Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Script Call Failed, Can't Place Item

My Sim made a tub out of wood, I dunno why.
W3wYfYQ.png

It was in the Family Inventory and I am trying to place it in their bathroom but every time I set it down it says this. Any help?

Comments

• ChubbyKatzeChubbyKatze Posts: 564 Member
    I tried to reset and I tried to send my Sim to a different lot to see if that helped when he returned home but the game just crashed lol I'll give it credit though, first time it has.
  • FosoSamFosoSam Posts: 637 Member
    Have you tried to place it again after restarting your game?
    It's possible that the game just lost track of where to 'look' for the script that controls object placement in the game's code.

Otherwise, it may be a problem with the object itself (which means that you'd just have to wait for EA to patch it)
    q6goV2s.png
    Officially blocked by @SimsVIP on Twitter!
    I tried again after restarting the game, it did the same thing. So I sold it (it sold for over a thousand § so I was pretty happy about that, it only costs §377 to make) and I made another one. This one has the same issue. I think this is just a bug I have.
    aomxA8Z.gif
  • FosoSamFosoSam Posts: 637 Member
    I tried again after restarting the game, it did the same thing. So I sold it (it sold for over a thousand § so I was pretty happy about that, it only costs §377 to make) and I made another one. This one has the same issue. I think this is just a bug I have.
    aomxA8Z.gif

It could be, although it's best to have someone else check just in case.
    I'll get a test family going and see if I get the same issue.
    q6goV2s.png
    Officially blocked by @SimsVIP on Twitter!
    I might take it a step further and have another family try it out as well and see if it still happens. if it still happens to you let me know though (when you can, it's fantastic enough for you to even volunteer, honestly) the problem is I can't really level up families as fast as others because of real life stuff. (I don't feel comfortable cheating in the beginning of a game lol)
  • rndmwiteduderndmwitedude Posts: 1 New Member
    Funny, I've got the same problem. Finally made an Excellent quality tub, and it just gives me Script Call Failed.
    I tried it on a different family today (finally) and it won't let me place it at all. I wonder if there is just something wrong with the wooden tub.
  • DarkrajinDarkrajin Posts: 8 New Member
    I had the same problem just now, the good bath was fine, but the excellent one can't be placed.
    Hmm,. I haven't made anything better than 'Good', if I can manage it I will try. I think for now though, I would rather just buy one and plop it in :/
  • smaptistersmaptister Posts: 1 New Member
    Have you guys found anything new? I know this is an old post, but My wooden tubs won't place either. :( Mine are all excellent - I didn't start with woodworking until I had maxed the build/repair skill through repairs and improvements.
  • trintastictrintastic Posts: 323 Member
    I just checked, and I'm experiencing the same thing as Darkrajin. I had two tubs in inventory, one Good and one Excellent. Good places fine, Excellent gives the "Script call failed" error.
  • JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    Geez, people that is a confirmed bug.
    It's not fixed yet.
    Since the wooden tub is not as good as the best one in buymode, it's pretty minor annoyance and as such is probably on the bottom of "to fix" list.
    Wait till it's addressed.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Excellent-Quality-Bathtub-Script-Call-Failed/m-p/3457013
  • ZloytlZloytl Posts: 78 Member
    I am having the same error but with beds I can place the log bed from out door expansion but no other bed at all
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Such a minor annoyance to expect the game to actually work. How dare we!
  • ScarletQueenKatScarletQueenKat Posts: 792 Member
    edited March 2015
    Zloytl wrote: »
    I am having the same error but with beds I can place the log bed from out door expansion but no other bed at all

@Zloytl - Probably would've been a better idea for you to make your own topic (or find an existing one for the beds) since this is an old thread.

If you have mods, remove them. That sounds like the problem people that have the "All beds same comfort" mod have. Mods always need to be pulled out before an update and only put back in when the creators verify they're compatible.

🌹 Scarlet's Mod List - Includes ALL mods, links to their latest versions, last updated dates, sorting options, and more!
  • RyckRyck Posts: 214 Member
    I had this problem too and it was with an item I placed in inventory in Granite Falls. I got the script error and couldn't place. It fixed itself for some reason when I visted Granite falls again. It was like the game was throwing a script error for Granite Falls items unless I was in Granite Falls.
  • Gunchap RedGunchap Red Posts: 5 New Member
    I have the same problem too, except mine was with the wall tv's. ANd its not just the unlockable one that i got a mod to unlock, all of the other wall tv's do have the same problem.
  • praxis22praxis22 Posts: 19 Member
    > @Gunchap Red said:
    > I have the same problem too, except mine was with the wall tv's. ANd its not just the unlockable one that i got a mod to unlock, all of the other wall tv's do have the same problem.

Me too, I had TV's on the wall, I patched, now they're in the inventory and I can't add any new ones. The little desktop TV works though.
  • filipe231291filipe231291 Posts: 17 Member
    I'm having the same issue with TV's, as when I place them, they give me a Script Call Failed. The only TV I can place is the one that came with Get to Work. And they're the only thing I need to complete a house for Newcrest :(
  • emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    I personally think it's a leak of an item from a upcoming DLC pack tht accidently sneaked in. Then it wouldn't run because it was incomplete. Or it could be a bug
    I'm having the same issue with TV's, as when I place them, they give me a Script Call Failed. The only TV I can place is the one that came with Get to Work. And they're the only thing I need to complete a house for Newcrest :(

feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    emmaning wrote: »
    I personally think it's a leak of an item from a upcoming DLC pack tht accidently sneaked in. Then it wouldn't run because it was incomplete. Or it could be a bug

It is a glitch, it has nothing to do with leaked content "sneaking in". (what?)
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    edited June 2015
    I just checked all the TVs in my game and had no problem placing any of them. I would suggest removing your mods, if you have any, and trying again.

I have TS4 Limited Edition with all updates, Holiday Celebration Pack, Outdoor Retreat, and Get To Work. I don't have the Digital Deluxe Upgrade or the Luxury Party Stuff Pack. It's possible that the problem with TVs comes from the stuff pack if it's not being caused by a mod.
  • bumpastickabumpasticka Posts: 3 New Member
    I have thousands of CC items in my game. I developed the TV placement problem and went on a witch hunt. After hours and hours of elimination testing I finally narrowed the problem down to the file: "DrChillgood-SomeUpgradedTVsAndStereos.package." If you have this file please remove it and all will be well again -- or at least it was for me.
  • SimlustSimlust Posts: 1 New Member
    > @bumpasticka said:
    > I have thousands of CC items in my game. I developed the TV placement problem and went on a witch hunt. After hours and hours of elimination testing I finally narrowed the problem down to the file: "DrChillgood-SomeUpgradedTVsAndStereos.package." If you have this file please remove it and all will be well again -- or at least it was for me.

Thank you! I've been deleting any mods I found were outdated on google since I encountered the TV error last night. Then I found that one and now I can finally enjoy Newcrest!
  • MerrySardMerrySard Posts: 97 Member
    > @bumpasticka said:
    > I have thousands of CC items in my game. I developed the TV placement problem and went on a witch hunt. After hours and hours of elimination testing I finally narrowed the problem down to the file: "DrChillgood-SomeUpgradedTVsAndStereos.package." If you have this file please remove it and all will be well again -- or at least it was for me.

I am going to try this and see if it fixes the problem in my game.