Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Member or new Member? Everything you need to know ;)

Comments

• Options
    dtyuidtyui Posts: 483 Member
    I only like posting when I'm actually contributing something useful to a conversation so having to post more just to be a normal member feels weird.
  • Options
    BeastiephileBeastiephile Posts: 56 Member
    Anyone know when I can actually post images? I guess it doesn't have to do with being a member or not.
  • Options
    ktb0513ktb0513 Posts: 145 Member
    On my phone now.. Postinf while watching some x-factor... It just feels like I am never getting there lol. There is only so much nonsense you can type :p

tells us about your sims or yourself or maybe your pets if you have any......and space the posts out that is how i got my member status when it was changed to the 150 crap thing lol
    the-sims-4-collectibles-187x96.jpg
  • Options
    dtyui wrote: »
    I only like posting when I'm actually contributing something useful to a conversation so having to post more just to be a normal member feels weird.

i think it is a lack of points not posts for you....so i am hoping all my liking is helping :)

• Options
    edited September 2014
    Thank you :) It's definitely helping, this whole points thing is rather irritating
  • Options
    Anyone know when I can actually post images? I guess it doesn't have to do with being a member or not.

how long have you had your account?
  • Options
    dtyui wrote: »
    Thank you :) It's definitely helping, this whole points thing is rather irritating

no problem it sucks when you have the posts but not the points needed so i want to help out when so many others have helped me by doing the same :)
  • Options
    @dtyui you are now a member went thro your comments on other forums and liked them and got you the points :)
  • Options
    Yay, I'm a member, thank you for the help, I'll keep liking new member's posts whenever I see them :)
  • Options
    paniic__hugspaniic__hugs Posts: 47 Member
    edited September 2014
    70 points and 32 posts after this one and I am still a new member?... I thought it was 50 points and 30 posts? I better give up my day job lol..

NVM I AM A MEMBER!!! Yaaaayyyyy cookies and cake for everyone!!! :D
  • Options
    KLAlexisKLAlexis Posts: 472 Member
    They need to add a way to un-follow threads you are no longer commenting on. There also needs to be a better way to see who mentions and replies to you posts. I don't know how many times I've missed or over-looked a response/mention because there's no way to tell if someone is responding to you or just commenting.
    "The truth hurts, but lies kill"
  • Options
    htairchix3htairchix3 Posts: 875 Member
    I agree KLAexis B)
  • Options
    Rainbow2Rainbow2 Posts: 83 Member
    ... Well, I feel rather silly now. I misread the update and thought it was 50 points and 50 posts... I kept seeing people with "member" under their icon and considerably less than 50 posts and was super baffled about why. 30 posts will be much, much easier to reach :D
  • Options
    BeastiephileBeastiephile Posts: 56 Member
    ktb0513 wrote: »

how long have you had your account?

A year and a half.
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    This is painful.. The thread you linked to earn points/posts says I do not have the permission to view it.. <br />
    <br />
    Is there any other easy way to do this.. I just wanna play and show off the houses I build :(
    Sorry, I need to update the front page, the thread got deleted :(
  • Options
    You are a member now, not sure about when you posted this though. The functions sometimes takes a while to start working, my dummy account took about 25h to be considered a member ( 24h rule)
  • Options
    KLAlexis wrote: »
    They need to add a way to un-follow threads you are no longer commenting on. There also needs to be a better way to see who mentions and replies to you posts. I don't know how many times I've missed or over-looked a response/mention because there's no way to tell if someone is responding to you or just commenting.

They bookmarked all the threads you ever commented on in the Sims 3 forums, meaning I have over a 1000 bookmarks lol, luckily most posts are dead. You can un-bookmark them bu clicking the star and going through them in the upper right corner.

@persons name, gives someone a notifications :) I miss most things though because I constantly have 100's of notifications :/ lol
  • Options

They bookmarked all the threads you ever commented on in the Sims 3 forums, meaning I have over a 1000 bookmarks lol, luckily most posts are dead. You can un-bookmark them bu clicking the star and going through them in the upper right corner.

@persons name, gives someone a notifications :) I miss most things though because I constantly have 100's of notifications :/ lol
  • Options
    06Bon06 wrote: »

Yes, you can un-bookmark them, but if you've commented ONCE on something, that doesn't stop them from popping up in the notification bar. Unless you disable the "Notify me when people comment on discussions I've participated in.", which also includes the threads you're participating in as well, they won't stop popping up.

• Options
    06Bon06 wrote: »

Yes, you can un-bookmark them, but if you've commented ONCE on something, that doesn't stop them from popping up in the notification bar. Unless you disable the "Notify me when people comment on discussions I've participated in.", which also includes the threads you're participating in as well, they won't stop popping up.

Ohh, I disabled that one so I only get pop-ups from threads I bookmarked because that is too much for me
  • Options
    @06Bon06 Touchee, I will try that.
  • Options
    AK47KITAK47KIT Posts: 36 Member
    Hey i need some help i just make a discussion about my house last week and cant edit it.It say i have to be around longer but i got over 50 point.
  • Options
    @AK47KIT
    I know it feels like spamming but just go through a bunch of threads and comment, you only need 13 posts
  • Options
    Rainbow2Rainbow2 Posts: 83 Member
    And this post should get me back to member (until the next time they change it, anyway ;) )
  • Options
    xcheekyangelxxcheekyangelx Posts: 289 Member
    Is there no possible way to earn the social badges (connect to fb or twitter)
    I'm still a 'new' member even though I joined 3 years ago :c
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top