Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My brutally honest review of TS4

ceyricceyric Posts: 1,584 Member
TS4 came out a about week ago. I bought it (reluctantly) about a week ago. I was really worried that the forums would go into an apocalypse or something on Sept 2, but luckily, they've been calm and everyone seems to be enjoying the game. I know you're probably tired of seeing these, but here are my thoughts.

CAS was amazing, especially with the added life stages and the extra clothes. It was really fun to play with. BUild mode was also fantastic. When I finished creating my family and moved into the world, I was once again reminded of how painfully small it is. But I was determined to not let this damper my experience and I loaded up the game. The first thing I noticed when I loaded up was how bright and vibrant the world was. There were so many other sims for my sims to talk to, and that is a HUGE plus in my opinion.

I hated the camera controls though, so I switched it to TS3 camera.

The animations are super fluent and the game runs very well. I haven't experienced any lag yet and the world is simply gorgeous! It might not be open, but it sure does feel open and look open.

One of my absolute favorite things though were how kids were VASTLY improved from TS3. They actually have nice clothes and hair, and the family Interactions and the interactions they have with each other are great! They seem so much less robotic and so much more alive. I also love how homework now doesn't tank a kid's fun. (Same for teens!) Another great part about kids is how they have their own aspirations and skills. That was really great to see! And even though there are no family trees (which I will admit, I'm still kinda mad about) they seemed to make up for it by making them feel so much more like family.

I LOVED how they all sit together and talk together during a meal like real family does. I LOVE how you can give your teen the talk, or cuddle with your child on the couch and watch TV together. I LOVE how you can breastfeed babies, and how they are now in adorable onesies instead of those weird blankets. One thing that I really missed though, was toddlers. Watching my newborn transform into a child really sucked, and it took away the idea of progression from me. Hopefully they add them back in a patch, but I really doubt that.

I do have a complaint though.

I don't like how your sims are always constantly happy, or energized, or inspired! I wish they could be bored or angry or sad a lot more, the only negative emotions I seem to get are uncomfortable and embarrassed, and those are no fun to play with! The loading screens can get very annoying too, but the public spaces help a bit.

The new jobs also are a lot more interactive, but I wish we could get some normal ones as well. The community lots like the parks and bars were also packed, and I loved it. I honestly think the game has a lot of potential even with all of the missing features.

I still have to explore the game a lot more, as I haven't unlocked the secret lots and other things, but overall I am enjoying this game and it is fun to play with.

keep on keepin' on
Post edited by ceyric on

Comments

• ceyricceyric Posts: 1,584 Member
    Edited for spelling
    keep on keepin' on
  • camman1995camman1995 Posts: 900 Member
    edited September 2014
    If you want angry and sad, try making a Hot-Headed or Gloomy sim. Just don't decorate their house because the happy moodlets from decoration are absurdly powerful.
  • SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    I love the hot headed sims lol...even though I am not quite sure what exactly set's them off...besides maybe if they stay up too late then the mood drop's...but sometime's the red bar just appears so only my sim know's whats bugging him
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    The tone here is more mild than anything. I expected more brutality!
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • ceyricceyric Posts: 1,584 Member
    EasyToRead wrote: »

Lol yeah, if I was any more harsh I would get attacked for being a "troll" and a "hater."
    keep on keepin' on
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    chider1234 wrote: »
    Let's just hope the first EP isn't something like World Adventures! ;)
    Couldn't disagree with anything more than this ;-) I'd love an EP like that again.
    Different of course, but similar.

5JZ57S6.png
    chider1234 wrote: »
    EasyToRead wrote: »

Lol yeah, if I was any more harsh I would get attacked for being a "troll" and a "hater."
    No no don't conform to those people! You have the right to express your opinion as harshly as you can (within the forum rules).
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • thesims3andtwothesims3andtwo Posts: 4,643 Member
    You scared me for a minute with the words 'brutally'.
  • lbennilbenni Posts: 107 Member
    Writing was concise and succinct. Very nicely done... I give it two thumbs up.
    People will not remember what you did.
    People will not remember what you said.
    People will remember how you made them
    feel.
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    Thanks for your review! It was a very thoughtful one. I like that a lot of players are really enjoying their TS4 game. It gives me hope.

I do have one question about your opening statement: How does one go about "reluctantly" buying a luxury product :confused: --not poking fun, I'm genuinely curious.
  • PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    YOU CAN SWITCH TO TS3 CONTROLS????? :o

Why did I not know this sooner?
  • PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    How does one go about "reluctantly" buying a luxury product :confused: --not poking fun, I'm genuinely curious.
    LOL. I totally get "reluctantly" buying a game. Because for me, I was reluctant to spend a lot of money on a game I knew I wouldn't like 100%, that I knew would have bugs and need patching, yet I did it anyway because SHINY NEW and because I'm addicted to Sims. :p
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    Penelope wrote: »
    How does one go about "reluctantly" buying a luxury product :confused: --not poking fun, I'm genuinely curious.
    LOL. I totally get "reluctantly" buying a game. Because for me, I was reluctant to spend a lot of money on a game I knew I wouldn't like 100%, that I knew would have bugs and need patching, yet I did it anyway because SHINY NEW and because I'm addicted to Sims. :p

Interesting and confusing... but interesting!
  • ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    edited September 2014
    I'm glad you're enjoying it! I know you had some reservations before it came out.

I think the backdrops really don't get enough credit. I really like how well they work to make the world look richer.
    AXbI2jq.jpg
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
    You scared me for a minute with the words 'brutally'.
    I was more disappointed than anything.... :'(
    hEFcp6z.gif
    @EasyToRead

it's just that the negative reviews stay on the front page longer.
    @EasyToRead

it's just that the negative reviews stay on the front page longer.
    Of course with all the bickering although sometimes it's true for positive ones.
    hEFcp6z.gif
    @EasyToRead

sometimes.