Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wanted: New Retail Sales Director for SIms 3 Store

I really think the ad read something like this: :shock:

'No experience in sales or marketing necessary. Must be totally clueless and think the entire Sims 3 community are complete 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and will continue to buy the same sale items at 20% off after they have been on sale for a week at 60/50/40/30% off. Must have a thick hide so the slinging arrows of complaints do not penetrate to the inner reaches of the brain where common sense might prevail and the sale page could be updated to new and fun things to buy that haven't been on sale for weeks on end.'

Come on store team. Give us a break. Even if I own practically the whole store I cringe at the thoughts of some poor simmer actually purchasing a sale item in the next week. I'm sure there may be a few around that missed the sales earlier. I just hope they read a few forums before buying. Don't you think you could make a lot more money in the next week by putting up new sale items? Including worlds and venues that haven't been on sale recently, that I didn't get dups of in my goodie boxes and preferably a better offer than what the MMOA machine gives. I don't think its asking too much for a nice change for everyone. I was really looking forward to seeing a new sale page on Friday. Makes no sense to extend it thru the 13th.

Comments

• ctroihd1ctroihd1 Posts: 218 Member
    edited December 2013
    Yea, the sales page made me cringe! The next week will be a long one with nothing to look forward to... :thumbdown:
  • Jojo777Jojo777 Posts: 21,909 Member
    edited December 2013
    Agh, sales page, you're killing me!!

No, I did not buy any of those sets at 60% off, so why in a million years would I buy them now???

I'm just actually curious if anybody is going to buy a single one of these sets at these prices.

And, to add to the misery of it all, CYS hasn't even been returned to them.
  • APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    edited December 2013
    It is rather odd, and I don't really know what to make of it. Perhaps next week we will see a repeat of these sets again, but at 10% off. :lol:
  • Fran98765Fran98765 Posts: 462 Member
    edited December 2013
    and then the following week will be 0% off and the week after that we have to pay an extra 10%?
  • Calico_TigerCalico_Tiger Posts: 100 Member
    edited December 2013
    It wouldn't be so bad if the Complete Your Set bonus now worked with them at this particular price. Because for some, that would make the deals worth it. But without it... yeah, not so much.
    edited December 2013
    It wouldn't be so bad if the Complete Your Set bonus now worked with them at this particular price. Because for some, that would make the deals worth it. But without it... yeah, not so much.

This would actually be a good idea, because 20% with CYS is a fair discount, but not so big that they would need to worry about giving everything away for free.
  • Jimboola11Jimboola11 Posts: 1,850 Member
    edited December 2013
    Am I right in thinking these sales items were available for 60% then 50%, 40% & 30%. And now they are 20%?

"ROLL UP ROLL UP, you didn't want it at 60% off, you didn't desire them at 50% off. 40% and 30% didn't interest you but now you have the chance to get them at a jaw-dropping TWENTY, yes TWENTY percent off. You lucky people. Get'em while they're hot!"

Really?
  • KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    edited December 2013
    SO LAME. I actually look forward to seeing what's new on the Sale page each week. So when the CyberMonday sales ended I was a bit let down that they were the same Sets we had just had but only 30% off.

And now another week of them at 20% off? What a joke.
    giphy.gif

• NOXXINOXXI Posts: 2,728 Member
    edited December 2013
    ah sheesh, seriously?? Boooring! Get em off sale and back on cys asap :P
    edited December 2013
    I think perhaps we spoke too soon, because they have now returned the CYS to the sale page sets. :D

I am glad that they did this.
  • coreyjeannoahpatcoreyjeannoahpat Posts: 345 Member
    edited December 2013
    Maybe they're slacking this coming week in the store because they figure many people are saving $$ for holiday shopping, or saving their simpoints to buy RH on the 12th. Intentionally or not, it builds the anticipation of RH's release when there are no new items or even good sales in the meantime; just waiting. *impatiently drums fingers on table* :roll:
    “Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart”
    --Eleanor Roosevelt

“It is by chance that we met, by choice that we became friends.”
  • charmyvalcharmyval Posts: 195 New Member
    edited December 2013
    I am really getting sick of the sale. I didn't want these sets when they were 60% and I don't want them now. I have points to spend and nothing to buy because I was looking forward to seeing what new things pop up but it's just making me frustrated and never wanting to buy again.
    I was sick already of the same items last week, and I'm just so angry now. :x
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    edited December 2013
    APotts wrote:
    I think perhaps we spoke too soon, because they have now returned the CYS to the sale page sets. :D

Alli!! Thanks for noticing that.

