Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gallery Connection Issues.

I'm experiencing an issue with my demo where I am unable to connect to the gallery. I have opened the demo twice to a full connection to the gallery, however most of the time it is offline. It will attempt to connect and fail repeatedly. I have a strong wireless signal and connection, however when it comes to the demo it seems to be acting as if there is no connection. Has anyone else struggled with this problem?

Comments

• Options
    khlvhkhlvh Posts: 8 New Member
    I have the same issue as you do, since installing twice, (tried installing over the first install.) No joy on connecting to the Gallery.
  • Options
    prisonbreakcf9prisonbreakcf9 Posts: 31 New Member
    I have the same exact problem! I can only see my sims I created, cannot connect to the gallery and I cant see other peoples creations. I wonder if this will be happening when I get the sims 4? If I cant connect to the gallery now it means i wont be able to download anything when i get the full game :( any help?
  • Options
    FelidaeFelineFelidaeFeline Posts: 7 New Member
    I have the same problem too, not sure how to fix it. :-(
  • Options
    khlvhkhlvh Posts: 8 New Member
    Was told by a person directly from EA/Maxis help chat to watch the forums for a solution. They couldn't even fix it themselves!
  • Options
    ZoneXZoneX Posts: 25 Member
    Ugh, that's extremely disconcerting. The gallery adds so much to the demo experience. If this same problem appears for me with the full game, I'm going to be extremely disappointed.
  • Options
    lauriej0823lauriej0823 Posts: 411 Member
    gallery is working fine for me. i just checked it.
  • Options
    Hi. I managed to fix this issue. It was actually my Norton Internet Security Antivirus which was blocking the program. I have unblocked it and the gallery is working. It might be worth checking if your antivirus program is blocking the demo. :-)
  • Options
    eyez82eyez82 Posts: 9 New Member
    How did you unblock it?> @FelidaeFeline said:
    > Hi. I managed to fix this issue. It was actually my Norton Internet Security Antivirus which was blocking the program. I have unblocked it and the gallery is working. It might be worth checking if your antivirus program is blocking the demo. :-)
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Unfortunately, that's not my issue. I don't use Norton or any other program of that sort (horrible I know). However, I'm glad you got it worked out!
  • Options
    @eyez82
    Hi sorry I haven't been on here so I have just seen your reply. I unblocked it by going into the settings and clicking on the network tab which is at the top. I then clicked on Smart Firewall and it should say program rules underneath the heading. There is a button next to it saying 'Configure [+]'. I pressed on this and scrolled down to the demo and allowed the access. I hope this helps, sorry that I am not good with instructions haha. I'm not sure if you have Norton or the same version but this is just what I done.
    @ZoneX
    Oh dear. Well I hope you manage to fix it soon :-).
  • Options
    eyez82eyez82 Posts: 9 New Member
    Thanks so much! It worked and I'm on! :D B)
  • Options
    angtin249angtin249 Posts: 35 Member
    ZoneX did you ck ur firewall? Idk if it would work but it's worth a try to turn it off.
  • Options
    simsinmysleepsimsinmysleep Posts: 651 Member
    Hmm, I'm having the same problem (came on very suddenly right in the middle of my session) and it doesn't appear to have anything to do with my firewall. First I tried FelidaeFeline's instructions and when that didn't work for me, I tried turning the firewall completely off. Still no luck. I waited a while thinking it was on Origin's end, but I still can't connect and I don't see a lot of people posting about it, so I assume this isn't a widespread problem?

The message I'm getting is: "Unable to go online. One of more of The Sims Online Services is currently Offline. Try again later."
    KGLsNuM.jpg
  • Options
    @eyez82
    You're welcome, so glad you managed to fix it :-)
    @ahholladay
    I know this sounds silly but did you make sure that you pressed okay to confirm that you unblocked it? I forgot to do that when I first tried unblocking it haha. I also got the same message when it wasn't working for me as well. I am not sure what else you can do, hopefully it will get fixed though.
  • Options
    simsinmysleepsimsinmysleep Posts: 651 Member
    @eyez82<br />
    You're welcome, so glad you managed to fix it :-)<br />
    @ahholladay&lt;br />
    I know this sounds silly but did you make sure that you pressed okay to confirm that you unblocked it? I forgot to do that when I first tried unblocking it haha. I also got the same message when it wasn't working for me as well. I am not sure what else you can do, hopefully it will get fixed though.

I did hit 'apply' to make sure the firewall was turned off (and got a warning from Norton that I was unprotected) but it didn't help with the Origin connectivity. Other people said that they got a message that Origin was going to be undergoing maintenance for a while; I didn't get that message but that must have been what was going on because I gave up, turned my firewall back on and an hour or so later, everything was fine again. Thanks for trying to help though, FelidaeFeline! Much appreciated. :)
    KGLsNuM.jpg
  • Options
    It looks like this issue has transferred over to The Sims 4 for me.
  • Options
    bluelightingbluelighting Posts: 704 Member
    My game gallery wont connect to online so I cant use it
  • Options
    Rav567Rav567 Posts: 53 New Member
    edited September 2014
    - Whoops. Didn't mean to post.
  • Options
    DaphneLunaDaphneLuna Posts: 86 Member
    This problem transferred to The Sims 4 for me too. I was hoping it was just an issue with the demo, but I'm unable to connect in-game as well. I have a strong internet connection, my firewall & anti-virus are completely disabled, my origin says "online," yet when I try to connect to the gallery the game freezes for a moment and says that it can't connect. So frustrating, I have no idea what else to try.
  • Options
    I just hope they get this issue resolved asap. I tried customer service but they were no help, and quite condescending.
  • Options
    Rav567Rav567 Posts: 53 New Member
    edited September 2014
    I had to deleted everything in the tray folder. I downloaded a bunch of things from the gallery, restarted and had the plumbob loading screen problem. Now everything works again.

So obviously something that i downloaded didn't want to cooperate with the game.
  • Options
    simplyzachariahsimplyzachariah Posts: 22 Member
    When I first opened sims 4 I couldn't find the sim I created in the demo to start playing with. I had to play around in the demo by removing it from the cloud, saving it, adding it again - over and over until finally I could view it in the sims 4 gallery.
  • Options
    Mauriangel529Mauriangel529 Posts: 5 New Member
    what worked for me was connecting my computer (laptop) via ethernet cord. (Hardwired into modem) As soon as i did so i started up the sims and went to community and lo and behold the community was loaded. :) goodluck and enjoy
  • Options
    SnosberrySnosberry Posts: 56 Member
    I cant connect. I have tried it all. Even EA cant help me. I do have a new laptop. I tried turning off all of Nortons firewall stuff but still nothing. Any ideas?
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Snosberry wrote: »
    I cant connect. I have tried it all. Even EA cant help me. I do have a new laptop. I tried turning off all of Nortons firewall stuff but still nothing. Any ideas?

Hello @Snosberry
    I am sorry that you are having this issue.

Shut down your computer completely. Start the computer again, then launch the game and see if that helps.

Try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go,to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling origin and see if that helps