Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Into the Future: What bugs aren't fixed?

I'll be starting a list of bugs that isn't fixed in Into the Future. I'll try to update this. Also refer to the Into the Future bug thread.
List of bugs listed by SweetieTreats

Base game
* Car and boat pile-ups in inventories and phantom vehicles that slow down the game (Snapdragon)
* Sims can skip age stages when aging up (Snapdragon)
* "Bye, I have to go home now!" is displayed when visiting Sims who go outside but aren't actually leaving. (StarlingGray)
* Sims can decline opportunities unless they are at a rabbithole. Special and celebrity opportunities are not affected. (SALTPASTILLEN, StarlingGray, WinMacSims3)
* Moodlet Manager no longer removes Singed. (WinMacSims3) <i>It will remove Singed if it's caused by electrocution but not if it's caused by fire. (kusurusu)</i>
* Since The Sims 3 University Life, Sims will answer the phone but no dialog appears. (WinMacSims3)

World Adventures
* Adventure Board is broken (Snapdragon)
•Travelling resets Shutternut skill challenge for Photography (Snapdragon)
•Travelling resets Rocks Collected in the Collection skill log (Snapdragon)
•Travelling can break achievements in the Nectar Making skill challenges (Snapdragon)
•Changes to routing in subsequent patches rendered several narrow tombs unroutable (Snapdragon)
•All travelling (including University and Future worlds) carries the risk of breaking Sims, family trees, creating clones or eating the whole household (Snapdragon)
•All travelling resets Sims' gender preferences (Snapdragon)
•Married Sims can marry foreigners (Snapdragon)
* Inactive Sims can't serve nectar from nectar racks on community lots. (Snapdragon)
* When arriving, you can select multiple Sims. (WinMacSims3) It can be fixed by saving, going to the main menu and loading the save again.
* Al Simhara appears to lag. (WinMacSims3)

Ambitions
•Consigned items remain unsold after five days that are not returned or removed, break the consignment register instead (Snapdragon)
•Poltergeists can possess roof decorations and are therefore unreachable for a ghost hunter (Snapdragon)
•Stylist station and tattoo chair both change the age of Sims (Snapdragon)
* Firefighter jobs often can't be completed (alanmichael1)
* Car get stuck in family inventory if architects drive to a client in their own car (alanmichael1)
* Ghost hunters' and private investigators' opportunities can't be completed when helping the police or study at home/library not even single rabbitholes. (alanmichael1)
* Harvester created by the inventor can become stuck in the inventory and make the Sim unable to interact. (SanBar) Open the console with Ctrl + Shift + C and type resetsim (name of Sim) then hit Enter/Return. You can remove the Harvester from the inventory.

Late Night
•Shuffle Boards and arcade machines do not time out. Sims play forever unless they are booted from a lot or suffer from motive failure. (Snapdragon)
* Grand piano serenade bugs the piano. (chopin27)
* Sims can't order pizza from the professional bar since Island Paradise/1.55. (chopin27)

Generations
* Leaving work early results in a memory for being late for work. <i>This is because the game checks the work hours and if a Sim isn't at work between those hours, the Sim receives the memory.</i>
* Memory notification says different Sim became a partner/owner instead of the Sim that was told to become partner/owner. <i>The game checks for the 1st Sim of the household and displays that name. However, all Sims (including the Sim who became a partner/owner) will receive the memory). This also occurs when sending a Sim to Boarding School and asking a Sim to move in.</i>
* A teen that get grounded, leaves the house secretly and sneaks, they will sneak until they die. (alanmichael1)
* Imaginary friend doll becomes corrupted randomly and causes a baby to reset out of the crib if the doll is in inventory. (StarlingGray)
* Field Trip situation isn't properly cleaned out after the trip has ended, meaning that school children are stuck in an endless field trip situation which prevents them from attending after-school activities anymore. (Snapdragon)

Pets
* Dogs can't swim in fountains.
* Birds that are spawned on lots cannot be befriended and remain on lots forever (Snapdragon)

