Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Base Game Bug Thread - Please read the first post before posting

Comments

• tgoldie4tgoldie4 Posts: 154 Member
    Someone may have posted this already but my babies keep coming out like the babies with bad CC in TS3

1. No
    2. No
    3. Windows 8.1
    4. Download
  • MadeULookMadeULook Posts: 13 New Member
    New Bug. I can't pay my bills now. Every time I click "Pay Bills" it appears in my queue but immediately disappears before anything happens. So I'm stuck not being able to pay my bills.

No mods or Cc.
    Windows 7 64 Bit
    Origin Digital
  • PurpleSammichPurpleSammich Posts: 1 New Member
    edited September 2014
    The skill point keeps hovering over the sim after I exit out of it. Like if a sim leaves the chess table, the skill point thing still hovers over him for the whole day until s/he sleeps and wakes up.

Also my shower stayed on after my sims got out until I reloaded the game.

Only bugs I've run into so far

And no mods or cc or anything like that.
    Windows 8.1 64bit
    Origin Digital.
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    encountered a bug tonight

win 7
    vanilla inspiron 560
    chipset 43/45 {game graphics set on high}
    digital download
    no mods
    no cc
    nor have I borrowed anything from the gallery yet
    roughly 5 hours of game play {massive uni load & long days or I'd have played a bit more}
    loading & travel time appear to be normal

The problem I encountered may or may not be related to the travel to park stuck sim glitch.

On sim day 1 I took sim and wife to the park, then brought them home both interacted with everything normally. Next sim day, husband got stuck while evolving one of his vegetable plants.

Wasn't thinking decided to try having him + kids travel; game stuck on the loading screen. I should have tried reset sim first.
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • WallinWallin Posts: 2,243 Member
    This is minor in the grand scheme of things, but twice tonight I had two different Sims get into the bathtub, but suddenly became fully clothed after they got undressed and climbed into the tub.

2xnByU9.jpg

khstOk6.jpg

Both times when this happened, the a Sim autonomously used the tub and shooed people out of the room when one or more other Sims were already in there. As a side note in case it's somehow relevant, the female Sim was Renaissance Sim - Family-Oriented, Nerd, Bro, and the male Sim was Bodybuilder - Genius, Self-Assured, Geek. The male does have a CC shirt that I created, but he was not wearing it at the time of the incident, and he's taken baths before without it happening. I have no other CC, or any mods in my game.

You see this happen in a past broadcast on my Twitch channel at times 45:15 (I didn't actually call it out until 45:50, but before that you can see the Sim in the background get in, and a moment later as I move around she's fully clothed) and again at 2:00:35 (http://www.twitch.tv/wallingaming/b/564962789).
  • mojot89mojot89 Posts: 10,041 Member
    edited September 2014
    I have no mods (never had them), no CC, win 8.1 and the DVD version. When my sims got married, the last names of the sims didn't change.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12574702#Comment_12574702
  • amster77amster77 Posts: 4 New Member
    When painting, SHIFT (which normally covers all connected area) now paints both sides of the wall, and sometimes randomly misses panels. My inside paint kept going over the outside siding ... argh.

Also, my Sim portraits near their emotions were disappearing for a while - no lag or anything, just ... gone. And then after a bit, they came back ???

Everything else has gone rather smoothly so far.
  • MateishaMateisha Posts: 14 New Member
    Simple; My sim can't get writer's block for the aspiration requirement. She is level 8 without getting it once - I have even tried placing her in a room with no emotional aura items.
  • H1H05H1H1H05H1 Posts: 7 New Member
    edited September 2014
    Got married during a wedding party but it didn't count towards the main goal tried to do it again but it show them as married. Then the goals could not be met.

No mods.
    Two custom content items but nether in use.
  • khynneakhynnea Posts: 265 Member
    Two things; one new, one repeat. Same install data; vanilla, win 7/64, origin dl

1. another gardening puddle with planter boxes. i may put some things in the ground to see if puddles accumulate with ground-based planting.