Glad that they did that also. Still would like new stuff though. Silly, silly store. I think the better marketing idea would be to put the things on sale that will go with the new world. Maybe they are waiting til after though. That is what they did with ITF.
  • maroonjazzmaroonjazz Posts: 89 New Member
    edited December 2013
    Nothing says "we don't give two sh*ts about our customers" when you insult them like this! :evil:
    There still seems to be some creative designers on the Sims 3 team, but as for the rest of the franchise (store, tech support, fixing things their game patches break (still very bitter over that one...), testing products before releasing them to see if they actually work) seems dead. :roll: They might as well leave the sale page blank.
  • Valgon57Valgon57 Posts: 2,040 Member
    edited December 2013
    Well, the current one is already so overqua.. Hmm..hmm >.<

Maybe the person in charge for that could have been changed over past years.. And that still doesn't help. :(

• kellycot1kellycot1 Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited December 2013
    APotts wrote:

Thank you so much for mentioning this! I'd been checking everyday to see what was happening, but after seeing the sets at 20% and still no CYS, I promised myself I WOULDN'T check. All it did was make me mad every time! But now, the total BS that was these post CyberMonday sales has paid off. It may not be much for those who missed out on the big sales because of CYS, but I hope it makes a few people's days a little brighter. I know it made mine AWESOME! :d

I've been dying for Blast from the Past to go back to CYS -- so, of course, I got that free! And since my Eloquently Eclectic Collection was down to 10sp, after getting the Mid-Century Kitchen in Blast from the Past, I got it FREE! It may not be much, but I'll take those four free items! :thumbup:

AND, even though I barely wanted Drifter's Desire, the sale brings my CYS down to 20sp on Fortune's Folly, so I'll take that one too ('cause, you know, I might use some of it, especially once it's recoloured). Ahhh, there's nothing quite like the rush of CYS discounts to pick you up! It's more addictive than, well, anything I know.

EDIT: I will, however, add to the voices of people who are a little disappointed there's nothing new on the page. I know this worked out well for me, since I only had a little ways to go on the last few sets I don't yet own from the sale page, but new things would have been good for the rest of the simmers here who own it all, or all of it that they want. Fingers crossed we get some totally unusual sale items next week (as in things that don't usually come up on sale), or some cool free things this weekend. :)
    a.k.a. Erin
    Check out The Simdex—my PDF guide to all of the Sims 3 Store content (last updated September 2015)
  • JEREMYSIMS01JEREMYSIMS01 Posts: 727 Member
    edited December 2013
    APotts wrote:

Thanks for the CYS tip! I passed on the deals at 60% off, but got much better deals on Blast from the Past and Full Regal Living at 20% off + CYS.
    Sims4SIG_zps6253f8f2.jpg
  • Shogo_YahagiShogo_Yahagi Posts: 838 Member
    edited December 2013
    It's at times like these, when I'm angry and ready to start writing a long diatribe about just how incompetent they are, that I pause and remember what a wise dog once said: "...you know, its just easier to call you stupid."

Thank you, Brian.
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited December 2013
    I'm a little disappointed in the revamp of the store. It might seem a little silly but I used to enjoy checking the store often to see what the daily deal had changed to. Now I can look in the morning, see the current deal and what's coming up for the next 4 to 6 hours......no reason to check back. No surprise.

I'm not at all impressed with the make Me an Offer Machine. The only new feature that I do appreciate is CYS. That one is helpful.

I just miss the hour long daily deals on individual items that had great discounts.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • SimcousinSimcousin Posts: 957 Member
    edited December 2013
    With CYS enabled, I have several sets I am in reach of. I can't get them all, and I'm not sure which I should get but at least the CYS discount is applied so my previous purchases aren't disregarded. The sales on these (even 50 and 60 %) were much higher than my normal CYS without a sale.

I'm sorry for anyone who owns these sets from the sale and has to stare at the same sales this week, I know I look forward to new ones as well.

I certainly appreciate what the OP is saying here. The recent sales lately have catered to either one type of shopper or another instead of a mixture of all so that every type of shopper could be catered to. That isn't the way I would do business, but it isn't my bottom line to concern myself with.
  • SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited December 2013
    KATENESS wrote:
    SO LAME. I actually look forward to seeing what's new on the Sale page each week. So when the CyberMonday sales ended I was a bit let down that they were the same Sets we had just had but only 30% off.

And now another week of them at 20% off? What a joke.

I am hoping that this is an error on their part and that new items will appear later. I don't hold MUCH hope, but I am hoping...

This is especially annoying as we didn't get a set on Thursday. I know we are getting Roaring Heights on the 14th [Yay! It is the day before my birthday!], but making new furniture meshes isn't THAT hard - they could have at least given us something small.

Any chance of free stuff this week?
  • KSkywalker4571KSkywalker4571 Posts: 413 Member
    edited December 2013
    I'm seriously going insane here. If it wasn't bad enough that the sale and daily deals have been lackluster, I haven't been able to play the game for two weeks! :evil: My computer went into the shop on Monday, and they can't give me a firm answer of when it will be done! Today they say the store (Best Buy) is having power outages, so I won't be getting it today. All I have to entertain myself is a Kindle Fire, and typing on it is aggravating to say the least! :x
    1/16/2015 I own the Store! :o:D
  • Kryst51Kryst51 Posts: 2,073 Member
    edited December 2013
    Well, I think it is still good for anyone who missed the previous sales, they can still get a deal, just not as good.
  • acorn88acorn88 Posts: 171 Member
    edited December 2013
    I'm just going to say it. CYS has totally spoiled me -dare I say: us all for any other discounts. :D Thank you store for it's return on the sale page stuff. Cause 20% off plus CYS is superb.
    That's all. I'm done.

• lydiad206lydiad206 Posts: 3,747 Member
    edited December 2013
    edit: nvm.
    er0s4g.jpg