Showtime
* Simfests have a tendency to break the stage, break the proprietor and leave a social jig behind rendering the stage unusuable for future events (Snapdragon)
* The firefly collection skill challenge is broken. It counts collected fireflies randomly and having caught all types of fireflies does not trigger the challenge as completed. Travelling, btw, resets the counter, too (Snapdragon)
* CAS customised genies will revert to the default face and skin tone after travelling (Snapdragon)
* Simfest music all of a sudden plays from around Sims and keeps playing even when there was no sim fest. However, it tends to stop when the game is exited. (Wolfaura)
* Sims like actors, architects or fortune tellers walk around in crazy random first career outfits. (alanmichael1)

Supernatural
* Plants on planter bowls aren't watered by sprinkler although rain waters it. Similar problem occurs with the soil rug from Into the Future.
* The animation for eating spicy food is broken. Sims leave chairs then sink back into a sitting position before they breathe fire. (Snapdragon)
* Werewolves change their werewolf shape randomly, sometimes assigning a separate werewolf shape to each different outfit category (Snapdragon)
* Watching a game of Smack-A-Gnome can cause the watchers to reset once the game ends (Snapdragon)
* When Bonehilda gets dismissed, but when a Sim tries to summon her again, they get stuck (Sim must be reset) & she is unable to come out of her coffin. (AMariseS)
* The Restoration ritual spoils food or changes the quality of the food. (chopin27)
* The genie elixir can change Sims' features. (chopin27)

Seasons
* Roller skating and ice skating don't time out once the fun meter is full. Sims, especially Supernatural Sims, will skate forever unless they are booted from the lot or suffer from motive failure (Snapdragon)
* Although witches can learn the skating skill, they cannot spin, pirouette or skate with others by user direction. Inactive witch Sims can do so, however, autonomously (Snapdragon)
* Autumn leaves are not cleaned up and remain forever on lots that are not the active ones (Snapdragon)
* Sims with a maxed Cooking skill cannot learn the Pumpkin Pie recipe, because there is no recipe book. (Snapdragon)

University Life
* The Brain Enhancing Machine can bypass Charisma's friend and Sim requirement.
* Brain Enhancing Machine 1.0 still loses upgrades when moving between towns (ex, Sunset Valley to Sims University).
* Sim receives everyday party invites. (WinMacSims3, SweetieTreats) Befriending a Sim (including the professor) in University that lives in a lot will trigger this.
* Even if you decline to go to a party, you still get a notification that you missed the party.
* The graduation robes replace their original carrer outfit after graduating.
* Party can't be attended since host is out. (WinMacSims3, StarlingGray, SweetieTreats, misawa_loli) <i>Mainly affects Sims University but this can also happen in the home town as well.</i>
* Berate Ignorance still used by AIs regardless of Mean Spirited trait. Turning off free will or using a mod will fix this.
* See Student Off forces Sims to stop working.
* Sim can't be clicked on aftering arriving in Sims University. So far as I know, this affects older saves and can be fixed by saving and reloading.
* Ordering from the barista bar is a game of hit and miss. Sims can order and pay but the drink or food item then disappears with an animation as if the Sims put it into their inventory. Most often I have to order twice or three times until the Sim finally consumes whatever I told them to order (Snapdragon)
* The barista bar tenders tend to walk around the premises and perform the tend bar animations (cleaning the coffee maker or the counter) anywhere in thin air (Snapdragon)
* Sims who attended a protest can get stuck. Their motives remain frozen and all they do from then onwards is to stand around and "Capture The Moment" with their cell phones. (Snapdragon) This happens if Sim leaves protest prematurely and stays on the lot until protest situation ends. (kusurusu)

Island Paradise
* Cave exploration is a hit and miss game and if it errors out all Sims on a diving lot are teleported to the nearest island or coast (Snapdragon)
* Sims can get stuck snorkelling and will require a resetsim to free them (Snapdragon)
* Mermaids have normal legs (alanmichael1)
* Waterfalls sound weird (midge719) I don't know more about the bug including the exact cause