2. relationships are not maintained/grown (and outright deteriorate into nothingness) when using chat on slablet. not sure if this is working-as-intended or not. you'd think it's a bug since contact with a friend/acquaintance is contact, but it might be WAI.
  • RayneVixenRayneVixen Posts: 1 New Member
    After the first day at school for my teen sims, she came home but at the status hangs as if she is at school making in impossible to control the sims. You can give her a few orders but you can't check her status or some actions are impossible (like opening the fridge).

Restting the sims doesn't work.
    I got into CaS with a dresser and it didn't work

I have the downloaded digital deluxe version, playing on windows 7.
    No mods, no custom content.

(I made a screenshot but I need to wait till I can upload it here)
  • carla70carla70 Posts: 575 Member
    edited September 2014
    I have
    Windows 8.1
    Intel core i7-3770
    CPU 3.40 GHz
    16 GB Ram
    64bit processor
    Geforce GTX 660

I edited the park from game I added the enlarge cheat for the toys and placed alot around the park . Kids play with the huge toys and drag them around. (unusual but that isn't the problem) I noticed that the fountain would disappear and the lake in the back disappeared as well. I have the park in the gallery under girofmagic if you want to test it out.

No MODS
    No CC
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited September 2014
    UPDATE

Hi Guys,

this is currently not working out for me. I'm really sorry. I don't know how to keep up and the way this forum works, it's a pain to edit anything.

I've worked out a solution with the guys over at AHQ and I'm currently setting everything up over there. I'll let you know how it will works when it's set up.

I won't be answering any of the new posts made but I will go through your issues and add them to to the new thread. You're welcome to post here a little while longer but if you can, hold off for now and report later.

Here is something you could do to lessen to the load. Doing this the past days showed that many things either resolved themselves or people had to come back and make another post saying they solved it and then I had to link both. Since I'm answering chronologically I often found myself typing up an an answer that laster wasn't necessary at all.
    • Don't post every other hour. Collect your bugs for yourself and write them down in a text file. Try to get the bugs resolved with the tips given and carry on playing.
    • When your done with a play session/day, make 1 post what you found. List everything and try to explain what you did.
    • If you had a bug that you solved yourself, please share the solution too
    • Don't report every detail. Try to weigh them: Are they game breaking ? Do they just bother you ? Can you solve it easily ? Are you sure it's a bug and not something you simply misunderstood ?
    • Make your own threads first and discuss your problems with others. When you come to the conclusion, that it is a bug, report with a link to your thread.
    • Check the second post where I have linked my answers. If you made a post after those, feel free to edit your posts instead of making a new one. I'll usually do go back to the last post that says --- UPDATED THROUGH HERE ---. So edit if you posted after that.

That said, I do appreciate everyone helping out here and posting so much but I fear, I didn't count on how this new forum works before I signed up for the job.

Stay tuned for further details.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• ShadoShyrkeShadoShyrke Posts: 57 Member
    edited September 2014
    Clothing: Female - Thigh High stockings are only available for formal and everyday clothing, while there is a lingerie Sleep outfit with garter straps and yet thigh high stockings are not available to Sleep outfits. This means that I can only assign sporty regular socks to a lingerie outfit?
    What's the point of having the outfit if it can't be a "complete" outfit. For the flirty "classy" snobbish female Sim, it seems to be a bit counter productive to only have the choice of sporty socks and bunny slippers to finish a classy Sleep look.

That should earn the "Loser" emote.

This is either an oversight or a bug. I chose to think it is a bug.

No CC or Mods, Windows 8.1, Origin Deluxe Digital version (prepurchased).
  • MermaidMermaid Posts: 16 New Member
    edited September 2014
    crinrict wrote: »

@Mermaid: You mean as in the censor doesn't go away ?

Yes and then the censor is spread on their whole body,you can't even see their face.It's all blurry
    I tried resetting them but it didn't work. I tried going to the mirror and going to CAS(all I did was go to CAS and click accept without making any changes) and sometimes that works but only temporarily.
  • LightestsLightests Posts: 853 Member
    i tried getting my sim to read to his child and after reading for a while they stopped talking and the dad just looked at the book while the child watched him (it still counted toward the aspiration)
    i couldn't cancel the dad from reading, but i was able to cancel the daughters interaction
    tumblr_n4lzmoWGk41s7cn3go1_400.gif
  • toxictwinkietoxictwinkie Posts: 20 New Member
    edited September 2014
    I am having an issue with 'missing save files'. I play my game for a few hours, exit, the come back into and no evidence of a saved game to be found. Its goes into 'new game mode'. Even though clearly I had a previous save before.

