Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Shader Lists& possibility of help on getting alpha editable hair to work?

Comments

• ritzcraftritzcraft Posts: 1 New Member
    Bump!
  • ThanatosIrugaThanatosIruga Posts: 2 New Member
    I want new hairstyle too =(
  • LeviniLevini Posts: 45 Member
    PumpkinSei wrote: »
    English isn't my native language, sorry.<br />
    Aaaanyways,<br />
    I think, it's something engine related. No alpha- no flickering with water/windows/trees. I saw someone made hair with alpha already, means it's possible. But the hair flickers with itself. Is it something layers related? Or just shaders?<br />
    Would be really nice to get some help from Gurus

Hair flickering with itself is a mesh related issue, not really from the shaders themselves. The Sims 4 Base game hairs lack the proper mesh to support alpha editability and would need to be fixed before they are able to be alpha'd.

Shader wise, it's possible to happen but as said before I myself haven't found any working shader that doesn't crash the game.

The closest shader that supported Alphas was the SimGlass shader, but the problem with it is that it turns the item transparent, as if it's glasses and it collides with sunglasses.
    k02mmld.png

I posted here asking about it because I was curious on a possibility of either getting help on making a shader that supports alpha for both clothing and hairs (Because alpha clothing would be cool to have too) or the possibility of there being an existing shader in the game files (which is why I'm asking for a list if anything) that can be used so that at most users won't have to install a ton of extra items just to have working hairs in their games (Thus preventing the problem of the users who don't want to read and then break their game and whine about it)
    -This Space for rent!-
  • MiladylynxMiladylynx Posts: 1 New Member
    BUMP!!!
  • Missmissy12345Missmissy12345 Posts: 3 New Member
    Bump.
  • AirmisingAirmising Posts: 1 New Member
    BUMP!
  • JurrasicJessicaJurrasicJessica Posts: 1 New Member
    Bump!!!
  • ChisamichanChisamichan Posts: 3 New Member
    Bump, oh my god, we neeed this.
  • TheGreenLionTheGreenLion Posts: 1,635 Member
    As others have said, I think it's highly unlikely that they would respond to a thread filled with 'Bump' posts and not much else. I find it suspicious that a New Member would bee-line to this thread to bump it, whoever is doing it may pat themselves on the back for sabotaging the thread.

This is not at all the way to get them to 'pay attention' in a meaningful way. It just looks like one person with plenty of time to make new accounts and being entirely obsessive to the point where anyone who tried to get anything useful out of this thread will only see the 'Bump' posts. Page after page after page of 'Bump!' by brand new members with their first post here. @Levini I suggest that you start another thread and request for the 'Bump spammer' to leave off, it's not helping at all. I don't see your question being answered here any time soon.
  • avatarkorraavatarkorra Posts: 1 New Member
    BUMP!
  • KaliliesKalilies Posts: 1 New Member
    Bump.
  • coralynecoralyne Posts: 2 New Member
    For those wondering why there are so many bumps to this thread - I saw on Tumblr that there are requests to make sure this thread stays on the front page so it can be seen by the Gurus. Not sure how helpful that is, but I think the intention of the bumpers is to put in their "like" or "agree" to the fact they'd really like alpha channels and help with the hair mods.
  • TheGreenLionTheGreenLion Posts: 1,635 Member
    coralyne wrote: »
    For those wondering why there are so many bumps to this thread - I saw on Tumblr that there are requests to make sure this thread stays on the front page so it can be seen by the Gurus. Not sure how helpful that is, but I think the intention of the bumpers is to put in their "like" or "agree" to the fact they'd really like alpha channels and help with the hair mods.

Well it is a good intention but I find the 'Bump' posts irritating and spammy. If what you said was true about the tumblr requests than I was clearly wrong about how I perceived the initial situation. Inge said earlier that this section moves very slow, and it does. This thread will stay on the Front page for DAYS without any replies. Several times these 'Bumps' weren't even needed, how do you bump a thread that's still at the top?

At least try to give them a chance to reply and give others with more to say than just 'Bump!' a chance to be heard as well.
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Well I guess another time, whoever posts on tumblr about a thread like this could specify clearly to click agree or something instead of bumping. Of course there are other sections of the forum where bumping serves a purpose (not that I am actually recommending it, you understand)
  • WaniaWania Posts: 1 New Member
    I really want this to happen. Yay for awesome hair <3
  • IFameIFame Posts: 16 New Member
    BUMPING!!!!
  • Rawr2525Rawr2525 Posts: 1 New Member
    This is too important not to bump. Bump
  • SmylishSmylish Posts: 274 Member
    Bump, again.
  • SmylishSmylish Posts: 274 Member
    Ghost wrote: »
    Also a bump on this one. I fully agree that the custom content the mod community graciously slaves over is really what keeps long term playability of these games up. I can say for a fact that my decisions in the past to buy EPs were greatly influenced by custom content requiring EPs. <br />
    <br />
    I feel that the mod community is a significant sales drive for these games, and keeps them exciting between instalments, so I would love to see EA helping out the mod community.

That is very true! I actually bought many EPs just so I could download my CC. Even if they had mind-blowing content in the game, I would still download a lot of extra stuff. It's all about making the game my own, have the exact things I love, make everything as unique as I can.

This really needs to happen. I swear these plastic hairstyles are giving me a headache. They are just awful. I can't enjoy them, I just can't.

• Jon078Jon078 Posts: 1 New Member
    BUMP
  • MyreMylarMyreMylar Posts: 80 Member
    @IngeJones @TheGreenLion

(I don't think the bumpers can actually hear you. This species of poster appears to be unable to read threads, or check if their input is even needed to achieve the desired outcome. All we can do is hide and wait out the storm.)

• karliejameskarliejames Posts: 11 New Member
    Please allow alpha hairs for The Sims 4 EA. - Vote from an old time sims fan, Australia
  • LovelyQylaLovelyQyla Posts: 1 New Member
    Just bump it!
    Seriously EA, sims 4 is already getting enough hate don't make it worse.
  • SimplyBreaSimplyBrea Posts: 145 Member
    EA can you please stop ignoring us and give us a shader to use for converting Sims 3/2 hair to Sims 4. You said this game is moddable but you guys are really making it hard for us to even customize our own game with CC.
  • rhsimsrhsims Posts: 3 New Member
    Bump. Half of the fun I got from playing ts3 and ts2 was from creating my sims with the help of custom content. The sims 4 is all big on promoting how your sims are more customizable than ever, but that customization can even go further with the help of custom content!! EA please consider this!!!!!