Into the Future
* Plumbots change their appearance after coming back from the future (Cyron43)
* Plumbots lose their trait chips after coming back from the future (Cyron43)
* Inventory items sometimes become invisible due to a yet unknown reason (Cyron43)
* Sims that head to a time journey around their birthday may age up twice. (alanmichael1)
* Getting married in the future and then traveling to the home world causes game to treat them as unmarried although the relationship still shows the Sim as Wife/Husband. (Gabbryrose)
* Time Almanac breaks if a Sim that has a legacy statue is removed from the game. <i>It can be fixed if you switch active households. Also see Time Almanac is no longer working</i>
* Sprinkler doesn't water plants on the soil rug but rains waters it.
* No sound when they dip kiss (midge719)
*Clothing Pedestal only has the option to view. This prevents the opportunity from completing. (misawa_loli)
*Holo-Computer doesn't display Opportunity options (WinMacSims3) <I>Only Opportunities that add an option on the computer isn't displayed.</I>

Towns
* Towns run slower in Into the Future. Please read FIX FOR SEVERE LAG for lagging issues. I need to know which towns are affected. Also, do you have the Tree of Prosperity?

Towns reported to lag are:
**Islo Paradiso (WinMacSims3, alanmichael1)
**Al Simhara (WinMacSims3)

*Towns reported to not lag are:
**Moonlight Falls (StarlingGray)
**Dragon Valley (WinMacSims3)
**Midnight Hollow (StarlingGray)
**Champs Les Sims (WinMacSims3)
**Sims University (WinMacSims3, StarlingGray)

Store content Also see BROKEN Premium Content List for issues related to Premium Content.
* Purchase History displays duplicate purchases. (WinMacSims3) Also see this post for further information.
* Tree of Prosperity is terminally broken (Snapdragon, WinMacSims3, Cyron43). Also, it can cause lagging in Into the Future. See FIX FOR SEVERE LAG and Sims in Slow Motion
* Power Chamber Bug list for the Power Chamber
** Attempting to use a power chamber will force the Sim to leave work. (WinMacSims3)
*Chamber depletes Witches' magic Mod from nonamena that fixes the issue
* Playpen (Cyron43)
* Walker (Cyron43)
* Tractor (Cyron43)
* The swing from the Cirque set is broken. It can be used once and then cannot be used anymore (Snapdragon) <i>StarlingGray said that the object hadn't glitched. Make sure you uninstall and redownload all Store content if you're having problems.</i>
* The Pizza oven can become unusable after a while and requires replacment of the fridge and the oven frequently (Snapdragon)
* The TV from the Fast, Loud etc. set cannot be repaired or upgraded (Snapdragon)
* Store and HRLS/DHTS aquariums don't properly show fish (seadramon)
* Male top from the Generations Registration set is missing a mesh. When zoomed out the body becomes invisible. (Snapdragon)
* Pizza Oven doesn't work (misawa_loli)

If you have an issue to report, reply here.
Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer

Comments

• Options
    SnapdragonSnapdragon Posts: 955 Member
    edited December 2013
    Base Game
      Car and boat pile-ups in inventories and phantom vehicles that slow down the game
      Sims can skip age stages when aging up

World Adventures
      Adventure Board is terminally broken
      Travelling resets Shutternut skill challenge for Photography
      Travelling resets Rocks Collected in the Collection skill log
      Travelling can break achievements in the Nectar Making skill challenges
      Changes to routing in subsequent patches rendered several narrow tombs unroutable
      All travelling (including University and Future worlds) carries the risk of breaking Sims, family trees, creating clones or eating the whole household
      All travelling resets Sims' gender preferences
      Married Sims can marry foreigners

Ambitions
      Consigned items that remain unsold after five days are not returned or removed and break the consignment register instead
      Ghost Hunter profession: poltergeists can possess roof decorations and are therefore unreachable for a ghost hunter
      Stylist station and tattoo chair both change the age of Sims

Late Night
      Shuffle Boards and arcade machines do not time out. Sims play forever unless they are booted from a lot or suffer from motive failure.