I have now posted this issue to twitter to one of the Sim Gurus. Its worth a shot to see whats going on and whether there is going to be a patch to fix this. Hopefully.
    Post edited by toxictwinkie on
    edited September 2014
    If you don't see an answer, I've probably added your issue to the NEW thread that's coming over at AnswerHQ. Please stay tuned for details on that. I just wanted to finish off with this one.

If I missed an issue, please feel free to restate over there.

If you have stuck items, go traveling or reset your sim.

@camimh: I haven't added since sounds like another of this GUI failure issues. Did you try reloading your game ?

@NYDavis: Since we don't know yet how we can get rid of stuff like that, I don't know what you could do. I'll keep an eye out for a solution but didn't add.

Not sure if your other issue is a bug as such ? Waiting for more reports.

@AmbsSim: Does this help your issue: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/all-my-saved-sims-are-gone/

@Gothfortune: Please don't make me go look for stuff. Could you at least post what you've changed ?

@TheBerto2010: Not sure what the requirements are for that but do you have them all ?

TBC
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Hroun_88Hroun_88 Posts: 12 New Member
    edited September 2014
    Going to copy paste from my reddit post in the stickied thread. :)

Bug: Sometimes the settings to turn on/off individual songs don't seem to be persistent and reset every so often.

Bug: If you have a setup of three counters, one with a sink, one empty, and one with a coffee machine, sometimes sims will have an issue with routing and refuse to prepare a meal.

Bug: Sims will sometimes prioritize preparing food on other counters over the one unlocked by the culinary profession even if the other counters are in another room (attached to a bar for example).

Bug: Maids tend to stand idle for hours sometimes, I recall this also being an issue in TS3. They also seem to clean the house almost every time your active sim visits another lot and also when planning outfits/changing appearance, regardless of time of day.

Bug/Not sure if intended: Work outfits seems to force usage of "Everyday 1"'s hairstyle.

Bug/Not sure if intended: When writing a book, sometimes the automated name can be the same as a previously written book that you are still receiving royalties for. Also the database that automated book names are taken from is very small, resulting in "Enter Book Name" after a very small handful of books written. (Might not affect most who choose to make funny book names, but for those who lack the patience to repeatedly come up with names may get a little peeved)

Bug: Caterer AI is a little wonky at times, they begin to prepare a dish and then stop midway for no apparent reason. They were not involved in any conversation, nor were they shouting routing errors. They may then proceed to start over with a new dish.

Bug: Two "Ask to leave" interactions when using the new context-sensitive interaction menu. (Not sure if one is friendlier than the other, but still there is lack of such indication.)

Bug: NPC sims tend to stay in their outfit from previous social events, meaning you may very well see your neighbors rocking the hot dog look weeks after that costume party. (Also applies to Athletic outfits when visiting gym)
    Bug: When on the treadmill with mentor aside my sim, she eventually "popped" off the treadmill, appearing next to it. When told to use the treadmill again, she gave a positive reaction animation with an empty thought-bubble, however, she could not use the treadmills again until the lot was reloaded. (She wasn't fatigued and still had the energized emotion active)

Bug: Quoting from Jisordy's post "A bug I have found is that when my sim is at work, and her mood changes, whatever code makes time go faster stops working and it goes into normal mode."

Would seem that this also is affected by the maid by design, however, the game does not always automatically re-enable the super-fast speed when she has left the lot, meaning that with some career choices, the wait until the sim is home is unfortunately quite long and dull. (Also applies to visitors who were waiting outside the front door and also any visitor who was already inside the house when the sim leaves for work.)

Origin Digital Deluxe,
    No Mods,
    No CC,
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64,
    Intel i5 2500k,
    nVidia GTX 780.
    Post edited by Hroun_88 on
  • leosgrl88leosgrl88 Posts: 23 Member
    @crinrict wrote

@leosgrl88: I can't even count how many times that was posted as a bug in the Sims 3 threads. I doubt it is a bug

Thanks for the answer crinrict. I will keep playing to see if anyone will have female babies in game. Hope so. :)

@leosgrl88: What traits does he have ?

If you are asking about the man who was caught cheating.....His traits are Genius, Goofball, Neat and Alluring. His Wife traits are Music Lover, Outgoing, Muser and Creative.

Her Moodlet (she is VERY angry) states Angry +3 Unfaithful Love - Jennifer's significant other has cheated on her and she thought the relationship was headed somewhere. She will be in the mood for 2 days I believe and some interesting actions are now available to her while very angry.

I saw where several other people had posted that this was a bug and couldn't happen.....not in my game. I had the husband invite over someone, flirt with her (no response from wife) then finally Whoo Hoo. The wife walked in on the Whoo Hoo (can't remember if it was automatic or I made her) and she became LIVID .

The husband did not stop what he was doing nor did he get a moodlet for being caught cheating (not sure if he was suppose to but you would think so) and afterwards, he had no actions that would indicate he was apologetic to his wife. I did however, find that she could chew him out, rant and rave, divorce and etc.

I plan on playing with that family again today to test the waters some more.

Happy Simming everyone.
    edited September 2014
    Not commenting on deformed baby bug. EA is fixing

@GurlGamer05: I don't think that is a bug. They are related but their relationship is so good that they are a friends

@MckinneyMini: I've added most of your issues. Do you mean just the down scrolling or in general ?

@daisylee910: Been reported. Blog post coming about that.

@cotter2: What traits does your child have have ?

@Vlydia713: Seems to be a common issue. Blog post to follow. Mind did dance to the jukebox as far as I remember

@mwdonohue: Do you have something above the stove ?

@MCaroll: Are they not in your family inventory ?

tbc

AHQ Tutorial

• MckinneyMiniMckinneyMini Posts: 456 Member

@GurlGamer05: I don't think that is a bug. They are related but their relationship is so good that they are a friends

@MckinneyMini: I've added most of your issues. Do you mean just the down scrolling or in general ?

@Vlydia713: Seems to be a common issue. Blog post to follow. Mind did dance to the jukebox as far as I remember

tbc

Hey lovely, it is anywhere that the UI is there is a bug where it wont scroll, so at the top if you try to edge scroll where the UI is touching it won't scroll and obviously the bottom too because of the UI. It is DEF the UI stopping the edge scrolling. Thank you so much for adding most of those.
    Not commenting for everyone on: Bill not pay, icon staying grey after work, monster baby and skill bar staying. Please do read the compile list before posting. Stay tuned for more info on those

@Lianuh1104: Since this forum is a pain, I'm holding off adding multiple reports for now but with the new idea I had, it's all going to be different. You'll see :)

@AikoSubhi: If your first issue occurs again, post in tech. Second is probably that you have a workout fit like in Sims 3. Not sure how to change it though

@p0chacc0: Both on the list. More info to follow

@Dixie_18402: Also on the list. Try resetting or traveling

@Mmdrgntobldrgn: Not sure how to add. May need you to repost later. I'll let you know

--- Updated to this post ---
    AHQ Tutorial

• MCarollMCaroll Posts: 50 Member

tbc

No, I've been playing with the managing world, and the inventory is not available.
    edited September 2014
    Ok Guys,

here goes nothing.

I really hope this works out better but I've got the CM over at AnswerHQ to make us a whole bug FORUM: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

So how does this work ?

You'll find a sticky thread with all the compiled issues reported so far. I'm still in the process of adding stuff so ple
    Read instructions here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/td-p/3445107/.

This post will be closed soon so please be sure to post over there now.

Make your own thread for every issue you find but try to see if there already is one that is remotely the same (it doesn't matter if you have a stuck orange juice or fork, same issue and post there. I will also open a few threads on the more common issues.

Once this one is closed, I will come back here and everything that still isn't added but you're welcome to already post over there if you're issue didn't get added to the new compiled list here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/READ-FIRST-Compiled-lIst-of-Bugs/td-p/3445209

I'll also make one for smaller things where you can post if you don't wanna open your own. Do keep them ISSUE based and not users based.

I hope I was able to make myself clear and I really hope this works out better.

You do not need to make a new account there. Your Origin account will work just fine.
    AHQ Tutorial

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top