Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Whoops! More Cheats for you guys

SimGuruGrantSimGuruGrant Posts: 392 SimGuru
Hi Simmers. As you guys know, we like to provide a variety of cheats for you in the game. Some of you play by your own rules and we like to encourage that. In addition to the cheats already published and shared with you, it turns out a few of our Development Cheats slipped in as well! Well, in addition to all the cheats we KNEW we shipped, it turns out we shipped a bunch of cheats that we didn't necessarily intend to ship. Oh well! More fun for you. Introducing a few more cheats for you to use!

For some back story, these cheats were created to do daily "Smoke Tests." We had to put in these cheats so the game could run on its own (OH NO SKYNET) without human intervention. Essentially, we run these smoke tests in the wee hours of the night while we aren't at work using our computers.

Quick Disclaimer: Cheats are cheats. Using these cheats takes you beyond the standard tuning and flow of gameplay so you may encounter hiccups or oddities. So please use cheats with caution! You’re going outside the standard flow so you may hit a hiccup or two. But, we’ve used these cheats extensively in development. For all of these you’ll need to open the command console (Ctrl + Shift + C).

Automatically Pay Bills: Do you hate bills? Fret no more.
|households.autopay_bills

Want to automatically answer dialogs that pop up on screen? This cheat will choose cancel if available or select between the choices given.
|ui.dialog.auto_respond

Do you want to complete your current Aspiration Milestone?
|aspirations.complete_current_milestone

Career Cheats – We have quite a few cheats for careers.

Want to add any career to your Sim?
|careers.add_career<name>

Want to get a demotion?
|careers.demote<name>

How about a promotion?
|careers.promote<name>

Want to quit?
|careers.remove_career<name>

For <name>, type the name of the career.

Want to speed up crafting? Or, something? This one’s not entirely obvious, but it can speed up some parts of crafting (painting, woodworking).
|crafting.shorten_phases

Want to fix everyone’s needs?
|sims.fill_all_commodities for just one Sim.

That’s for just one Sim.

|stats.fill_commodities_household for the household.
That’s for the household.

Want to add a specific amount of money? This will add the amount you specify to your family funds.
|sims.modify_funds <amount>

<amount> is the amount you want.

There’s also
|motherlode and |rosebud AND |kaching

Want to get rid of your Moodlets?
|sims.remove_all_buffs

Want to spawn random groups of Sims?
|sims.spawnsimple<#>

Replace <#> with the number you want. BE WARNED: If you put in a crazy number, the game will break.

MOVIE MAKERS. Want to disable headline FX? Note that this doesn’t remove plumbob.
|headlineeffects <on/off>

Have fun with these guys.
Post edited by SimGuruGrant on

Comments

• sholtxsholtx Posts: 832 Member
    Is there any way to get rid of plumbob?
    beXSQcW.jpg
  • Biggos6Biggos6 Posts: 412 Member
    Pinstar is going to love the sims.modify_funds one :3
  • sarahzsmylsarahzsmyl Posts: 1,307 Member
    @Biggos6, Yes he is. As soon as I saw it, I thought about him.
    Origin, Steam, PSN, XBL - FyreFlyeRush

• MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
    edited September 2014
    Is it possible to apply a death cheat? It would help for stories/role plays etc...
    It would also come in handy for population control as well soo yea. :O

And yes I like to watch disasters happen when my town overpopulates, that's what I did on sims 3.
    it applies !FUN! to the game. :D
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • OkuraiOkurai Posts: 5 New Member
    Is there any cheat for killing Sims easier? I'm having some hard time trying to starve them... Takes too long. :(
  • Biggos6Biggos6 Posts: 412 Member
    Is it possible to apply a death cheat? It would help for stories/role plays etc...

And yes I like to watch disasters happen when my town overpopulates, that's what I did on sims 3.

You can just use the manage worlds to manage overpopulation... no need to... exort to... mass..... that.
  • netguystevenetguysteve Posts: 470 Member
    Biggos6 wrote: »
    sarahzsmyl wrote: »

Yeah, I asked Christina about it a few days ago, but apparently the method of buying the suit of armor is by design. It increases your net worth, and therefore your bills. Manually lowering your funds would, therefore, make it easier which would be against the rules. :D

"UR" is NOT a word, it's the sound stupid people make when they try to spell "You are".
  • MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
    edited September 2014

You can just use the manage worlds to manage overpopulation... no need to... exort to... mass..... that.

How would that work? when I say that in sims 4 I ment towards the homeless sims.
    Atm my game has 120 homeless sims but with the total of 150+ sims with the ones that are living in a house.
    I still think applying disasters for pop control would be nice, atm not much has happened during my gameplay, no serious stuff, waaay too peaceful, but oh well.
    UNLESS they apply a cheat to increase/ decrease disaster chances!?
    if they did, I would increase chances by 5%, that there is enough. :O

Yes I like Artificial chaos, it amuses me because it's not real, as long it's not gory/ sadistic, it's all good. :D

Edit: I hope meteors will get added in one of the expansions, those DO wonders for POP control. :D
    Post edited by MoonCrossWarrior22 on
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • sarahzsmylsarahzsmyl Posts: 1,307 Member
    sarahzsmyl wrote: »

Yeah, I asked Christina about it a few days ago, but apparently the method of buying the suit of armor is by design. It increases your net worth, and therefore your bills. Manually lowering your funds would, therefore, make it easier which would be against the rules. :D

Dang!!! They took too long to show him this cheat, and he liked the challenge of the bills. I foresee many a Sim day without electricity, lol. Are the TS4 Legacy rules up yet? (checks) Yay!!! They are!!! Going to have to give this a whirl. Sucks with no Service Sims, though...and I totally high jacked this thread. Apologies.
    Origin, Steam, PSN, XBL - FyreFlyeRush

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top