Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gallery Connection Issues.

2...Next

Comments

• SnosberrySnosberry Posts: 56 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Snosberry wrote: »
    I cant connect. I have tried it all. Even EA cant help me. I do have a new laptop. I tried turning off all of Nortons firewall stuff but still nothing. Any ideas?

Hello @Snosberry
    I am sorry that you are having this issue.

Shut down your computer completely. Start the computer again, then launch the game and see if that helps.

Try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go,to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling origin and see if that helps

I have done all of this. I have been working on this now for 2 weeks. I was even on the phone with origin today for an hour and he couldn't figure it out. He was able to get into it signing into my user name on his side but I still cant on mine. I think it must be something set up in this new laptop but for the life of me I cant figure it out. Should i turn norton off completely and then try or is there something that is programmed into new gaming laptops that I must adjust? Gahh
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    I cant connect. I have tried it all. Even EA cant help me. I do have a new laptop. I tried turning off all of Nortons firewall stuff but still nothing. Any ideas?

Hello @Snosberry
    I am sorry that you are having this issue.

Shut down your computer completely. Start the computer again, then launch the game and see if that helps.

Try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go,to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling origin and see if that helps

I have done all of this. I have been working on this now for 2 weeks. I was even on the phone with origin today for an hour and he couldn't figure it out. He was able to get into it signing into my user name on his side but I still cant on mine. I think it must be something set up in this new laptop but for the life of me I cant figure it out. Should i turn norton off completely and then try or is there something that is programmed into new gaming laptops that I must adjust? Gahh

Hello @Snosberry
    It would be good to turn off Norton antivirus just to test to see if it may be the cause of the issues. Antivirus has caused connection issues for some simmers.
  • uhriahxuhriahx Posts: 5 New Member
    So this is day number 11 and the gallery issue still is not fixed! 🐸🐸🐸🐸? I own the BG and every EP, every GP (except Vampires), and every SP (except Spooky Stuff). I would expect more for my money than not to be able to post my creations and designs and to enjoy the works of others. This is ridiculous. It is an outrage. EA should be ashamed. The gallery is totally unusable other than to look at stuff and not be able to get it.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    uhriahx wrote: »
    So this is day number 11 and the gallery issue still is not fixed! plum? I own the BG and every EP, every GP (except Vampires), and every SP (except Spooky Stuff). I would expect more for my money than not to be able to post my creations and designs and to enjoy the works of others. This is ridiculous. It is an outrage. EA should be ashamed. The gallery is totally unusable other than to look at stuff and not be able to get it.

Hello
    If you have mods/cc in your game, try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem.

If you have the UI Cheats extension mod , it would be best to remove the mod and download/install the updated version that has been released since the patch.

Custom careers have been broken by the latest patch so it would be best to also remove them.