Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Food

Hello!

Do you reckon they would be new recipes? I've seen pictures of the pancakes (the one with Bob and his complaining companion spring to mind) and they look quite different and a bit thicker than the ones we've seen in Sims 2 and 3.

I've read about scrambled eggs (I think it was on the SimsVIP page) so this is definitely new.

Also, with the drinks! I can't wait to see how this works out. Like there could be alcoholic cocktails for adults and juices for kids.
Origin Username: LizzieMay +++ New friends are always welcome :)

Comments

• Options
    muddypaws4167muddypaws4167 Posts: 2,108 New Member
    edited June 2014
    I cant wait for new recipes but I am also hoping for a nicer variety of take out/delivery foods. Not just pizza.
  • Options
    Lizziemay12Lizziemay12 Posts: 1,178 Member
    edited June 2014
    Yeah, one of the pictures on the new sims website about sims 4 was of a pizza guy holding a new styled pizza box (I think it was an octopus or something similar). I reckon there is other take-out stuff but I've never really thought about that. I liked the Chinese food they can order out. I reckon there might even be dining experiences that was in The Sims 2.
  • Options
    Lizziemay12Lizziemay12 Posts: 1,178 Member
    edited June 2014
    Yeah, one of the pictures on the new sims website about sims 4 was of a pizza guy holding a new styled pizza box (I think it was an octopus or something similar). I reckon there is other take-out stuff but I've never really thought about that. I liked the Chinese food they can order out. I reckon there might even be a dining experience that was in The Sims 2.
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited June 2014
    Since it looks like the neighborhood was inspired by New Orleans, they should definitely give us some Cajun and Creole dishes. :)

Jambalaya, red beans and rice, shrimp etouffee, beignets... that would be awesome.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    vampiricdreams31vampiricdreams31 Posts: 219 Member
    edited June 2014
    I would love if they incorporated dishes from all over the world to represent nations all over the world, and fans of the game are all around the world.

* Italy- 2 to 3 different types of pasta- spaghetti, lasagna, and raviolli

* India- 2 to 3 different types of dishes- panjabi, pani-puri, and rasgulla

* Mexico- 2 to 3 different types of dishes- tacos, quesadillas, and tortas

* China- 2 to 3 different types of dishes- mien, dumplings, and spring rolls

* Japan- 2 to 3 different types of dishes- sushi, teriyaki, and miso soup

* USA- 2 to 3 different types of dishes- New Orlands gumbo, fried chicken, and prime rib

* France- 2 to 3 different types of dishes- flamiche, confit de canard, and ratatouille

* Britian- 2 to 3 different types of dishes- roast beef, fish and chips, shepherd's pie

And of course have a desert that represents each country

* Mexico- Grilled Apple Cinnamon A la Mode Tacos

* China- Douhua aka Tofu pudding

* Japan- Suama

* USA- Cheesecake

* France- French Apple Tart

* Britain- Banoffee Pie

* Italy- Tartufo di *****

* India- Modak Dumplings

Just some ideas of some of my favorite dishes I've experienced and had the pleasure to try. This was just ideas that ran off the top of my head.
  • Options
    muddypaws4167muddypaws4167 Posts: 2,108 New Member
    edited June 2014
    ooohh Vampiric- I like how you think !!
  • Options
    KyliesThoughtsKyliesThoughts Posts: 698 Member
    edited June 2014
    I hope we get to order Chinese food. Also, I hope we can someday order different types of pizza, like meat-lovers, vegetarian, pepperoni, or cheese only. :P
  • Options
    vampiricdreams31vampiricdreams31 Posts: 219 Member
    edited June 2014
    Also, I do love the idea of different types of take-out, or going to a restaurant perhaps and bringing back left-overs from the restaurant.

Order from a pizza joint and a menu would pop up that allowed you to not only order a pizza, but perhaps breadsticks on the side? And if you didn't want to cook for a party you're sim is holding have the option to order more than 1 pizza so everyone at the party could grab a slice or two?

Also, maybe we could choose from ordering food at a restaurant instead of just eating at the restaurant? Sim could order and than pick it up at a carside pick-up? Not a drive-thru, but similar to Applebee's, Bob Evan's, Chili's, and other places that have a car-side & go.

I love your idea KyliesThoughts about the different types of pizza. I'm not a fan of pepperoni and what if my sim is a Vegetarian? It wouldn't make sense to have a Vegetarian eat meat on her pizza. I'd love to have a garden pizza.

And one other thing- different selection of take out- not just Chinese or Pizza, but throw in a bucket of chicken, hamburgers and french fries, or a delicious cake from a nearby bakery.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited June 2014
    GabbyGirlJ wrote:
    Since it looks like the neighborhood was inspired by New Orleans, they should definitely give us some Cajun and Creole dishes. :)

Jambalaya, red beans and rice, shrimp etouffee, beignets... that would be awesome.
    Lets not forget blacken chicken and fish, crawfish, gumbo, dirty rice. :XD: :thumbup:
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited June 2014
    sunman502 wrote:
    GabbyGirlJ wrote:

Lets not forget blacken chicken and fish, crawfish, gumbo, dirty rice. :XD: :thumbup:

Perfect! I agree with all of those things. Especially gumbo. :D
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    ElyssandarielElyssandariel Posts: 556 Member
    edited June 2014
    alligator! New Orleans food isn't New Orleans food without alligator!
    tumblr_inline_mw78cm2WhN1qajk9h.gif
    Thicker Than Thieves: A sim legacy story