Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Death By Old Age in The Sims 4!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_e2-S-EhVo

What do you think? I like it, even if the grim reaper takes forever to take his soul.
keep on keepin' on

Comments

• EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    Grimmy needs a newer generation tablet and then maybe it won't take as long. >:)
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • KittenkissKittenkiss Posts: 1,047 Member
    The dying emotion was alright.

Highly amused that the lady walked over to the corpse....and watered the plant. LOL
  • RinilexRinilex Posts: 3,048 Member
    I'm not sure what to make of him lying down on the floor like he's taking a nap...
  • DuruialDuruial Posts: 77 Member
    Kittenkiss wrote: »

Highly amused that the lady walked over to the corpse....and watered the plant. LOL

Just because a man dies is no reason to let the plant die :)
    Carthago delenda est
  • colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    Duruial wrote: »

True that. :D
  • KittenkissKittenkiss Posts: 1,047 Member
    Duruial wrote: »

Quite right. :)
  • RainbowSimQueenRainbowSimQueen Posts: 1,227 Member
    I don't really like the way death is being handled right now. Other sims show no emotion which is weird considering the selling point for this game was "emotions". My sims husband died on the front lawn of their house early in the morning. Their 2 children just walked right by their deceased father on the ground. No emotion at all. But let you forget to celebrate a birthday and sims get super sad. I don't get it.
  • solarfairy77solarfairy77 Posts: 265 Member
    I thought this game was about EMOTIONS I think my sims cried more over death in Sims 3 than in this game....
  • JayFireflyJayFirefly Posts: 427 Member
    His clothes are awesome in this game.
  • kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    Eh, it's not very dramatic. It's very bland. And why does Grim take forever to take his soul? Distracted by the iPad there, Grimmy?
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Was the grim reaper using an computer tablet? :o
  • mwadmanmwadman Posts: 104 Member
    My sim cried and moped around for days after he boyfriend died. They weren't engaged or married. Just boyfriend/girlfriend and she wouldn't stop crying! She would even stop cooking or writing to go mourn at his urn. I started thinking "Goodness! Get over it already!"
  • AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    kirby356 wrote: »
    Eh, it's not very dramatic. It's very bland. And why does Grim take forever to take his soul? Distracted by the iPad there, Grimmy?

"Just a sec lemme just finish this level of Candy Crush"
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
  • KShannonKShannon Posts: 223 Member
    I don't really like the way death is being handled right now. Other sims show no emotion which is weird considering the selling point for this game was "emotions". My sims husband died on the front lawn of their house early in the morning. Their 2 children just walked right by their deceased father on the ground. No emotion at all. But let you forget to celebrate a birthday and sims get super sad. I don't get it.
    It definitely feels like an oversight. My sim died in front of his wife and four kids, and they all went about their day as if nothing had happened.
  • AoralysAoralys Posts: 572 Member
    It didn't look like a grave or urn was left. In other deaths I have seen an urn was left behind, was there nothing because he died of old age, or was it just blocked in the video? The urns I have seen are quite large, so I'm unsure why I couldn't see one.

I do hope they address the lack of emotions for both death and seeing Death. They need to have fear added to the game if it is not there already. They also need to up death, if you saw someone die in front of you outside, you would react, whether you knew the person or not.
    I remember an interview with someone who worked on the Original sims that said to make sims rush to the phone when it rang no matter what they were doing, they made the phone seem like it would fulfill all needs and was the most attractive item so that every sim would be interested in it. This seems like a tactic they could utilize for dead/dying sims to get people over to them and concerned. Then afterwards, the sim can go back to whatever need they have to fulfill.
  • camman1995camman1995 Posts: 900 Member
    Aoralys wrote: »
    It didn't look like a grave or urn was left. In other deaths I have seen an urn was left behind, was there nothing because he died of old age, or was it just blocked in the video? The urns I have seen are quite large, so I'm unsure why I couldn't see one.

I do hope they address the lack of emotions for both death and seeing Death. They need to have fear added to the game if it is not there already. They also need to up death, if you saw someone die in front of you outside, you would react, whether you knew the person or not.
    I remember an interview with someone who worked on the Original sims that said to make sims rush to the phone when it rang no matter what they were doing, they made the phone seem like it would fulfill all needs and was the most attractive item so that every sim would be interested in it. This seems like a tactic they could utilize for dead/dying sims to get people over to them and concerned. Then afterwards, the sim can go back to whatever need they have to fulfill.

