Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's Talk...Pregnancy and Babies

We haven't heard much about how the pregnancies are being handled (sims 2 or sims 3 style anyone?) but we can at least confirm kids are going to be making an appearance in game. Does anyone have any suggestions to how pregnancies are going to be done? Do you reckon it will be gradual pregnancy or bump 1 bump 2 bump 3 style?

14071257106_f659236002_o.png

I found this from the simsforums so I'm not sure if this picture has circled here yet. Do you reckon the blonde boy on the sofa is a teenager? There are some hairs that I haven't seen before (the girl perched on the arm's, for example).
Origin Username: LizzieMay +++ New friends are always welcome :)

Comments

• vampiricdreams31vampiricdreams31 Posts: 219 Member
    edited June 2014
    He looks like a teen and the dude on the side is lecturing him, perhaps? That's why the blond guy looks like he doesn't give a **** what dad is saying to him. The girl sitting on the side also looks like a teen. Maybe the girl is the guy in the suite's father and he's yelling at her boyfriend because he found out they've been woohooing?

But than my mind just went somewhere else. Perhaps their brother and sister and the other guy is charming the female teen into going out on a date with him, and bald dude standing behind her that's glaring at the guy is her father? So many different story scenarios going on in this picture itself.
  • SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited June 2014
    I am sure that TS4 will continue the 1,2,3 bump style that we have seen in previous games. It is just too difficult to code a gradually increase - just as it is too hard to create Sims of different heights.

It isn't impossible, but it would require so many resources to develop that they won't bother - they would rather use those resources to add something new/ extra to the game - a new unique object, say, or a couple of extra animations.

• mystidysemystidyse Posts: 16 New Member
    edited June 2014
    I just hope that TS3 Generations was a trial and error for whats to come in TS4 there were tons of great interaction there that i'd love to keep. Can't wait for E3 hopefully they touch on the subject :D
  • abigail2244abigail2244 Posts: 486 New Member
    edited June 2014
    We haven't heard much about how the pregnancies are being handled (sims 2 or sims 3 style anyone?) but we can at least confirm kids are going to be making an appearance in game. Does anyone have any suggestions to how pregnancies are going to be done? Do you reckon it will be gradual pregnancy or bump 1 bump 2 bump 3 style?

I found this from the simsforums so I'm not sure if this picture has circled here yet. Do you reckon the blonde boy on the sofa is a teenager? There are some hairs that I haven't seen before (the girl perched on the arm's, for example).
    This picture was released May the 4th for Star Wars day. If you look all of the sims are characters in Star Wars:) And yes, The teens are supposed to be Luke Skywalker and princess Leia
    Edit: Actually I'm not sure if it was said that they are teens or if the forums just decided that's what it was
  • Lizziemay12Lizziemay12 Posts: 1,178 Member
    edited June 2014

This picture was released May the 4th for Star Wars day. If you look all of the sims are characters in Star Wars:) And yes, The teens are supposed to be Luke Skywalker and princess Leia
    Edit: Actually I'm not sure if it was said that they are teens or if the forums just decided that's what it was

Oh! I got the "May the 4th be with you" reference to Star Wars but not the characeters. I was going to say that her hair was almost a Princess Leia copy but I didn't want the ruffle the feathers of die hard fans!
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited June 2014
    He looks like he could be a teen. I don't know what I expect as far as pregnancy and babies. I just hope it's not a lame transition from trimester to trimester or even worse just a baby carriage appearing from nowhere on the floor like in the original game.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• hihi122122hihi122122 Posts: 1,259 Member
    edited June 2014
    Hopefully it isn't Sims 1 style :p The baby bed just *pouf* appears.
    edited June 2014
    I am hoping for the gradual tummy but I really hope the babies don't come in those wrapped towels. I prefer the babies in nappies or even bare when they come out of huge hospital. But I can see them being like those in The Sims Freeplay with their little pyjamas.
  • KyliesThoughtsKyliesThoughts Posts: 698 Member
    edited June 2014
    I don't mind the three different bump styles, and I don't even expect them to do gradual growing bellies. My main concern is what the babies will actually look like. Will they have limbs, or be burrito babies again? Will we be able to bathe them again? Will toddlers and babies have more interactions with different age groups?

*Sigh I'm hoping I at least get my first question answered at E3. :-(
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited June 2014
    I am hoping for the gradual tummy but I really hope the babies don't come in those wrapped towels. I prefer the babies in nappies or even bare when they come out of huge hospital. But I can see them being like those in The Sims Freeplay with their little pyjamas.

I would be okay with the pjs from Sims Freeplay style. I'll even take the Sims 2 style, at least they could move their arms and legs.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

edited June 2014
    I don't mind the three different bump styles, and I don't even expect them to do gradual growing bellies. My main concern is what the babies will actually look like. Will they have limbs, or be burrito babies again? Will we be able to bathe them again? Will toddlers and babies have more interactions with different age groups?

