Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Shader Lists& possibility of help on getting alpha editable hair to work?

Comments

• alelorealelore Posts: 27 Member
    Bump. i dont find sim4 fun anymore all the stuff i love was cut out and now hair also? i hope EA comes to some sense because people will get bored very fast in sims4 if you dont have stuff you like to do. so i hope at least hair would be possible
  • Living_PixelsLiving_Pixels Posts: 1 New Member
    Bump , what happened to giving modders free reign ? ?
  • lolbalolba Posts: 1 New Member
    > @chloette said:
    > Bumping this because I'm honestly gonna burn my game if I can't get some custom hairs up in here

Bump! And definitely agree with you, I'll do the same thing
  • LeviniLevini Posts: 45 Member
    UPDATE 9/17/14:

So, yeah. Alpha based hair will not happen. After combing through every CAS shader (There's only 3), There's no chance for alpha editable hair to happen without problems, that is unless EA patches it in. and from the looks of this thread and it being nearly a week, it doesn't look like EA will listen to modders or the community on this. Go ahead and say whatever now but that is all.
    -This Space for rent!-
  • fashionxswaggerfashionxswagger Posts: 11 New Member
    edited September 2014
    everytime i turn around EA f-ing over us
  • ChromaggiaMagChromaggiaMag Posts: 31 Member
    > @chloette said:
    > Bumping this because I'm honestly gonna burn my game if I can't get some custom hairs up in here
    There are, so far, two love custom hairs that I know of by David Sims (dvdsims (dot) blogspot (dot) com). I know they're not your precious alphas, but they look good in the worlds of TS4.
    > @bbecka said:
    > BUMP AGAIN! this is so important! I cried when I realized that its not possible to make cc hair.......
    It's VERY possible to make CC hair. Go check out David Sims (dvdsims (dot) blogspot (dot) com), he has two lovely hairs that make sense in the game.
    > @simgirl1984 said:
    > EA Give them whatever they need how can we enjoy CAS where you say we can make millions of different sims.......really millions of different sims with the same hairstyles....come on HELP THEM OUT! AND BY THEM I MEAN US YOUR BELOVED SIMMERS....SOS CC HAIR NEEDED BADLY SUFFERING BADLY HERE....
    David Sims (dvdsims (dot) blogspot (dot) com) has two lovely custom hairs that make sense in the world :)
    edited September 2014
    There are two lovely CC hairs by David Sims over at dvdsims (dot) blogspot (dot) com
    > @blubb said:
    > Bump! we need it! i dont want all my sims have the same couples of hairstyles, really get tired of this ._.
    There are CC hairs already available and they make sense in the world. Try searching :)
    > @simmedy said:
    > d'you think they've done this intentionally to ensure we have to buy the store hairs in future? :( i hope not.
    Nope! There are already two customs hairs out there! Maybe more by now (but probably not yet). Try searching for David Sims. He has a blogspot and so far he's created 2 hairs that look good with the style of the game :)
  • SmylishSmylish Posts: 274 Member
    > @simmedy said:<br />
    > d'you think they've done this intentionally to ensure we have to buy the store hairs in future? :( i hope not.<br />
    Nope! There are already two customs hairs out there! Maybe more by now (but probably not yet). Try searching for David Sims. He has a blogspot and so far he's created 2 hairs that look good with the style of the game :)

Yeah, but that's not the type of hair we were looking for. :| As lovely as those are, they are still as plastic as ever.

> @ashleylivvy said:
    > BUMP!!!!!
    >
    > Custom content hair is a huge part of the sims 3, and made so many players happy, but having no cc hair in this game will do the exact opposite of pleasing people. I haven't bought ts4 yet, and I am not going to buy It until this issue is solved!
    There is already CC hair for the game and honestly I don't think the alpha hair would look right in the worlds provided. The entire world looks somewhere between a painting and a rad anime. I would not call the look of TS4 cartoony and I would not put realistic looking things in it without doing a mod overhaul of every single centimeter of the game, which would take too much time and too much cc really. The two CC hairs I know of look great and work in game with no issue.
    > @julianh78 said:
    > BUMP! I need me some custom hairs
    There are some custom hairs and they look good.
    > @alyssarcastic said:
    > Bump! We need CC hair!
    There is CC hair.
    > @Felon454 said:
    > Please. God. I need hair. Bump bump bump.
    There is already some CC hair available.
    > @YamchaTsukutsun said:
    > Bump
    > Custom hair in the Sims 4 would be amazing, it will increase my game play more.
    There is custom hair for The Sims 4 already
    > @NekrosV said:
    > Bump! I would love to get custom hair.
    There already is custom hair.
    > @Starbucaneer said:
    > Hmmm ten pages and still no repsonse? I hope they can/do answer this. Modding hair is a big part of the simming communities creativity.
    >
    > We have skins, eyes and recoloured clothes. Modded hair would complete the Sims ensemble. Has anyone contacted the gurus responsible for this side of things on twitter?
    There is already some custom hair.
    > @Smylish said:
    > ChromaggiaMag wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Yeah, but that's not the type of hair we were looking for. :| As lovely as those are, they are still as plastic as ever.
    It's still cool and it's silly to see people saying there is NO cc hair when there is in fact, they're just begging for something that might look silly in game.
  • SmylishSmylish Posts: 274 Member
    > @Smylish said:<br />
    > ChromaggiaMag wrote: »<br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > Yeah, but that's not the type of hair we were looking for. :| As lovely as those are, they are still as plastic as ever.<br />
    It's still cool and it's silly to see people saying there is NO cc hair when there is in fact, they're just begging for something that might look silly in game.

It would still look better than the ones we have. We've had this type of hair since The Sims 2. Why would it look silly now? It still fits the game. You are allowed to disagree, you are allowed not to download it, but this is not what myself and many others are looking for. The hairstyles we were given are not good enough. In fact, they are not good at all. Especially the long, "curly" hair we have.

The hairstyles you showed are not poorly done, I would enjoy them if I was into that type of style, but I'm not.
  • LulubelleAppleLulubelleApple Posts: 36 Member
    > @ChromaggiaMag said:
    >
    > It's still cool and it's silly to see people saying there is NO cc hair when there is in fact, they're just begging for something that might look silly in game.

Those look like basic edits to the maxis meshes, nothing like Newsea, Peggy, Rose etc hairs we are used to. They are nice, but they ca hardly compare to what could be done with alphas.
  • SnozzingSnozzing Posts: 4 New Member
    BUMP.
  • lunwelunwe Posts: 1 New Member
    Bump !!
  • _orangemittens__orangemittens_ Posts: 512 Member
    I guess all the bumps weren't enough so now we get a side of spam. :P