Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Legacy Challenge Mega Thread

Comments

• NhimSimNhimSim Posts: 316 Member
    @Krystabela The only Seasons holiday that comes with restrictions is The Lottery - you can't participate in that. Another restriction that came with Seasons is that you can't buy the money tree. I just went over the rules and there's no mention of the gnomes and the seed packs so I think it's no problem at all to collect those
  • KrystabelaKrystabela Posts: 143 Member
    @Onyeka001 okay thanks. I was just thinking that since you could sell the packs and get good money, who needs a sim job with the gnomes, it might not be allowed. On the flip side if you anger them you get trash and broken faucets...so far I don't know if they do more mischief.
  • JmaraaJmaraa Posts: 217 Member
    @turnonthedark @SpoonieSarah @blueshells

Isn't it so great when you find out about legacies and then find out about more challenges and then find out about blogging and simlits which leads you down a whole rabbit whole of other creative things??

It's basically like the internet, once ya find something you just keep going and going lol
    Simming Since '00; Forum Member '13; SimLit Blogger '14; SimLit Critic '18

Current Story: https://simslegacy2020.wordpress.com My 2020 Legacy Story - A 10 Generation Legacy Challenge
    Sim Choice Awards 2018! || My Full Wordpress || Twitter: Jmaraasims
  • MysticLegacyMysticLegacy Posts: 97 Member
    edited November 2018
    Hey everyone! Just posting a quick note here to let you know that the Random Trait Generators on the Legacy Challenge website have been updated to include the two new aspirations in Get Famous.

If you don't have the expansion and you roll one of these new aspirations, you can re-roll to get something else.

Update: Clearly I need more caffeine because I just realized there was a new trait added as well. That has also been added to the random trait generators!

Update 2: Also for those of you wondering if you can participate in the Positivity Challenge while playing our challenges, you can check out the list at https://www.simslegacychallenge.com/the-positivity-challenge-and-our-challenges/
    Post edited by MysticLegacy on
    Mystic

Wife of Pinstar & co-owner of The Sims Legacy Challenge website
    Origin ID - Pinstar1161 (shared with my husband)
    Twitter - @Sims_Legacy
    We have updated the Extreme Start option (and added a new Ultra Extreme Start option) for Get Famous's new 64 x 64 lot. https://www.simslegacychallenge.com/changes-to-the-extreme-start-for-get-famous-plus-a-new-tougher-optional-extreme-start/

Good luck! You're going to need it.
    Mystic

Twitter - @Sims_Legacy
  • LuclyluLuclylu Posts: 437 Member
    I can’t wait to start the new Ultra Extreme Start! Just waiting to get the new expansion in 2 weeks unless it goes on sale, then I’ll sweet talk the hubby into getting it for me earlier.
  • CreateitgamingCreateitgaming Posts: 16 New Member
    Hi everyone

I have made a challenge that is a bit of a mix of the legacy challenge and the neighborhood challenge.

The Avenue Challenge
    Create and maintain 4 individual families within one lot. Playing a family a week at a time try and fulfil each Sims lifetime aspiration, grow at least one family to their third generation using only sims in the household and never let the lights go out by paying all the bills each week before the power gets shut off. You must start out with Sims of a mix of ages and you must have one benefit family that cannot have jobs.

How to play
    Buy a large lot in any world and create a lot with at least 4 residential properties on it. This can be done in the form of flats, detached, semidetached or terraced houses. I have created a lot inspired by uk terraced houses with one converted into two flats to make 5 residential homes. I have uploaded this to the gallery under the name The Avenue. Don’t decorate the homes yet, wait to do this until you have created the households.
    Create at least 4 households using no more than 8 Sims (standard limit) in the same create a sim family. The characters are up to you but you must have one sim of each age stage in your 8. So you can’t have 8 young adults for example. Try and making some interesting characters, you have a lot of Sims to play with so perhaps try some the traits and aspirations you haven’t had a chance to play yet. Bear in mind that one family in your household won’t have a job so don’t pick an aspiration that requires them to work.

Move your Sims into an empty lot and use the motherlode cheat to add 50,000 for each family in your household. So you will have a minimum of 200,000 if you have 4 families to 400,000 if you decided to do 8 single Sims. Now move household into the lot you created, the cost of the property will be deducted. So if you had 200,000 and the price of the lot you made is 90,000 unfurnished then you will have 110,000 to furnish homes for all 4 families. It would be pretty difficult to make a lot worth more than 200,000 with just build materials but if you did then you might need to change your lot a bit so you can afford to purchase the lot and furnish it.