Speaking of, I would love to have an interaction where a sitting child can hold a newborn while mom watches over or something. That would be so cute:)
    edited June 2014
    double post
    edited June 2014

Yeah hopefully we get to see what the babies will look like. This is a pretty big thing to release so hopefully we get to know sooner rather than later.
  • AP_PepperAP_Pepper Posts: 465 Member
    edited June 2014
    I hope they show us babies and toddlers at E3 because we have seen nothing of them so far in all the leaks and everything.:/ and starting to question whether they've been forgotten like they were in TS3 in terms of interactions and gameplay
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    edited June 2014
    I really hope that they put a lot more work into babies and toddlers than they did TS3. Well, all the games really. But I see that they have really thought out the game and I think they are taking a page from Sims Freeplay. There are a lot of interactions from Free play that are big features, plus the toddler items in the store were big sellers. Hopefully they learned that people care just as much about the young as they do the adults. Plus there are always baby posts on the forums.
  • Stilw8tinStilw8tin Posts: 662 Member
    edited June 2014
    Such a good thread! I to was wondering about this! :) I hope they have gradual increase with their stomachs, but like other people, I won't mind if it's like TS2 style,... I do hope they have more interactions then TS3 babies and toddlers did. O.o
    -Stilw8tin

'Happiness Can Be Found, Even In The Darkest Of Times' - Dumbledore
  • DaQueen84DaQueen84 Posts: 400 New Member
    edited June 2014
    I'd like to be able to pick maternity clothes. My sims always looked terrible pregnant.
  • wickedjr89wickedjr89 Posts: 1,777 Member
    edited June 2014

This. In TS2 they had limbs so I hope they have limbs again and aren't just burritos. I'd love to be able to bathe them again and for them to have more interactions. In TS2 children could play peek a boo with toddlers and toddlers could "huggle" each other, it was so cute!

I would like to be able to pick maternity clothes, I can do this in TS3 with the Master Controller mod but it'd be nice to not need a mod to do that.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited June 2014
    wickedjr89 wrote:

This. In TS2 they had limbs so I hope they have limbs again and aren't just burritos. I'd love to be able to bathe them again and for them to have more interactions. In TS2 children could play peek a boo with toddlers and toddlers could "huggle" each other, it was so cute!

I would like to be able to pick maternity clothes, I can do this in TS3 with the Master Controller mod but it'd be nice to not need a mod to do that.
    I never minded about the burrito baby's (because I didn't know any better), but they would be way better with legs. Just not half naked as they are in 2 (or am I mistaken about that...).

In Sims 3 children can play peek a boo too with toddlers (and hug them), but I would very much like it if toddlers could play and interact with each other as well.
    As for maternity clothes: I always change my pregnant sim into maternity clothes that I recolor on the first day of her pregnancy, that way they wear what I want. I only wish there would be more choice in maternity clothes. And some kind of icon in CAS so you can tell clothes are suitable to get pregnant in.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • KaileKaile Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited June 2014
    IM curious to see how the baby belly will work on all the different moms we will be able to create. in TS4 you can shape the stomach and body to look however you want so it will be interesting to see how the pregnancys work
  • KarennKarenn Posts: 4,326 Member
    edited June 2014
    I hope we get to hear about Pregnancy, Babies and Toddlers at E3 on Monday. We haven't heard a word on any of those topics. I hope they have arms and legs and not wrapped up anymore. And I hope there are more interactions with them when they are born. For Pregnancy I hope there will be options at the hospital to tell the gender, and pregnancy check ups would also be fun to have.

Also I want to hear more about Marriages and Wedding Ceremony's. Will there be Rings involved? since I saw in a sims 4 video there were rings on their hands.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited June 2014
    Schweighsr wrote:
    I am sure that TS4 will continue the 1,2,3 bump style that we have seen in previous games. It is just too difficult to code a gradually increase - just as it is too hard to create Sims of different heights.

It isn't impossible, but it would require so many resources to develop that they won't bother - they would rather use those resources to add something new/ extra to the game - a new unique object, say, or a couple of extra animations.

No, I'm pretty sure the belly will grow gradually again like it did in The Sims 3. The: 1,2,3 bump is a step back imo.
  • knh330knh330 Posts: 1,593 Member
    edited June 2014
    rudy8292 wrote:
    No, I'm pretty sure the belly will grow gradually again like it did in The Sims 3. The: 1,2,3 bump is a step back imo.
    Well, IMO it wouldn't be a step back because it's always been that way. No CASt is a step back. If the 1-2-3 bump was included, it just wouldn't be a step forward.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited June 2014
    knh330 wrote:
    rudy8292 wrote:
    Well, IMO it wouldn't be a step back because it's always been that way. No CASt is a step back. If the 1-2-3 bump was included, it just wouldn't be a step forward.

Ehh, in The Sims 3, my pregnant sims bellies gradually grow, so how is the 1,2,3 not a step back? :roll:
  • knh330knh330 Posts: 1,593 Member
    edited June 2014
    rudy8292 wrote:
    knh330 wrote:
    rudy8292 wrote:

Ehh, in The Sims 3, my pregnant sims bellies gradually grow, so how is the 1,2,3 not a step back? :roll:
    Oops, I wasn't thinking right. I haven't had a pregnant sim in Sims 3 for a while. My mistake. But, I don't really care how the tummies grow in Sims 4. That was never a really big deal to me. But, it was kind of funny seeing Sims 2 sims get all surprised when their bump grew.