Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Roaring Heights and Weather

I have seasons in all my games. When it starts raining it rains excessively in all my games, so I usually turn rain off and leave the other weather checked. I started a new game in Roaring Heights and the typical monsoon season started and my sim is currently building her ark as every time I try to turn the rain off I get the wonderfully helpful message that 'Sims 3 has stopped working' This happens immediately after I go into options and un-check rain. I will flip back to game and boom game gone. I even tried turning off all the season features and all the weather and same message again. Once she even got halfway home and sun was peeking out and everything went black. :shock: This happened 3 times last night til I gave up. The game played fine after I quit trying to stop the rain. I tried once more this morning since puter was well rested and same ole' same ole'. I have a current game in AS rain off, no problem. I have another in MH no problems. Obviously, I am gonna have to let her build the ark and buy more umbrella's and galoshes and just let it rain for now. Is anyone else having this problem? Is this considered a bug or glitch? Or is it just my own little PIA to deal with? :roll: :?: :(

Comments

• loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    edited December 2013
    I'm sorry you're having this problem. The almost constant downpours whatever the season tick me off a bit too, though I sometimes quite like a good thunder storm. So instead of just turning off the rain altogether in 'Options', I just enable testing cheats and change the weather to sunny (or foggy or whatever). It stops the rain temporarily so maybe not quite what you want, but at least it might be a solution for RH? If not, good luck with the ark :wink:
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    edited December 2013
    Gosh, this is why I love this forum. Didn't think about that!! I just wanted some pics of building without the stupid rain. :lol::lol: Thanks. I will remember when it starts back. It was 3 sims days in a row.