Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a way for more than 8 sims on a lot?

I have a Sim[r]eality show set in mind and I want to know if there is a way to have more than 8 sims in a household?

Comments

• ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    edited February 2014
    Only with mods. You would need several from Nraas. MasterController, Portrait Panel.... and I'm thinking at least one other, but I can't remember which one. I don't overstuff so I don't know all you would need. You could go to Nraas and read up on their mods (recommended before installing a mod anyways) and see which ones are needed.

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/News+Of+The+Day
    p8L4V6v.png
  • blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited February 2014
    See my post here. There is also a video link in that post that shows you how to do it. :wink:
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    edited February 2014
    You need Master Controller,Mover,Story Progression,Portrait Panel and the one I have to call the W-Mistake Mod here because I can't use it's real name here in the forums.You might want Relationship Panel if you're also looking to edit their relationships.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • FuzzySlipers45FuzzySlipers45 Posts: 1,343 Member
    edited February 2014
    TadOlson wrote:
    You need Master Controller,Mover,Story Progression,Portrait Panel and the one I have to call the W-Mistake Mod here because I can't use it's real name here in the forums.You might want Relationship Panel if you're also looking to edit their relationships.

You don't need Story Progression, or the W-mod.
  • blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited February 2014
    TadOlson wrote:

You don't need Story Progression, or the W-mod.
    Agrees with this.

MoreThan8Sims3 - approx 8 mins.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92xqyj1ChzQ

Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited February 2014
    As others have said, you need MC and PP. You also need one of the MC add-ones (I forget which) in order to create the household in CAS.

After that, I depends how you'll be playing. I believe you do need the unnameable mod in order to try for babies when you are past the usual household limit.

You also need Mover if you plan on using the move dialogue box when you are past the usual household limit.

You don't need SP or RP though that I'm aware.
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
    edited February 2014
    You need a mod as the others have said, but I don't know why you need to exceed the 8 Sim limit. I simply can't control that many. I don't think I have ever gone over five and then I split up the household.

But, of course, playing styles are different.