Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just Friends

Lizziemay12Lizziemay12 Posts: 1,178 Member
So my first generation heir Ari hasnt had much luck in the romance department. As his younger sister is just about to get engaged to her boyfriend, he's ex-fiance broke up with him and now I feel that he's never going to fall in love.

He had three prospects to start off with. Sonya, Hadley and Arielle. He is good friends with Sonya but she was not accepting any of his flirts but Hadley had been. So he focused on Hadley. They were soon boyfriend and girlfriend and she moved in. I found out she was noncommittal and an adult. She was also sweethearts with another sim (Lucian Levine...) so I had her flirt with Lucian to get Ari to break up with her but nothing happened. She then broke off the engagement over a game of chess.

A few days later, once his 'sad' emotion was gone, I had him try his luck with Arielle. They're friends, too, but not as much as Ari and Sonya. Things were going OK with them and I managed to get the romance bar up a smidge. Then she started turning down his flirts and the conversations were becoming 'awkward'. This was when I noticed that they weren't friends, but Just Friends:

First picture, Ari is 'Just Friends' with Arielle.

15039890517_79d15724c3_b.jpg

Second picture, 'It's Very Awkward' between Ari and ex-fiancee Hadley:

15039808810_c6fd54558b_b.jpg

Third picture, but Sonya is still only Ari's 'Friend'

15039928317_d2fda671b6_b.jpg

I'm turning his attention to Trisha and Madelynn now. Let's hope that they're open to more than being 'Just Friends'.

I'm posting this to show everyone else that Sims 4 relationships are a lot trickier. :( Does anyone know what might have caused Ari and Arielle to be 'Just Friends'? Maybe it was because they were friends for a while before he started flirting with her?

Origin Username: LizzieMay +++ New friends are always welcome :)

Comments

• CrowRidgeStudioCrowRidgeStudio Posts: 233 Member
    I got the "just friends" title on two of my sims after the friend bar was in the green, but a few badly gone romantic moves put the romance bar slightly in the red.
  • LogisitcsLogisitcs Posts: 1,156 Member
    Look for Summer Holiday, she's an 'Easy A'
  • VertiquoVertiquo Posts: 22 Member
    Aw, I like Summer Holiday. She's pretty too. But yeah, my sim flirted her up and she loved it. So...

But since doing my Legacy challenge, I feel like I have fallen in a similar situation. My sim didn't find love till recently, halfway through her adult lifespan, so I was getting nervous it wasn't going to happen. Hopefully you can find someone. I know there are a ton of pretty female townies, it's just a matter of snatching them up!

Good luck.
  • Lizziemay12Lizziemay12 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Summer Holiday is a playable sim, so she's a no can do for heirs. I have seen her around and she has the sort of genetics that would be lovely in the legacy.

@CrowRidgeStudio, Yes, I believe that Just Friends means that any romantic interaction (including 'pick up line') will cause the conversation to turn awkward and the romantic relationship bar to fall. What 'smidge' of a romance bar Arielle and Ari had, has now disappeared :(

@Vertiquo, I'm acting fast with Ari because his mother (the founder) didn't find love till she was an adult. She also died a few days after his adult birthday so wont ever get to meet her grandkids. Thanks for the luck. Hopefully Trisha or Madelynn will be the silver lining to this dark cloud :)
  • CrowRidgeStudioCrowRidgeStudio Posts: 233 Member
    edited September 2014
    @Lizziemay12: actually my 2 sims I talked about were "friends" *until* a romantic try failed. It was only then that they were labeled *just friends*. A few more romantic moves that go successfully should elevate them to more than "just friends." Just make sure they're in good moods, etc. so your romantic interactions don't go badly. Keep trying, and eventually they'll be more than "just friends."
  • VertiquoVertiquo Posts: 22 Member
    edited September 2014
    How sad! I had a similar situation in the Sims 3. I had been playing a family, not exactly a legacy challenge, but the third generation was on its way. The mother (or founder, sort of), was a family oriented sim with 8 skill in handiness. She was good at cooking, cleaning, all that jazz. Well, when she found out her son was having a baby, she only had the goal to do stuff with the grandchild. She died a day before the baby was born while fixing a stereo, and I felt devastated. Also, the dad, who was normally a nice guy picked fights every day after. They might not have had emotions in that game, but I swear something changed after her death.

It was very traumatizing to see another one of her sons, who had the brave trait, rush in trying to extinguish his mother who was on fire. T.T Sigh. That game, man...
  • thesims3andtwothesims3andtwo Posts: 4,643 Member
    He got friend zoned.
  • Lizziemay12Lizziemay12 Posts: 1,178 Member
    @CrowRidgeStudio thanks for the tip. I think I'll move on to the next girl anyway. It makes an interesting story. This legacy isn't about the successes of the family, it's becoming more a story of my fails and woes as a simmer with a new game :(

@Vertiquo Ooo :'( my families mum (the founder) was the best cook. She maxed her normal cooking skill and was around 7/8 on her Gormet. All her meals were excellent. Now she has died, the family were living off the leftovers of her good food. But that's now gone and they've started eating 'okay' and 'good' food. The 'bad taste' moodlet is now back D:

@thesims3andtwo It sure felt that way! I was hoping it was something that can be alleviated but it's still nice to see this feature. I do wonder what other relationships two sims can have now. Can they be frenemies? Friends-with-benefits?
  • thesims3andtwothesims3andtwo Posts: 4,643 Member
    @LizzieMay12

I'm fairly sure they can be friends - with - benefits. I'll go ask someone.