So now you need to pick which of the homes each of your sim families will live and decorate the home according to their personalities. Make sure each family has all the facilities they would need such as beds, toilet and fridge. If there is any empty homes on your lot this can be left unfurnished until you have a sim to move into it. The funds do not need to be split evenly between the families so feel free to spend a lot more on one family and then getting the cheapest stuff for another. The front doors to each property you will need to set to locked for everyone except for the specific Sims in that family otherwise they will all just go in each other’s homes. You can unlock doors for everyone and reset it after if you’re having a party ect.
    And so the game begins…

Play each family for a week at a time, you cannot control the other families during this time. For the first week of playing each family you cannot spend any money on improving their home only paying bills and food. From the second week on of playing that family you can spend only what that family contributes to the household funds for that week. The incomes from the other families pay the bills for that week and there should be a bit of a buffer from not spending the first Min 4 weeks. For the case of the family that has no jobs (benefit family) you can try and make them make money in other ways such as gardening, painting, busking etc. and they can use that to improve their house. The aim of the challenge is to fulfil the aspirations of everyone in your household, to get to a third generation in game play in at least one family while maintaining 4 families at any one time (if playing without fullhouse Mod this is more difficult) and thirdly to keep the lights on. You must always have enough cash to pay the weekly bill before the lights get switched off.

Optional:
    • Can add the fullhouse mod to allow for more Sims in your household but can only use a max of 10 Sims and still only get the maximum of 400,000 starting money. (Makes it easier to get to the third generation.

Rules:
    • There must always be at least 4 families living in at least 4 separate homes
    • In one family you cannot let anyone get jobs, they can make money in other ways if you want to improve their home.
    • You play each family a sim week at a time and you must always play each family in the same order
    • Sims can only marry and/or have children with other Sims in the household. But you can adopt children into the family.
    • Each family can only spend what they earn that week on their home. Anything they don’t spend stays in the pot for bills.
    • The bills must always be paid before the electricity gets cut off.
    • Each sim must have their lifetime aspirations met to win the challenge
    • You cannot control other families when it is not their week. Any money made from them going to work is used to pay for the bills and food.
    • Any career rewards put into the inventory following a promotion must be used in the home of the sim who earned it. ( can be placed in an attic or basement if don’t want it to furnish the home)

I am uploading videos of me playing this challenge on my YouTube Channel
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    edited November 2018
    This thread is for all discussions, debates, questions, comments and other inquiries related to the Sims 4 version of the Legacy Challenge.

The most up to date information can be found on my site.

Sims Legacy Challenge

The Challenge Rules are Live!

simslegacychallenge.com/the-sims-4-legacy-challenge-rules

simslegacychallenge.com/sims-4-legacy-challenge-random-trait-generator

simslegacychallenge.com/sims-4-legacy-challenge-rules-succession-laws

https://youtube.com/watch?v=H7pzJWTumls

I actually don't play by challenge rules, but I'm seven generations into one family! The Achievment counter says 5/10 because I started with two families of three(two elders with a young adult offspring.) who eventually became one family and flourished in the (almost) three months I've been playing them!

Here's what happened today! Posted what's below in another thread in the General section:
    (I would have also shared the family tree, but I haven't edited it in four days. Giving it up, lol. Basically, Fuller has 13 cousins in total! Well, 12 of them are from his father's cousins. The thirteenth(second-born after him) is a first-cousin, who is the daughter of his late-father's younger sister.)
    Well, it's official! Seventh generation has begun! With less than a week now until they become adults Fuller and Luna tried for a baby after they got married at the Romance Festival! They now have a son named Dylan who becomes a toddler soon and, sadly, Justin McAdams passed away from old age. :'(
    45139191375_76c0c9d77f_b.jpg
    45139190445_27fac7f11a_b.jpg
    31112260787_ed5bf1e349_b.jpg

Another day, another gig. The costume actually looks like Stitch from Lilo and Stitch to me!
    31112250697_8490267595_b.jpg
    31112248627_a3baa4301c_b.jpg

And another one.
    31112259587_8faa7d18e2_b.jpg
    31112257247_16ee2cc311_b.jpg

Shortly after the last gig, Luna went into labor and Dylan came into the world!
    31112254857_944848be7a_b.jpg
    31112253657_973c108995_b.jpg

I can't wait to see who he resembles the most!
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    Onyeka001 wrote: »
    @Krystabela The only Seasons holiday that comes with restrictions is The Lottery - you can't participate in that. Another restriction that came with Seasons is that you can't buy the money tree. I just went over the rules and there's no mention of the gnomes and the seed packs so I think it's no problem at all to collect those

