Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Went back to Sims 3... man now THAT game was ugly.

Comments

• Options
    TMWDSiTMWDSi Posts: 90 Member
    well could be worse it could be borderland graphics ;D ...

Once again, that is style, and not graphical quality. I have no idea why people confuse the two so often.
  • Options
    DuncarinDuncarin Posts: 362 Member
    TMWDSi wrote: »

Once again, that is style, and not graphical quality. I have no idea why people confuse the two so often.
    Because when something looks plum people are gonna say it looks plum. It doesn't matter if its the style or the quality, plum is plum.

• Options
    Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    abe70280 wrote: »
    you only need to take a peek at the PC minimum system requirements of the Sims 4 to know that they held back on the graphics department to please the low end users

System requirements are not necessarily indicative of how the game actually looks or runs. Look at the Sims 3 minimum requirements. In reality, it needs well above that to actually run without hiccups on low settings let alone max. Intel GMA X3100 my butt.

As much as you want to believe it, the Sims 4's graphics are not bad and surpass the Sims 3 by quite a bit. The proof is in the pudding.

TS4 requirements are slightly higher, but personally i don't feel it looks better. I just don't like the cartoony art style. So at the end of the day it comes down to what you feel looks better, for me TS3 looks better. Even though the graphics isn't better it just looks better to me.
  • Options
    TMWDSiTMWDSi Posts: 90 Member
    edited September 2014
    Duncarin wrote: »

Because when something looks plum people are gonna say it looks plum. It doesn't matter if its the style or the quality, plum is plum.

Does that make the graphical style of Team Fortress 2 "plum" as well? Photorealism does not necessarily equal good.
    Sc3niX wrote: »
    abe70280 wrote: »
    you only need to take a peek at the PC minimum system requirements of the Sims 4 to know that they held back on the graphics department to please the low end users

System requirements are not necessarily indicative of how the game actually looks or runs. Look at the Sims 3 minimum requirements. In reality, it needs well above that to actually run without hiccups on low settings let alone max. Intel GMA X3100 my butt.

As much as you want to believe it, the Sims 4's graphics are not bad and surpass the Sims 3 by quite a bit. The proof is in the pudding.

TS4 requirements are slightly higher, but personally i don't feel it looks better. I just don't like the cartoony art style. So at the end of the day it comes down to what you feel looks better, for me TS3 looks better. Even though the graphics isn't better it just looks better to me.

Fair enough. To each their own.
  • Options
    hunterleeandmaddyhunterleeandmaddy Posts: 6 New Member
    > @KrayzieStryker said:
    > Well still we need to say Sims 3 looks beautiful and thats a Sims from 2009. Yes i like the Cartoony look from Sims 4 too, but i wouldn't compare them that much about this. TS3 trys to look more realistic and TS4 is in Cartoon Style, still i think they could have made it better. But well TS4 is a Sims to please everyone. TS3 is more for Highend User i need to admit this fact, i couldn't run my TS3 with my Laptop but TS4 is running nice on it.

This x1000! My biggest gripe is that everyone is comparing a game that is 5 years old. The graphics in TS4 should blow TS3 out of the water. TS3 had plenty of problems, but it's 5 years old!!! Who cares what game has better graphics, they were not made at the same time. Take Oblivion vs. Skyrim. Skyrim's graphics blew Oblivion's away like it should have. TS4 should be getting compared to other games in 2014....not 2009
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I don't know how anyone can say the environments of TS3 are ugly. I will say I didn't like the robotic Sim but the worlds and the objects and the houses are a far cry with details, details, from the TS4.

They are absolutely stunning.
  • Options
    Duncarin wrote: »

Does that make the graphical style of Team Fortress 2 "plum" as well? Photorealism does not necessarily equal good.
    You were asking why people don't get style vs graphic quality and it's because if someone doesn't like a look they will call it plum, understanding the difference between the two matters not. :)

• Options
    ContessaClaidieContessaClaidie Posts: 263 Member
    edited September 2014
    Personally I don't think the style is bad its just different then a lot of people was expecting in many ways Sims 3 was just trying to hard to be Serious and realistic specially when you remember the more Comical descriptions of certain items in Sims 1 and 2 which was all but absent in Sims 3 also I'm glad we got a return of job events which I missed from sims 3

Overwatch is a good correction but I don't do CC i prefer to play my Sim games as "God" intended namely my self :D
    “Wisdom is not a product of schooling but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it.” - Albert Einstein
    I own all Sims 1 to 4 + Expansion, Stuff Packs but if I had to pick a favorite it would be Sims 2
    4.5 Ghz Processor, 32 Gb of Ram, 3x Geforce GTX Titan Z Extreme Edition, 1 TB SSD
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    I would rather play sims with soulless eyes than those who look like Pixar vomited all over them.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    Shanmarie wrote: »
    Darkling wrote: »
    I love my "ugly" Sims 3. :)

14177151879_3df329c3d8_z.jpg

14245185407_4f41603b6c_z.jpg

14775850342_4b5a2e955e_z.jpg

14246883149_5b55b4b1df_z.jpg

Your graphics card must be the God of all graphics cards.
    Gosh another one with a lousy computer? It looks exactly like this in my game. I thought it's the same for everyone. Now I'm baffled but I begin to understand where those Sims 4 lovers come from.

