Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♥♥♥ Sims 1 and 2 thread for those interested ♥♥♥

Comments

• PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited June 2014
    mcrudd wrote:
    Here they are :mrgreen:

xiDPh7N.jpg

p32120h.jpg

ez7AlVv.jpg

SteDe46.jpg

bYaqti4.jpg

Bm6z9it.jpg

They are not 100 percent exact due to the fact that no cc, store content or stuff packs were allowed. So I had to make to with only Expansion packs.

Awesome pictures!
    :) Smile!

• PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited June 2014
    They are fantastic, mcrudd! :D Nice job on all of them. The in-game pics really show off how close you were able to get to their likenesses.
  • zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    edited June 2014
    Wow, I love your sims 1 remakes mcrudd! And I actually think you did a fantastic job on the clothing! Especially the older Goth couple, the cats! The Newbies.
  • DiamondkoolDiamondkool Posts: 4,481 Member
    edited June 2014
    I love throwing wedding parties in the Sims 2. :D

snapshot_54ea7244_ff09c7cc.jpg

snapshot_94ea7244_df895438.jpg

[img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/-as-e-qUPsJI/U52j-PVg_TI/AAAAAAAABGg/ageCnwLB1v8/w600-h450-no/snapshot_adae8020_ff0027d5.jpg[/img]

snapshot_54ea7388_4002f5aa.jpg

[img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/-61GLFEwMRwU/U52kPlqGh9I/AAAAAAAABGw/Ik7IVNdlO7Y/w600-h450-no/snapshot_34ea7388_e00c1213.jpg[/img]

[img]https://🐸🐸🐸🐸.googleusercontent.com/-8GpJcZnvLQc/U52kZUhjnWI/AAAAAAAABG4/suB9pJoTi4c/w600-h450-no/snapshot_6dae6a73_c06d8fb3.jpg[/img]
    7ef6931fe80152dcec309a30cbe73f13.png
    Click on my signature to access my tumblr blog!
  • RacherzRacherz Posts: 64 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Can anyone tell me why I have flies around the house? The house is always clean, i have that cleaning robot too. The genie set my bed on fire, AGAIN! but that's all cleaned. I don't understand why these flies are still around. There only in the bedroom
    edited June 2014
    Just got Sims on Holiday, Sims Superstar, and Sims Unleashed for £2.97!! All from the charity shop. Think i'll go back for that Hot Date ;D haha
    edited June 2014
    @Racherz - I think the flies are a glitch. Maybe even there's a patch in one of your new expansions?

I'm thinking in sims 1 you HAVE to install the EP's in correct order though, someone please tell me if that's right?

The flies may be caused by an invisible dirty plate on the floor, something like that, maybe I can google it. I imagine that must be Quite annoying! Not to mention bringing their mood down.

Edit: Back from google. Said even an unmade bed can cause flies in sims 1.
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    edited June 2014
    zorba2357 wrote:
    @Racherz - I think the flies are a glitch. Maybe even there's a patch in one of your new expansions?

I'm thinking in sims 1 you HAVE to install the EP's in correct order though, someone please tell me if that's right?

The flies may be caused by an invisible dirty plate on the floor, something like that, maybe I can google it. I imagine that must be Quite annoying! Not to mention bringing their mood down.

Edit: Back from google. Said even an unmade bed can cause flies in sims 1.

Yes, Sims 1 installation order DOES matter. Matters so much it will even tell you during installation if you try to install them out of order.

As for me, I'm currently playing Sims 2. My unpublished Build a City Challenge. I'm on Round 21 (I play with seasonal rotations). I'm on generation 5/6. I've got one branch of the family that's a generation ahead due to plant sims. And about to add in generation 7 due to that as well...

And I haven't really been caring about outfits or how good looking their spouse is. So I've got some unique looking Sims. And I'm almost to the point where I've unlocked everything short of a Downtown.
  • venusdemilosimsvenusdemilosims Posts: 1,918 Member
    edited June 2014
    I reinstalled Sims 2 on my computer after it crashed. I have yet to play it though. :) I have yet to relocate all of the CC I had saved.
    jpnbanner2_zpscb7d2475.jpg header_zps436f0053.jpg

edited June 2014
    I reinstalled Sims 2 on my computer after it crashed. I have yet to play it though. :) I have yet to relocate all of the CC I had saved.

You could always download NEW (or old but new to you) cc. There's lots and lots of it out there and TSR is all free now , for sims 2 and 1. I added my old cc, 8 discs, yes you heard that right , 8 CD-R discs of it, PLUS then I downloaded boatloads of new stuff. :lol: I'm kind of a cc junkie for sims 1 and 2.

edited June 2014
    Post not showing up problem.

