Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The child in my family hates her mother?

Anyone have a child that hates her parents? She gets angry whenever her mother is near her or uncomfortable. But she sure loves the dad, and is rarely around her.

Comments

• Options
    SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    I would assume there is a good chance it is related to traits, other than that, if you let them have free will they might have said some mean stuff to eachother when you weren't paying attention?
  • Options
    jadealixjadealix Posts: 788 Member
    SimKeats wrote: »
    I would assume there is a good chance it is related to traits, other than that, if you let them have free will they might have said some mean stuff to eachother when you weren't paying attention?

I normally control my sims, only time I am gone is for like 1 minute and that is to grab a snack. The mother is cheerful and family orientated.. so its a little confusing. Some of the families I have created have been kinda werid.
  • Options
    MagickatMagickat Posts: 38 Member
    That's a shame really, maybe she's just a moody from the start kinda sim. Maybe try and do group chats with the kid and her folks, to grow the social points slowly? Either that or it's just a clash of traits on both ends, which would be very unfortunate and really awkward for family get togethers.
  • Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    The title of your thread automatically makes me think of the film "the orphan" xD
  • Options
    SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    edited September 2014
    jadealix wrote: »
    SimKeats wrote: »

I normally control my sims, only time I am gone is for like 1 minute and that is to grab a snack. The mother is cheerful and family orientated.. so its a little confusing. Some of the families I have created have been kinda werid.

Its those weird stories ;-).
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Was she born in game or did you create her in CAS along with the family? If you can keep the new baby as a baby for a couple of days and have the parents interact with him/her, there's a good chance the child will be friends with the parents when he/she ages up. (My Sim's son was good friends with the Dad and friends with Mom when he aged up.) Oh, and if all the adults have to be gone at the same time, the baby automatically is sent to daycare, so no worries about the social worker coming to grab the kid for neglect and the parents aren't chained to the house and the crib.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    LewanaM00nLewanaM00n Posts: 321 Member
    I have a child who is insane and she always want to shoot at her dad but she never do that with her mom lol o.o
  • Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    PurpleM00n wrote: »
    I have a child who is insane and she always want to shoot at her dad but she never do that with her mom lol o.o

She knows who makes her dinner...
  • Options
    Paneth48Paneth48 Posts: 134 Member
    I blame video games..wait..
  • Options
    ericbatchelderericbatchelder Posts: 734 Member
    I hate my Mom, too. Gawd! This game is sooo real.
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    Every now and then when I'm concentrating on one Sim in the family, I'll come back to find the mother and daughter talking, with the daughter embarrassed ("Oh, Olivia, why did you have to say that!") and the mother scolding. I never know what it was Olivia said.
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    In real life, I hate my mother. I gave her many chances as an adult too, but she never could pull herself together. I'd say it's okay if a sim hates her mother. There's most likely a good reason. You could invent one, if you don't know why she hates her mother, and have fun with that story!
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    This happened to me too! My new family had three babies and the oldest daughter began avoiding her mother some days before she became a teenager even thought she hugged her dad occasionally and played games with her younger siblings. I love watching my Sims do things with the Free Will turned on, The Sims 4 sims are actually unpredictable in their behaviours, they remind me of The Sims 2 ones.
  • Options
    LightestsLightests Posts: 853 Member
    Anyone have a child that hates her parents? She gets angry whenever her mother is near her or uncomfortable. But she sure loves the dad, and is rarely around her.
    i think thats kinda awesome
    i've never had sims that hate their parents. it would make for an interesting story
    tumblr_n4lzmoWGk41s7cn3go1_400.gif
  • Options
    CabsCabs Posts: 127 Member
    The son in my family hates his dad as well. The dad is a townie with the insane trait and he sometimes has random mood swings and lashes out at other people, the mum never really minds but the kid is really affected by it. I try to have them do harmless interactions, but it's at point that even when they just chat, there will be a minus bar boce their heads. It's kinda sad, but then again I like that there are unpredictable elemens. We could always turn off free will, but I like it this way.
  • Options
    meggiewesmeggiewes Posts: 1,066 Member
    I don't have one of those yet, but I've only been playing one family hard so far. And since they are both family oriented (in their aspirations), they grow the relationship with their family really fast.
  • Options
    TDU90TDU90 Posts: 1,822 Member
    I dont see a problem. This happens in real life all the time. Some children have even murdered their own mom and dad :(
  • Options
    DizziestSimsDizziestSims Posts: 788 Member
    I hope when my Sim has children they don't hate him.
    That would break my heart.

But it's nice to see that they can develop that range of relationships.
    From the creator of Robinson Family, Dizziest Sims is a reboot of the storytelling series with all new family and friends! dizziestsims.com #DizziestSims
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    just play with it. some of yall are too emotionally invested. everything isn't always glitter. not to mention it's a sims game. doing enough positive interactions can raise the relationship out of red into green. you just have to be committed. so for the next few days all free time the mom and child should be interacting in which you control the dialogue and see if that alters their relationship.
  • Options
    munchie885 wrote: »
    The title of your thread automatically makes me think of the film "the orphan" xD

Oh no please don't lol. I never saw the movie, the movie cover said everything lol
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    I think it's painfully clear the child is either possessed by an evil demon or they're just cranky. Either way keep the child away from sharp objects.

Oh and Orphan was the one horror movie I can NEVER watch again. And I'm a horror movie holic (That even a word?)
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    THE CHILD IN MY FAMILY HATES HER MOTHER?

il_570xN.383026798_x0st.jpg

:p

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    Maybe if the mom hugs a million times, she will change her mind.
  • Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member

Not if the mom is Joan Crawford! >:)

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    Zolt65 wrote: »

Not if the mom is Joan Crawford! >:)

THE MOM IS NOT EVIL!!!!!!!!!