Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So, where are the scripts?

IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
edited March 5 in Nominated Threads
What is the Type ID of a script resource?
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• CandacisCandacis Posts: 186 Member
    Inge, you can't ask such complicated questions here ;)
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    Yeah for Inge. She should ask those questions :)
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    crinrict wrote: »
    Yeah for Inge. She should ask those questions :)
    I agree. Ask away Inge. ;)
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • Bily_jednorozecBily_jednorozec Posts: 1,574 Member
    Who should ask then, if it will not be Inge? ;)
    "My Studio" on thesims3.com "My Blog" on thesims3.com
    Sorry for editing my comments frequently, in most cases I'm doing this due language issues (english isn't my native language, but I'm using english, because most used by people, with who I want to communicate).
  • ZerbuZerbu Posts: 3,457 Member
    I was wondering the same thing. From what I've heard, the demo doesn't contain script files. We'll probably need to wait until the full release before doing any script modding.
  • Srikandi715Srikandi715 Posts: 1,753 Member
    edited August 2014
    We've been told that a tech person from EA will be monitoring this forum, so it's EXACTLY the right place to ask this... hope they're on duty already! :)

*waves at hypothetical EA tech person*
  • granthesgranthes Posts: 93 Member
    While knowing the details of script resources will be handy, I'm really looking forward to the documentation we were promised for all of the resource formats.

Here's hoping that EA follows through on their promise for the docs.
    Grant (granthes)
    Developer of Sims 4 Modding Tools -- Sims 4 Stuff n Things
  • TheGreenLionTheGreenLion Posts: 1,635 Member
    I'm an ignorant pleb when it comes to scripting, they did mention they were writing in Python though yeah?
    @TheGreenLion, yes they did.
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    We've been told that a tech person from EA will be monitoring this forum, so it's EXACTLY the right place to ask this... hope they're on duty already! :)

we have :) do you have a link of statement or can you recall who made the statement, so hope this is true

IngeJones wrote: »
    ok totally cheesy but so stoked that you even asked the Q :) im keeping my fingers crossed you will mod for 4. its so selfish but you are soo good at it
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    ceejay402 wrote: »
    ok totally cheesy but so stoked that you even asked the Q :) im keeping my fingers crossed you will mod for 4. its so selfish but you are soo good at it

Yeah, this. ^^

In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.

we have :) do you have a link of statement or can you recall who made the statement, so hope this is true

Hmm, cannot currently track this down, which means it was probably either something I read on Twitter or a video interview. Quite certain I saw it though... somebody was going to head off issues that mods could lead to, like the blue lots bug in TS3.
    edited August 2014

Hmm, cannot currently track this down, which means it was probably either something I read on Twitter or a video interview. Quite certain I saw it though... somebody was going to head off issues that mods could lead to, like the blue lots bug in TS3.

Thanks, and shoot if you can ever recall that would be great I asked SGR and she hadn't heard of anyone bring assigned to anything yet, but she's not running website so there's still a chance. And if not it's worth asking sgh if we can get someone
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    I have tweeted to Crin to ask if she could find out at gamescom who will be representing EA on this modding section.
  • velocitygrassvelocitygrass Posts: 103 Member
    The Sims resource Creators Camp Report Part 1 has the following from the Modding Masterclass: "They will have a tech watching in case they see us maybe moving in a direction of “break the game code”." They didn't say who. The Modding Masterclass was done by Darren Gyles and Lyndsay Pearson according to SimsVIP's report on that class.

So as far as I can see it wasn't mentioned who would monitor this section of the forum.
    edited August 2014
    The Sims resource Creators Camp Report Part 1 has the following from the Modding Masterclass: "They will have a tech watching in case they see us maybe moving in a direction of “break the game code”."

Thank you VG :D That must be what I was thinking of. *whew*... was worried for a moment there I must have done too many mushrooms in the seventies ;)

(Did you know that your secret nickname is SpeedWeed? ;) )
  • RICCI288282RICCI288282 Posts: 10 New Member
    They are definitely going to give "foundation" documentation. We were told at sims camp. They are getting all this ready now, but I suppose slowed a bit because of gamescon.
  • velocitygrassvelocitygrass Posts: 103 Member
    (Did you know that your secret nickname is SpeedWeed? ;) )
    Hehe, that never occurred to me, but it's very funny.
  • SimKureeSimKuree Posts: 39 Member
    I have tweeted to Crin to ask if she could find out at gamescom who will be representing EA on this modding section.

I would like to know too.

PS: Inge your hat looks very weird. Yes, I hate you.
    You can find my S4PE here.
  • blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    SimKuree wrote: »

I would like to know too.

Crincrict has checked in with PMs on this forum today. She asked for questions to ask SimGuruHydra and King. I have resent your request (as a reminder) to ask them. ;)
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
    SimKuree wrote: »

I believe it's a tea cosy. At least, that is what I was told! But I don't remember the source ; )

• IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    It's a tea cosy for my head and a matching shawl, knitted specially for me by Rohina at MoreAwesomeThanYou. The one woman who is actually hated more than I am! :)
  • khlvhkhlvh Posts: 8 New Member
    Lurker from way back, glad to see some fantastic modders returning to do the next gen!!!!
  • garrison17garrison17 Posts: 362 Member
    Why would anyone hate you? I think majority of people highly respect you, your name is well known in the Sim community! I was happy to see you here- because I wouldn't want this game without the talent of mods- sharing in the community, makes the game worth playing!
    Mods is the only reason I want the game- I am hoping for a mod to stop emotional death-

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top