This space is for rent.
  • Options
    Ralf453 wrote: »
    Time to upgrade your computer and crank up them graphics if you think it's ugly, cause with everything on ultra, it looks darn nice :p

Ultra and Low don't look much different with TS4 on my computer, so I play on Low (and laptop mode if that makes a difference).
    They are referring to Sims 3 from those comments I read here.

This space is for rent.
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    Cyron43 wrote: »
    Shanmarie wrote: »

Your graphics card must be the God of all graphics cards.
    Gosh another one with a lousy computer? It looks exactly like this in my game. I thought it's the same for everyone. Now I'm baffled but I begin to understand where those Sims 4 lovers come from.

True.
  • Options

WHICH GRAPHIC CARDS DO YOU HAVE I NEED TO KNOW THIS IS GORGEOUS
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    Jongarakun wrote: »
    Time to upgrade your computer and crank up them graphics if you think it's ugly, cause with everything on ultra, it looks darn nice :p
    Not all of us have hundreds of dollars to spend on a computer for a game. =T
    Looks like a better graphics card would have been the better investment over Sims 4.

This space is for rent.
  • Options
    His Graphic card is called custom content ;)
    “Wisdom is not a product of schooling but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it.” - Albert Einstein
    I own all Sims 1 to 4 + Expansion, Stuff Packs but if I had to pick a favorite it would be Sims 2
    4.5 Ghz Processor, 32 Gb of Ram, 3x Geforce GTX Titan Z Extreme Edition, 1 TB SSD
  • Options
    dark5id3dark5id3 Posts: 2,476 Member
    http://s1.directupload.net/images/140917/xwsyj979.jpg
    Dont you hating on us do you ;)

Sul Sul
    His Graphic card is called custom content ;)

So in that last picture what? Those trees are custom content and the sky?

2rxu2ph.png
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    elelunicy wrote: »
    To be honest Sims 3 doesn't really look all that good no matter what graphics settings/mods you use. The graphics are just very outdated.
    Before the first pictures of Sims 4 were released I hoped for a graphics like in GTA V but I was disappointed. That's why I never wasted my money on Sims 4. Sims 3 looks way better than 4 so I'll stay with that and have fun.
    Anyway this is a comparison between Sims 3 and 4 and Sims 3 is the winner for me.

This space is for rent.
  • Options
    Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    Jongarakun wrote: »
    Not all of us have hundreds of dollars to spend on a computer for a game. =T
    Looks like a better graphics card would have been the better investment over Sims 4.

This and not everyone wants to wait for you to take that old rig back to the museum.

• Options
    @Stdlr9 Fabulous pictures. I hope Bonehilda and the weather will come back soon ...
    Play Sims 3 and you have that. :)

This space is for rent.
  • Options
    I admit I have a piece of crap laptop so I only run TS3 on low.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    I wish people who don't actually own the Sims 4 wasn't allowed to post a lot less QQ'ing then Community: Ye i won't buy the game but I'll still post how much it sucks ...blah blah blah
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    AthenaOnyx wrote: »
    JasonPogo wrote: »
    Love Sims 3. Played it to death. But after spending so much time with Sims 4 wow is it an ugly game.
    4915723_orig.png

9206695_orig.png

2258878_orig.png

4123192_orig.png

9324314_orig.png

7416980_orig.png

3193462_orig.png

6042851_orig.png

(I love ugly)

Those pics are either doctored or you have one heck of a graphics card.
    Must be one heck of a graphics card because S3 looks the same here.
    I do play on highest settings. Strangely enough I've got a feeling it's my graphics card that's causing my 'wow-it's-way-too-hot-in-here-let's-shut-down-this-second' computer problem when I play Sims 4.

5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    I wish people who don't actually own the Sims 4 wasn't allowed to post a lot less QQ'ing then Community: Ye i won't buy the game but I'll still post how much it sucks ...blah blah blah
    Is it ok with you if those of us with both post and qq?

• Options
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    I think this thread made me... miss ... the sims 3 lol words I never thought would come out of my mouth lol

2myopae.jpg
    2uokwlx.jpg

Guess I'll go play sims 3 now...
    Wow! Especially the first picture is worth to be a desktop background! o_O

This space is for rent.
  • Options
    Of course you have experienced it first hand unlike this naysayers
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top