Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Post-University Relationships?

My sim started a relationship at University, and has since graduated with a degree. I know that there is an option to let University friends to come over and visit, but is there any way to get her boyfriend to move in with her? Also, if they get married, will he automatically join the household, or still live at University? Thank you for any help!

Comments

• Options
    venusdemilosimsvenusdemilosims Posts: 1,918 Member
    edited June 2014
    Had the same issue.

Screenshot-2192_zps71061591.jpg

My main Sim's oldest daughter, Sage, began dating Uni townie Kyle Heilman at college. They hit it off and I decided that once Sage graduated he would come and live with her.

Screenshot-2181_zpsed4758fb.jpg

Kyle was completely smitten with her, asking her out repeatedly for dates.

So when she graduated, I asked him to visit. I kept interacting with him until the option to 'Move In' comes up. He will join the household as a regular playable Sim. Currently he's employed as a Fireman.
    jpnbanner2_zpscb7d2475.jpg header_zps436f0053.jpg

• Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited June 2014
    My sim started a relationship at University, and has since graduated with a degree. I know that there is an option to let University friends to come over and visit, but is there any way to get her boyfriend to move in with her? Also, if they get married, will he automatically join the household, or still live at University? Thank you for any help!

When my sims are back home I use the option on the phone to Invite Foreign Guest, and invite the UL sim. Once visiting I spam friendly interactions until I get the option to ask to move in. Then they move in.

I always move in a sim before marriage. I don't know what happens if you marry a sim from UL before moving in them. I'd expect the sim to move in immediately but I haven't done it that way in my game.
  • Options
    ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited June 2014
    If you marry them they move in.

Also you can cheat by doing this once the Sim visiting from University comes over.

Press

ctrl+shift+c

This brings up the cheat console

Type:

testingcheatsenabled true

Then shift+click on the Sim from university

You will get an option to "add to present household"

Click that option and that Sim will appear in the portrait panel on your left

Press:

ctrl+shift+c

Type:

testingcheatsenabled false

Now you're back where you started and the Sim is playable.
  • Options
    Danii1302Danii1302 Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="Chimark;12126622"]If you marry them they move in.

Also you can cheat by doing this once the Sim visiting from University comes over.

Press

ctrl+shift+c

This brings up the cheat console

Type:

testingcheatsenabled true

Then shift+click on the Sim from university

You will get an option to "add to present household"

Click that option and that Sim will appear in the portrait panel on your left

Press:

ctrl+shift+c

Type:

testingcheatsenabled false

Now you're back where you started and the Sim is playable.[/quote]

You can't add UL npc-'s into your household I've tried and it won't work
  • Options
    TheBuffster73TheBuffster73 Posts: 201 Member
    They defo move straight in if you marry them. One glitch I have had in the past though was my sim girl fell in love with a sim at UNI and when she invited him to stay he came and didn't know who she was!
    If the Apocalypse comes beep me
  • Options
    TkstarzTkstarz Posts: 3 New Member
    In Sims 3 University you can change the lot type from a community lot to a residential lot (my sim started dating someone in a frat when she went to university). Once the lot is converted into a residence you can split up the household. I removed my sim's boyfriend from the frat house and I placed a copy of the desired sim from the university into my library then returned back to my hometown where I placed the copy of the sim into his girlfriend's house, in which he became a playable sim. The only downside is they have to restart their romance, however at least they can finally marry.
  • Options
    EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top