Nevermind it posted.
    edited June 2014
    That'e the thing though. Nothing is out of place. I only have the one sim so every meal she eats, the plate gets washed, she doesn't snack as I find it annoying. Newspapers are always cleaned up, bed is made every single time she gets out of it due to the fact you can get cockroaches. Its sooooo annoying

As for the installing in the wrong order. I have, I got makin' magic before I found the others, and if im correct, Makin' magic was the last EP to come out for the original series. However it didn't tell me that im installing in the wrong order.

So confused :? I have them all apart from house party and hot date now. I'll reinstall them in order. I'll lose my sim but as long as those flies buzz off!!
    edited June 2014
    @Racherz-

You don't have to lose your sim!

Here's what I would do BEFORE you uninstall anything -

Start menu / computer / programfiles x86/ maxis/ the sims/ Userdata

The userdata file is the whole save for neighborhood one, userdata1 , 2 etc is the next neighborhoods in order. If the neighborhood where your sim is , is the first one, just save the first "userdata".

Save to desktop folder, CD-R disc (what I do), or flashdrive.

Next uninstall all sims 1 games and also go back to Start menu/ Computer/ program files x86/ maxis/ the sims

If the sims file is left delete the whole thing to start new.

Reinstall in order, when all done simply Delete the new "userdata" file , copy and paste the old one in there. Your old neighborhood and sims and everything should be there.

If you have custom content you will also have to add that back.

• BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
    edited June 2014
    I have a question for all you Sims 2 fans. Is there a way to use the "tilt" action like you can in Sims 3? I hate having to either look down on the house or turn off wall to see straight through. I like in Sims 3 how you can tilt to see at different angles, but can't figure out if it's possible in 2. TIA!
    heartstopper-couple.gif
    edited June 2014
    I have a question for all you Sims 2 fans. Is there a way to use the "tilt" action like you can in Sims 3? I hate having to either look down on the house or turn off wall to see straight through. I like in Sims 3 how you can tilt to see at different angles, but can't figure out if it's possible in 2. TIA!

Does your mouse have a wheel?

If so, press that button and move the mouse. Camera tilts. Unfortunately there is no way to rebind the keys so if you don't have a mouse with a wheel, you're stuck without tilt to the best of my knowledge.
    edited June 2014

To take pics without the UI interface, and to zoom in and out better, hit "Tab" (upper middle left of your keyboard), then use "Z" to zoom in or "X" to zoom out. Hit "C" to snap a pic. Picture will then be in your family storytelling folder. Hit Tab again to exit out.

Yes the mouse wheel will tilt in some instances.
    edited June 2014
    zorba2357 wrote:

To take pics without the UI interface, and to zoom in and out better, hit "Tab" (upper middle left of your keyboard), then use "Z" to zoom in or "X" to zoom out. Hit "C" to snap a pic. Picture will then be in your family storytelling folder. Hit Tab again to exit out.

Yes the mouse wheel will tilt in some instances.

I have yet to find an instance where pressing the mouse wheel button would not tilt the camera. So I would call it most if not all instances.
  • BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
    edited June 2014
    Okay thanks guys. I don't have a mouse, but a touchpad for my laptop. :cry:
    heartstopper-couple.gif
    edited June 2014
    If you go into build mode , they added this in Nightlife I think it is, regular view and top down view. In top down view the mouse wheel is pretty useless.

The mouse wheel does tilt in regular play but it is limited. But if you play with tab, and the mouse wheel you can get some varied angles.

That's sims 2. Sims 1 I don't think works to tilt at all.

@BatmanFangirl, there may be a keyboard letter or character for it, not sure I'd have to search around or google.
  • AnthonoAnthono Posts: 904 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Sorry i haven't updated lately!
  • AaeiynAaeiyn Posts: 521 Member
    edited June 2014
    Awesome thread ^_^ I never played TS2, but I did play TS1 ^_^
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Thought I move it to the new sims 1 section :)
  • SimLadyCandiSimLadyCandi Posts: 11 New Member
    I so remember that really grumpy lady. I always avoided her; she was never in a good mood.
  • SimLadyCandiSimLadyCandi Posts: 11 New Member
    I love the pics, thank you for sharing. I was a freshman in high school when the first sims game came out. I asked my parents for that one and they bought me on expac, but I don't remember what the expac was. Anyways, I need to find out how to get the original game and the expacs and see if they work with Windows 8
  • basslinewildbasslinewild Posts: 268 Member
    Oh, the nostalgia. :p I miss TS1!
    Tessa :)
    Gallery items under : TessaNicolle
    Check out my houses!