Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Traits and Aspirations

Comments

• Vilin213923Vilin213923 Posts: 519 New Member
    edited June 2014
    What I'm liking is being able to select another aspiration once you completed one. In real life we don't just stop having goal to work towards, once we accomplish something we give ourselves a new goal. I do want to know more about the whims though.
  • RainbowDust1RainbowDust1 Posts: 353 Member
    edited June 2014
    I think this system is so cool: I can't wait to see how the different traits effect my Sims :mrgreen:
    14s9px.gif
  • xena311xena311 Posts: 51 Member
    edited June 2014
    Yeah, I'm pretty happy about that. It sucked when a Sim accomplished his Lifetime Wish early in life and then was sort of directionless. I wonder if you gain a trait permanently when you accomplish it or if you change that too when you get a new Aspiration.
  • Molie86Molie86 Posts: 651 Member
    edited June 2014
    You gain a reward trait, I think you lose the bonus trait if you switch aspiration however.

I wonder how traits are decided in game. Do you think we get all three at birth and then choose the aspiration as a teen or YA and then receive the bonus trait or do we get one as a baby another as a toddler and then the third as a child.
  • utterlyunzippedutterlyunzipped Posts: 503 New Member
    edited June 2014
    It all sounds very similar to how it worked in previous games!
  • RockingarollRockingaroll Posts: 183 New Member
    edited June 2014
    I really like it,it looks like it will actully give our sims personality.

Tormentor trait looks ver fun :twisted:
  • Ashgamer394Ashgamer394 Posts: 96 New Member
    edited June 2014
    What I really hope for is that traits actually have an impact on personality and gameplay. Some traits in Sims 3 didn't do much other than add a moodlet or making it faster to learn a skill.