Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

@SimGuruModSquad Bugs that prevent mods from running?

I don't know if @SimGuruModSquad will work for me, as even though I've had my account for a while, I've not made any posts on this forum. However, I'm just curious what this bug is, and why it is it's preventing the example mods, and any mods for that matter, from running out of the box? It's peculiar to me that this wasn't picked up during playtesting. Was the mod system not tested out before release?

Comments

• Options
    simfeetundersimfeetunder Posts: 2,260 Member
    It isn't based on time or number of posts so much as "points", you can see how many points you have on your profile. You need 50 before @ works as well as links and images.

@SimGuruModSquad
    HSon1Mq.png
  • Options
    SimGuruModSquadSimGuruModSquad Posts: 597 Member
    The bugs are my fault, I made a few test mods but the scripts were overrides (not new script) and the packaged tuning files I inadvertently used were binary tuning file (which work out of .package files) and not xml tuning (which have the bug). So our testing department gave them the thumbs up even though the examples I gave did not fully test the feature.

Subsequently we discovered the bugs, but it was too late to get those fixes into the game for launch.

There is nothing special about the bugs, they were relatively straightforward to fix - we just missed them.

We did not want to hold up providing the documentation to you guys, so chose to provide the workarounds until we can get the fixes out to you.
  • Options
    jcman772jcman772 Posts: 2 New Member
    > @simfeetunder said:
    > It isn't based on time or number of posts so much as "points", you can see how many points you have on your profile. You need 50 before @ works as well as links and images.
    >
    > SimGuruModSquad
    Oh, thanks for that.

> @SimGuruModSquad said:
    > The bugs are my fault, I made a few test mods but the scripts were overrides (not new script) and the packaged tuning files I inadvertently used were binary tuning file (which work out of .package files) and not xml tuning (which have the bug). So our testing department gave them the thumbs up even though the examples I gave did not fully test the feature.
    >
    > Subsequently we discovered the bugs, but it was too late to get those fixes into the game for launch.
    >
    > There is nothing special about the bugs, they were relatively straightforward to fix - we just missed them.
    >
    > We did not want to hold up providing the documentation to you guys, so chose to provide the workarounds until we can get the fixes out to you.
    Ah, I see. Out of curiosity, are you just one person or a "Mod Squad" as your name presumes?
  • Options
    KitOnlyHumanKitOnlyHuman Posts: 2,586 Member
    jcman772 wrote: »
    > @simfeetunder said:<br />
    > It isn't based on time or number of posts so much as "points", you can see how many points you have on your profile. You need 50 before @ works as well as links and images.<br />
    > <br />
    > SimGuruModSquad<br />
    Oh, thanks for that.<br />
    <br />
    > @SimGuruModSquad said:<br />
    > The bugs are my fault, I made a few test mods but the scripts were overrides (not new script) and the packaged tuning files I inadvertently used were binary tuning file (which work out of .package files) and not xml tuning (which have the bug). So our testing department gave them the thumbs up even though the examples I gave did not fully test the feature.<br />
    > <br />
    > Subsequently we discovered the bugs, but it was too late to get those fixes into the game for launch.<br />
    > <br />
    > There is nothing special about the bugs, they were relatively straightforward to fix - we just missed them.<br />
    > <br />
    > We did not want to hold up providing the documentation to you guys, so chose to provide the workarounds until we can get the fixes out to you.<br />
    Ah, I see. Out of curiosity, are you just one person or a "Mod Squad" as your name presumes?

They have confirmed that there are more than one with access to the account. =)
  • Options
    pboxpbox Posts: 630 Member
    They have confirmed that there are more than one with access to the account. =)

Probably the person who produced the most bugs got volunteered into dealing with the angry mob as a result .. =p

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4