Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

World Corruption Issues Inquiry?

It was suggested that I re-post my question here. I was looking into some world overhauls (NOT using CAW, just clearing lots and such) and I heard that you can corrupt a world by deleting lots and town sims. Can anyone give me a little more insight on this and what exactly in regards to actions causes the corruption?

I heard some of this was related to the graveyard, can I relocate the graveyard and move the tombstones (using the moveobjects cheat) without causing corruption or would I be better off completely deleting the lot?

I don't use many mods, but I am not anti-mod, is there a mod I can use to "clean" a world so it doesn't corrupt?

Any thoughts would be appreciated. I have already done some building, but I didn't plan on actually using the world I am doing the building in for play anyway, I am going to save the lots to the bin and go from there with a fresh world load.

Many thanks for as detailed an answer as possible.

Comments

• KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited January 2014
    You've had a couple of replies in the Creative Corner thread now.

My contribution is the link to this thread. It goes into some detail on the things you've been asking about.

Bizarre Cause of Lag or Freeze

This thread talks about the issue of deleting hidden tombstones in lots that you bulldoze in a world.

Additionally, Writin_Reg has had quite a lot to say on this issue over the last couple of days in this thread.

Patch 1.66 - Is this a Joke!?

Her main concern seems to be the in game World Editor that lets you add new lots to a world. Apparently it breaks the routing somewhere else in the World. If you are using Create A World tool to build your own worlds, the same thing happens, but there is a button you can click that fixes the broken routing. EA hasn't given us that button for us to use in game when we add new lots.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited January 2014
    Both Twallan and Pescado have mods that will annihilate all sims - so you will need one or the other. There is no safe way to delete sims otherwise. People try and tell you to evict them to the clipboard and delete them - I cannot attest one way or the other with the store world - but the ep worlds I know that just corrupts your game as those sims are hardwired into the game via the game files and programming - so when they are deleted it just makes them invisible and shatters their files through out that ep game.

But if you do not want to go via the mods I hear that there is a site called Cawster where he already has the world files cleaned and people seem to swear by him - but I can not honestly say yay or nay as I have never looked into it further. I know the CAW wiki over at mod the sims also is a good source for info - Kiwi Tea, Simsample, and many others over there in that CAW forum have real clear info in doing just about anything regarding the worlds.

Also ghosts are very tricky dealing with - but deleting the graveyard is not a good idea - I know deleting any lot that has a grave and ghost on it is setting your game up for lots of lag - so even though ghosts only carry part of their files - the rest of their files is in the game files, and even worse they are often linked to living sims in the world so it makes a mess of the files.

The really truly only 100 percent way to remove a living sims is for them to die and to remove a dead sims is to send it to the Netherworld. Usually that is done by getting to know the sims and being able to click on them - eventually you will get asked if you want to send them to the Netherworld. They do need to have their grave stone in their inventory - and then they will disappear for good.

I found that out quite by accident after a sims I did not know happen to drop dead on my sims lot and just moved in basically. I tried everything to make her leave because she was scaring sims out of bed all the time - and finally decided to befriend her - thinking I could make her a playable ghost that way and then move her out to her families house. After my sim was her friend I clicked on her one day to tell her to do something and the offer to send her to the Netherworld came up - so I said yes. She left and never reappeared anywhere in the world. Best of all the game had no problems with it. But unfortunately that takes a bit if time.

Karritz has already mentioned the WE - and the problems associated with placing your own lots. The only safe way to do that is in CAW. So you might want to look into Cawsters for already clean one. I believe you can google it.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• MariesaliasMariesalias Posts: 1,954 Member
    edited January 2014
    Twallan's Master Controller is his mod that will let get rid of everyone cleanly, through the Total Annihilation option.

Pescado's Awesomemod will do it too, though his mod is much more invasive and once you play a town with it in, you will not be able to play it without it (it will corrupt).

If you are patched up to 1.66 (the new patch), you would need to wait until the mods are updated for that patch level.
  • FrayedFlightFrayedFlight Posts: 520 Member
    edited January 2014
    Once again, thank you so much for your assistance and suggestions. I will look into them.

I have the most recent update, but I am not in a hurry so I can wait for the mods suggested to be updated and will look into the other thoughts at well.

I really love how nice and helpful this community is, I sincerely hope I haven't made a pest of myself.
    edited January 2014
    Despite the issues and complication of CAW, I am starting to think it might be my best option. >_<

Edit: NRASS has discontinued updating mods as of the 5th. Bummer. I may be back to not being able to play at all now, Errortrap and Overwatch were a huge game-savers for me. :/

More Edit: On the bright side, while I wait for the above with baited breath, with my little to no experience with CAW, I was able to download the resource files for the world I want to rebuild from the CAWster site with no population (that I can tell), place the files, export the word and install it to my game. Seems to be okay, it loaded up fine, of course I won't have any real way to know if it's actually "clean." I am hoping since people "swear by it," that they are in good shape. Thank you so much for the advice, it's something, at least! It's crashing when I try to exit to menu, but it was doing that before the last patch too so...
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited January 2014
    It might help to stop the crashing by putting a DEP exception for the sims3.exe. I know I have a DEP exception every since pets and I have quite the pc - but without it in DEP mine did crash with Pets. Since I did that I have never had another crash.

Also make sure Origin is up to date - as well adobe flash player as the game and launcher need that software up to date to run properly.

Hope some of that helps.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

edited January 2014
    Mine is pretty beefy too, so thank you for the advice, I will try that.

You have been extremely helpful, thank you. I think it's a testament to the original game design how many problems and self-servicing the community is willing to do to, to play this series.
    edited January 2014
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    It might help to stop the crashing by putting a DEP exception for the sims3.exe. I know I have a DEP exception every since pets and I have quite the pc - but without it in DEP mine did crash with Pets. Since I did that I have never had another crash.

It seems like this fixed it! Thanks again!
    edited January 2014
    Excellent.

In dreams - I LIVE!