After 33 horrible hours of copying and installing, I was finally ready to play Sims 4.
But no, my computer proved me wrong. Everytime I start Sims 4 I get the message ''Sims 4 has stopped working.''
The play button turns grey for a couple of seconds and it looks like there's gonna happen something, because in the corner of my desktop a tiny screen is trying to appear, it seems. It stays there for 5 seconds and then I get the message ''Sims 4 has stopped working.''
My laptop is a little old, but Sims 3 and Sims 4 CAS-demo work perfectly fine, so I assumed the game itself should too. My computer runs on Windows 7 Ultimate.
I've tried a lot of things;
1. reinstalling Origin and Sims
2. run as administrator
3. run in compatibility mode
4. run in windowed mode
5. run in offline mode
6. cleared the Origin caches
7. deleted my Sims 4 folder (which it dóes create in the 5 seconds of starting)
8. Clean Boot
10. created a new account
11. created a new profile on my computer
12. turned off firewall
13. whitelisted the activationUI.exe
14. system check (no errors found)
15. repaired the game in Origin (no errors found)
16. updated the game
17. updated my drives
18. disabled UAC
19. visual redistributables updated
20. updated directX
I'm pretty sure I forget a couple of other options I've tried too. This is keeping me busy for about 2 whole days now.
I'm really desperate and I'm thinking of returning the game.
Does somebody has found a solution?
I have my DxDiag ready, if someone thinks it's usefull ..