Oops, guess one of mine isn't a proper legacy then because I didn't know the money tree wasn't allowed. I did start them before I looked at the rules, and I try to follow the ones I remember.
    image.png
    Has anyone ever had one generation's heir die before the next one became a young adult? What did you do, just start the next generation ith a teenager? Or finish the previous generation without that dead sim and switch when the heir came of age?
    image.png
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    SimTresa wrote: »
    Has anyone ever had one generation's heir die before the next one became a young adult? What did you do, just start the next generation with a teenager? Or finish the previous generation without that dead sim and switch when the heir came of age?
    As long as there is an heir you should be okay. I remember @MysticLegacy having the awful bad luck of her founder dying before there was even one heir. :sweat_smile:
    In your situation I would have the teen as the official heir.
    SimTresa wrote: »
    Has anyone ever had one generation's heir die before the next one became a young adult? What did you do, just start the next generation with a teenager? Or finish the previous generation without that dead sim and switch when the heir came of age?
    As long as there is an heir you should be okay. I remember @MysticLegacy having the awful bad luck of her founder dying before there was even one heir. :sweat_smile:
    In your situation I would have the teen as the official heir.

Thanks, @EuphorialQueen.
    image.png
  • TagiDollTagiDoll Posts: 4 New Member
    Hi, I just started a new Legacy, lets hope I can actually complete this one.

I was just wondering the rules for the tutorial asperations. My founder spouse moved in with the "chef" asperation. Do I complete this one and then reroll her asperation (i think you have to use a cheat code to finish it) or do i just reroll her asperation right away?

Thank-you.
    @TagiDoll So far I have not seen rules on starting in tutorial mode. @MysticLegacy or @Pinstar1161 would need to weigh in on that.
    Of course you can play the game however you prefer. :smile: Maybe play thru the tutorial then choose a new aspiration. You would also need to adjust the money and move to another lot to play the legacy as written.
  • TagiDollTagiDoll Posts: 4 New Member
    @EuphorialQueen I didnt start in tutorial mode. I started on a 50 x 50 lot with a new cas sim as per the rules . The sim my founder married has a tutorial asperation which are technically impossible to complete outside of the tutorial.
    TagiDoll wrote: »
    @EuphorialQueen I didnt start in tutorial mode. I started on a 50 x 50 lot with a new cas sim as per the rules . The sim my founder married has a tutorial aspiration which are technically impossible to complete outside of the tutorial.
    Oops :o My apologies ...
    My founder spouse moved in with the "chef" aspiration.
    Totally missed this part. :s In that case I see no reason not to roll for a new aspiration.

@TagiDoll @EuphorialQueen - If a Sim moves into the household with one of the Tutorial Aspirations it is definitely ok to give them a new aspiration. I don't know why townie Sims come with those aspirations since they aren't able to be completed.

You can use the random trait generator to roll up a new aspiration for that Sim. Just ignore the traits that it gives you and look at what the new aspiration is.
    Mystic

Twitter - @Sims_Legacy
    @MysticLegacy Thank you for the clarification :smiley:
    I don't know why townie Sims come with those aspirations since they aren't able to be completed.
    Maybe because the game algorithm identifies them as legitimate aspirations? ;)
  • SuniroseSunirose Posts: 460 Member
    edited January 2019
    I didn't want to start a new thread to ask these questions and this place looks like they would fit in. My questions are how long is a dynasty or era in a legacy challenge? And what is the difference between a dynasty and era?
  • KyraPearlKyraPearl Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi! I’ve been doing legacy challenges for a long time! And I’m starting one of my own! Can’t wait for you guys to see
  • x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
    @Sunirose dynasty is just a term for a ruling family of the same bloodline. Those can last as long as you want them too until someone else decides to take power and they are blood related.

I would take era as a turning point in some period of time. So like there’s like a “conservative” era and a “progressive” era, something of the sort
  • cherrysimmer2cherrysimmer2 Posts: 98 Member
    I love doing legacy challenges, but I have never used the point system. I just like starting from the bottom then making your way up to the top.
    hola
    giphy.gif
  • Parki67Parki67 Posts: 32 Member
    I just started my first ever challenge and its a legacy challenge. I only just discovered the world of Sims Challenges and OMG.
    I love doing legacy challenges, but I have never used the point system. I just like starting from the bottom then making your way up to the top.
    Points allude me as I am terrible at remembering to keep track. :lol:
    Parki67 wrote: »
    I just started my first ever challenge and its a legacy challenge. I only just discovered the world of Sims Challenges and OMG.
    Playing a legacy family is a fun way to experience new ways to play the game.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top