I just pictured some poor TS1 sim exclaiming "THE PHONE WILL SAVE ME FROM STARVING TO DEATH!"

More to the point, with a clever trick like that as far back as TS1 I'm surprised that that isn't the way it works here. Surely free will still operates on a principle of fulfilling whatever need is the lowest.
  • DatkidDatkid Posts: 430 Member
    *Man dies* Gotta water the plants so they don't die too.
    Have a look at my gallery yeah? JUMANJIKID
    ap2le.gif
    Datkid wrote: »
    *Man dies* Gotta water the plants so they don't die too.

"Eh. He is a goner, it is not like I can help him anyway, but these plants can still see the next day if I keep watering them"
    6724061.png
  • GarvelleGrantGarvelleGrant Posts: 390 Member
    I'm guessing it the reason for the non-reaction is the level of relationship sims have... will test this theory when my family's patriarch dies, he's a goner any day now... I got a warning when he and his vivacious younger wife woohoo'd, that he needed to take it easy and elders don't have much stamina anymore... Oh lawd! Of all the deaths I choose Death by Woohoo
    Sexy Socialite

1KuFGd.gif
  • AgnesAgnes Posts: 225 Member
    The animation for the death scene, I'm not sure I like it. I've been scoping the forums for awhile and I was at least hoping this would be good...I mean I love death, which is why I don't understand why it seems so stale to me now. Maybe because people were falling asleep while this person passed away from them.. Or perhaps because Death was messing around on a tablet.

I never understood the cellphone aspect TS4 is using. Is it to be a joke or life lesson by presenting people with their cellphone obsessions? I see people all the time at restaurants in which, I assume are dates, and one of them is texting like crazy on their phone while the other occupant looks miserable. It's so sad. Is this Death a representation of that annoyance? So busy with his tablet that hes too lazy to bring another person to the other side? I think its silly and a bad play on designs.

I missed the old interaction that Grim would shake hands with the person that was passing on. It was a sort of happy way of saying goodbye to the Sim I worked hard on.

Sorry if I'm rambling...This is why I always avoided making an account!
    Unacceptable!
    tumblr_mtmsysCU6f1qzp9weo1_250.gif

I'm guessing it the reason for the non-reaction is the level of relationship sims have... will test this theory when my family's patriarch dies, he's a goner any day now... I got a warning when he and his vivacious younger wife woohoo'd, that he needed to take it easy and elders don't have much stamina anymore... Oh lawd! Of all the deaths I choose Death by Woohoo

Wait. Sims can actually die by woohoo? Or is it just death by ~emotion~ like getting too playful or something like that?
    6724061.png
  • TheNestTheNest Posts: 117 Member
    The lack of music to the death was rather disappointing. It was funny when the skill-up(?) tune played while Grimmy was there. The TS2 and TS3 Old Age Death animations were much better.
  • sweetest85sweetest85 Posts: 194 Member
    Yeah I think they need to tweak some emotions. My sims are completely devastated if no one celebrates their birthday but I just had a sim's mother die of old age and her emotion didn't change what so ever, there wasn't even a little ticker showing any knowledge of her death besides the big ole urn laying on the floor.
    XiVt5EK.jpgXiVtm4.png

• wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    How do I use this thing? No. Nope. That's not... ah forget it! *takes the sim's soul.*
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • camman1995camman1995 Posts: 900 Member
    Agnes wrote: »
    The animation for the death scene, I'm not sure I like it. I've been scoping the forums for awhile and I was at least hoping this would be good...I mean I love death, which is why I don't understand why it seems so stale to me now. Maybe because people were falling asleep while this person passed away from them.. Or perhaps because Death was messing around on a tablet. <br />
    <br />
    I never understood the cellphone aspect TS4 is using. Is it to be a joke or life lesson by presenting people with their cellphone obsessions? I see people all the time at restaurants in which, I assume are dates, and one of them is texting like crazy on their phone while the other occupant looks miserable. It's so sad. Is this Death a representation of that annoyance? So busy with his tablet that hes too lazy to bring another person to the other side? I think its silly and a bad play on designs.<br />
    <br />
    I missed the old interaction that Grim would shake hands with the person that was passing on. It was a sort of happy way of saying goodbye to the Sim I worked hard on. <br />
    <br />
    Sorry if I'm rambling...This is why I always avoided making an account!

It's like his clipboard was in The Sims 2.

Granted in TS2 he also greeted elders dying of old age either with an hour glass that had run out (if they didn't lead fulfilling lives) or hula zombies (if they did).