Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Show Stopping Styles Collection and CYS

Show Stopping Styles Collection

This set is not available for the Complete Your Set discount at this time??????

WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?

I own every item thru MMAO or goodie boxes, still don't own the set. Store team, please fix this. It really doesn't make any sense considering newer sets are CYS already. I'm not paying 1000+ simpoints on sale to own a set I own all the items in.

Comments

• KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    edited June 2014
    I don't get it either. :P
    giphy.gif

• despina53despina53 Posts: 1,654 Member
    edited June 2014
    Same here, Sandi. I own all of the pieces from MMAO or GoodieBoxes but it still says I have to buy the set :roll: .
    Call me Dee :p
    Proud member of the "Own The Store Club"
  • CogitotoroCogitotoro Posts: 1,401 Member
    edited June 2014
    Agree completely!

There are a couple of possibilities: 1) it's just laziness. They can do it; they just added CYS to Bohemian Garden. They just haven't gotten around to it despite being pleaded with for months by customers. That stinks. 2) because... reasons(???) Nope, I can't think of a good #2 possibility.

The set never sells on the Daily Deal - people would buy it if it had CYS, but nobody touches it because it doesn't. It kills MMAO deals - I won't buy an MMAO offer that has a piece of it in there, much less the entire set, and I know a lot of other people who won't either.

Just dumb.
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    edited June 2014
    Also if I recall the pc - hypnotizer is now available solo so it is confusing why either Seeing Stars or Show Stopping Styles isn't on cys.

edit to add
    logged out to double check prices, and now I think I might have a strong guess** as to why this set may never end up on cys.

**I'm not an ea employee so all I can do is guess, and hopefully they will prove me wrong.
      Hypnotizer 269 SimPoints
      Show Stopping Styles Collection 1,573 SimPoints Total Clothes Cost: 2275 {provided I didn't add wrong, it's late & I'm tired}
      Seeing Stars {All clothes & hypnotizer} 2,100 SimPoints
      But! if you buy the clothes and the PC separately you only pay 1842

So my Theory as to why it might never end up on cys is because when the set was released and then split up someone seriously messed up the pricing, and one of the upper level managers is probably hoping most people will buy the over priced big set instead of the two under priced sets/items.

Post edited by Unknown User on
      Peace, GranMama Dragon
      Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
      Save Game Often
      repair & clear caches Often
      S3 Studio
      S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
      Behrooz
      S2/3/4 Randomnes
    • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
      edited June 2014
      small nudge for price break down
      Peace, GranMama Dragon
      Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
      Save Game Often
      repair & clear caches Often
      S3 Studio
      S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
      Behrooz
      S2/3/4 Randomnes