: 519 Member
    Sometimes people need a stern beating with disagrees. Now the current system just seems too coddling. .... not the mention how incomplete the reaction portion of our profiles look.

LOL. you really feel the need to be popular and caress your internet ego by way of points huh?

• Options
    abe70280 wrote: »
    Sometimes people need a stern beating with disagrees. Now the current system just seems too coddling. .... not the mention how incomplete the reaction portion of our profiles look.

LOL. you really feel the need to be popular and caress your internet ego by way of points huh?
    It has nothing to do with points or popularity..... Those are irrelevant because we still have them! Is that all you got out of that.........
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    justin5812justin5812 Posts: 632 Member
    Well take away the quote button too. Buttons are just offensive altogether.
  • Options
    justin5812 wrote: »
    Well take away the quote button too. Buttons are just offensive altogether.
    Almost forum has a quote feature. No just no.....
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    edited September 2014
    Make me seem like a clown! :o

"Funny how? I mean, funny like I'm a clown?
    I amuse you? I make you laugh?
    I'm here to amuse you?
    How am I funny?
    What is so funny about me?
    Tell me.
    Tell me what's funny."

Joe Pesci - Goodfellas

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius