Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Traits

JongarakunJongarakun Posts: 1,265 Member
Anyone else hoping that we're going to get more than the 3 traits we can pick in the demo? It's just a demo, after all... and Sims 3 had 5 traits per sim. There's no way they'd cut us way back like this... right? Especially if personalities are a big selling point... kinda hard to make a fully complex, unique sim with just 3 traits. 6_6
Ornery weirdo. My Origin ID is Jongarakun.
xyIcMqt.png

Comments

• reni344reni344 Posts: 362 Member
    Your sims get more traits as they do more in the game some traits like great kisser and others are lifetime rewards now.
  • lennyvocaloidlennyvocaloid Posts: 161 Member
    You make a sim in CAS with 3 traits, your sim has to 'unlock' more trait slots during gameplay.
    15f317bf-858c-4dcf-80e9-e1281c43ab75.png?t=1408375700
    Hey, look it's EA.
  • JongarakunJongarakun Posts: 1,265 Member
    I see... interesting! Does this mean that we unlock secondary traits only, or can we unlock ones like ... *opens demo* Gloomy, Genius, Ambitious, etc? And what will be the total trait cap?

I'd like to see sources just so I can answer my own questions haha
    xyIcMqt.png
  • athyrmoseathyrmose Posts: 223 Member
    Bella gained the Introvert trait in yesterday's LB because she went 24 hours without socializing.

They adapt to our play style and trait during gameplay.
  • ts3semlts3seml Posts: 440 Member
    I hadn't heard this. I like it.
    athyrmose wrote: »
    Bella gained the Introvert trait in yesterday's LB because she went 24 hours without socializing.

That seems kind of extreme. =T Even the most extroverted of us don't socialize every single day... we're bound to have off days.
    xyIcMqt.png
    Jongarakun wrote: »

That seems kind of extreme. =T Even the most extroverted of us don't socialize every single day... we're bound to have off days.

Agreed. However, for all we know, they might be overwritten with replacements as we progress a sim.
  • reni344reni344 Posts: 362 Member

I think the opposite would also be true if you socialize heavily you would probably get the social butterfly trait so the game kind of adds traits based on how you use that sim. Which I like.
    edited August 2014

Agreed. However, for all we know, they might be overwritten with replacements as we progress a sim.

Gah. D8 That's almost worst... your traits flip flopping all the time. I can't wait for a mod that will increase the amount of time needed to add a trait.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • LordDarthSimsLordDarthSims Posts: 1,306 Member
    What happens If I do not my sims to gain any trait I do not want them to have?
  • renzillarenzilla Posts: 725 Member

She didn't gain that Trait, that was a game Achievement (see the full list of Achievements here).
    I know. You're posting in a thread someone necroed. The discussion took place before the achievement list came out. But thank you!
  • renzillarenzilla Posts: 725 Member
    I know. You're posting in a thread someone necroed. The discussion took place before the achievement list came out. But thank you!
    Sorry about that, heh!
  • SweetJealousySweetJealousy Posts: 362 Member
    edited August 2014
    I think I'd rather select my own base traits for my Sims as that's how I see their personalities as rather than be given a trait, like introvert, because I couldn't fit in the time to socialize with sims for the day. And I don't like gaining the Introvert trait and then it being changed to social butterfly on a whim just because she threw a party. I would like these traits to be who my Sims are supposed to be.

Er, adding to this, I would like more slots for traits. I felt that the 3 traits were able to select was rather limited, even if you automatically got a fourth, which I don't know if I liked or didn't fit the way I saw my Sim as though that was my Sim's aspiration.
    @renzilla Don't be! It's valuable info and it needs to be here. :)
    I agree entirely with @SweetJealousy. =/ Looks like another game where mods will be nearly essential.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • SweetJealousySweetJealousy Posts: 362 Member
    Adding to my concern, I didn't like the fact that the Successful Lineage aspiration gave me the Domestic trait. I would probably give Successful Lineage to one of my non-domestic male Sims who just needs an heir for their estate and fortune or title. He's not exactly domestic nor does it mean that he's a good family man. So that sort of thing just got on my nerves, that you automatically get certain traits that just do not fit the Sim.
    Yyup. Right outta my mouth, man. 8/ Hate to harp on about the mods, but at least that doesn't seem like it would be too hard to fix. Or maybe some sort of cheat in-game will allow you to change traits... all of them. Can only hope.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • KyationeKyatione Posts: 187 Member
    @Jongarakun
    Like renzilla said, that's an Achievement. Additional traits that are acquired in game have a ray of light around the picture.
    You can see an example in one of the images on page 5 of the Sims 4 Player Guide pdf from the SimsVIP website.
    (You can google it to find the pdf.) Somehow, I can't post links to the picture or any websites on the forum as yet.
    Oh aye, but after that, I was agreeing more with the limited-to-three-traits deal and the bonus trait not agreeing with your intended personality.
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Molie86Molie86 Posts: 651 Member
    @SweetJealousy you could always give him the hates children or mean trait, that way he's still not much of a family man.
  • Kuypers125Kuypers125 Posts: 781 Member
    Oh aye, but after that, I was agreeing more with the limited-to-three-traits deal and the bonus trait not agreeing with your intended personality.

Except you can give a Sims one aspiration & play them like they have another, thereby avoiding the Dreaded "Domestic" trait.
    Also, all SweetJealousy had to do was pick one of the Fortune Aspirations, I think one of them relates back to family but the trait it gives you does not.
    But that's such a nuisance. Why should we have to go out of our way for something like this? = / I mean, hey, what's the point of traits at all then? What if I gave my sim the mean trait and then forcibly played them nicely? I could. It just seems like EA decided "this is what your Fortune/Nature/Etc-aspiring sim will be like, and that's that!"
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Molie86Molie86 Posts: 651 Member
    But someone who aspires to having a family life is more family orientated (which from the description of the domestic trait that's what it entails) so you are basically doing the same.
    Not really... people are pretty conflicting in RL, and I always appreciated the free reign to make my sims accurate enough in that regard. In Sims 3, you could have a sim that hates art but wants to be a great artist. X] I feel like with this restriction and automatic trait gain, they're really really making our sims more 2D than ever (well... alright, maybe they were a touch worse in TS1).
    xyIcMqt.png