Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The NANNY challenge

The nanny challenge

PLEASE NOTE: I am not basing anyone who has a nanny, saying that they are horrible parents or anything. I am just going off of what the movies show as parents of the nannies and etc. Please don't get mad if you do have a nanny I'm totally fine with that and okay with that. I just wanted to make a fun challenge.

Okay, so first off I want to say, I just recently watched the nanny diaries. And why I was thinking of sims while watching it? Don't ask me. XD Anyways, So I looked around, well basically just youtube and didn't really find a nanny challenge that was like a real nanny.

Basically a real nanny is to take care of the children while the mother and father go out and work. So I decided that I wanted to create my own nanny challenge. Although no points will be for this challenge, this is basically a fun and challenging challenge. Their supposed to be challenging right? Their a challenge!

I have not tried this challenge myself, I will be doing the challenge with you. Updates are welcome! Feel free to add me and message me your updates if you'd like to or any ideas you come up with to add for rules etc. Feel free to add anything or take away to your own taste, such as a single mother, while you're the nanny, or a single father, etc. Or have the mother and father not like each other, be divorced but living in the same house, that might get interesting. XD

Anyways now let's get on with the actual gameplay.

1. Okay so first rule, you must start off with a child. It can be from baby to child, you can't start off with a teenager as it makes it less challenging. Your sims that you will make in the CAS is, the mother, father, and then use the genetics tab to create a baby for the two, and then you choose baby, toddler or child. I recommend toddler to make it challenging a bit. And then of course, your main focus, the nanny.

2. You will ONLY play as the nanny. You will let the other sims run free, even the children. Only play as the nanny. Your nanny duties include the following, cooking for the family, cleaning, laundry, fixing items that are broke, and finally, raising the children. This includes making sure all toddlers have all three skills taken care of, and helping the children and teens with homework when possible.

3. Your nanny has to have the following traits at least, the neat trait, and the family oriented trait so she can train the children up with the skills they need.

4. You have to MAKE SURE you close off the kitchen so you can only cook as the nanny. Also, close off the children s bedrooms and the laundry room to only you. The parents are working full time and will not be spending time with their children, have no time to cook, clean and laundry, also fixing stuff. So you will be in charge of this as the nanny.

5. All sims in the house, new and ones made, MUST have the slob trait. It makes it a little more challenging for the nanny to have to clean up everything.

6. Make sure you have both the parents having jobs that will require them to work outside of the house a lot. Now I did research on this and it seems the jobs available to work the most are the ones that require only four days of work. Now I will list these jobs as these are the only ones you can have for the parents, also, if anyone finds anything different with EP's or anything please comment below and let me know and I'll add them here. I will also add how much you make for each career so you can choose which one you want, in case you want a (semi) poor life or a rich life.

7. To make this EXTRA challenging, I suggest having as many babies as possible. For this I suggest having I believe you need master controller along with portrait panel. Other than that, other mods are completely welcome, play as you see fit.

8. One or both parents MUST have the family oriented trait.

9. When the mother or father (whoever you have as the family oriented trait, or both) decide they want a baby, you HAVE to complete this wish, the only wishes you are allowed to accept are these, other than that you are to play the nanny and only them. This is the only time you are allowed to play as the parents.

Well I guess that is it for all the rules. Below I will list the jobs and the hours a day, if you all want, please comment below and let me know if you want me to put what days a week they work. But for now I will just leave it with the name of the career and in () I'll put the amount, now this is the amount per hour, and in another () I will put how much a day will be earned. I am not sure if it goes higher or if it's at level 10, I haven't experienced it more.

Jobs-

Criminal(thief branch)-($565/hr) ($2,260/day)
Journalism- ($383/hr) ($1,532/day)
Law(Special Agent Branch) - ($477/hr) ($1,908/day)
Law (Forensic branch)- ($397/hr) ($1,985/day)
Medical-($480/hr) ($2,400/day)
Music(Symphonic branch)- ($361/hr) ($1,805/day)

These are all the jobs available outside of the house able to work 4 days a week, These are the ONLY jobs that your mother and father are able to have. Again those with EP's and who have experienced more with the EP's careers (if any) please let me know if there are any jobs that let you work more than four days a week. DOES NOT INCLUDE UNEMPLOYMENT OR SELF-EMPLOYMENT.

Well, I believe that's it, if there is anything else I need to add to make it more charifiable please let me know! Thanks for reading this, I hope you like the challenge!

Comments

• MarLin114MarLin114 Posts: 1,724 Member
    edited June 2014
    This sounds really interesting, and challenging :D Anything that has to do with several children in a house at one time is a major challenge for me!

I'm working on Isla Paradiso right now and not ready to start playing a new game, but I'm going to give your Nanny Challenge a try as soon as I'm finished.

Your timing is amazing...I want to play in IP when it's finished but I didn't know what direction I was going to go in. Now I know. :wink:

Best of luck with your game!
    a.k.a. - Linda
  • TheGraveThiefTheGraveThief Posts: 7 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Love the look of this! I might even try it out later today. :D

One thing I would suggest, is maybe adding a few more solid rules for those that like to follow more strict guidelines, though it's not necessary if it's not something you're interested in doing. For example - maybe at least one of the parents has to have the family-oriented trait and every time either of the parents has the wish to have another child you MUST fulfill this wish (this being the only time you can control them, other than getting them jobs if you don't use certain mods.)

Just an idea though, this challenge is definitely awesome already. Great job! If I feel it's worth it I'll let you know how this goes for me.
  • premiepower94premiepower94 Posts: 30
    edited June 2014
    Awesome! I wasn't sure this challenge would get any hits! Well I guess it did! Anyways, I think I will add that rule. Thanks for the idea!
  • Gracie0305Gracie0305 Posts: 6 New Member
    At premiepower94, how are we supposed to keep the parents out of the kitchen, laundry and kids rooms?
  • Xx_Dopey_Doo_xXXx_Dopey_Doo_xX Posts: 9 New Member
    I can't wait to try this! Are we allowed to have separate buildings for the parents and the nanny and kids? Or do we have to seperate them a different way?