Showtime
      Simfests have a tendency to break the stage, break the proprietor and leave a social jig behind rendering the stage unusuable for future events
      The firefly collection skill challenge is broken. It counts collected fireflies randomly and having caught all types of fireflies does not trigger the challenge as completed. Travelling, btw, resets the counter, too
      CAS customised genies will revert to the default face and skin tone after travelling

Pets
      Birds that are spawned on lots cannot be befriended and remain on lots forever

Supernatural
      The animation for eating spicy food is broken. Sims leave chairs then sink back into a sitting position before they breathe fire.
      Werewolves change their werewolf shape randomly, sometimes assigning a separate werewolf shape to each different outfit category
      Watching a game of Smack-A-Gnome can cause the watchers to reset once the game ends
    Seasons
      Roller skating and ice skating don't time out once the fun meter is full. Sims, especially Supernatural Sims, will skate forever unless they are booted from the lot or suffer from motive failure
      Although witches can learn the skating skill, they cannot spin, pirouette or skate with others by user direction. Inactive witch Sims can do so, however, autonomously
      Autumn leaves are not cleaned up and remain forever on lots that are not the active ones
      Sims with a maxed Cooking skill cannot learn the Pumpkin Pie recipe, because there is no recipe book.

University
      Ordering from the barista bar is a game of hit and miss. Sims can order and pay but the drink or food item then disappears with an animation as if the Sims put it into their inventory. Most often I have to order twice or three times until the Sim finally consumes whatever I told them to order
      The barista bar tenders tend to walk around the premises and perform the tend bar animations (cleaning the coffee maker or the counter) anywhere in thin air

Island Paradise
      Cave exploration is a hit and miss game and if it errors out all Sims on a diving lot are teleported to the nearest island or coast
      Sims can get stuck snorkelling and will require a resetsim to free them

Store
      Tree of Prosperity is terminally broken
      The swing from the Cirque set is broken. It can be used once and then cannot be used anymore
      The Pizza oven can become unusable after a while and requires replacment of the fridge and the oven frequently
      The TV from the Fast, Loud etc. set cannot be repaired or upgraded

This is just a fraction of the bugs that I have encountered regularly and reliably and I will add more once I go back into my games. It is a very depressing thing to do, though :cry:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    shaposh2012shaposh2012 Posts: 760 Member
    edited December 2013
    Thanks for doing this. I really hope they fix most of the bugs before they abandon Sims 3 entirely.
  • Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited December 2013
    @OP: I recommend you also read this:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/723221.page

ITF:
    - Plumbots change their appearance after coming back from the future
    - Plumbots loose their trait chips after coming back from the future
    - Inventory items sometimes become invisible due to a yet unknown reason

Store:
    - tree of prosperity (the bug team is aware of this issue)
    - Stasis chamber
    - playpen
    - walker
    - Tractor
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited December 2013
    I updated the list and added some links. Also, does anyone have lag on other towns? Islo Paradiso lagged in my game but my other towns didn't. Also, I don't have the Tree of Prosperity.
  • Options
    WolfauraWolfaura Posts: 615 Member
    edited December 2013
    Showtime: Simfest music all of a sudden plays from around my sim and kept playing even when there was no sim fest. However it tends to stop after you exit the game. But I googled it to see if it happened to anyone else and some people have had it not stop even when exiting.

• Options
    edited December 2013
    There's one bug that wasn't listed on the bug thread. Attempting to use the power chamber will result of the Sim leaving work. Since crin is no longer answering the posts in the bug thread, it's too late to add it.
  • Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited December 2013
    Since crin is no longer answering the posts in the bug thread, it's too late to add it.
    She is ill currently. Just give her another week or so.

Isla Paradiso lags more than other worlds because of some routing issues.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    GrubwurmGrubwurm Posts: 111
    edited December 2013
    You mean they are actually fixing the bugs NOW :wink:;):wink:;)
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Grubwurm wrote:
    You mean they are actually fixing the bugs NOW :wink:;):wink:;)
    I think. Last time an update was released was in Oct 2013. I hope the update gets released so that the bugs can be fixed.
  • Options
    seadramonseadramon Posts: 1,072 New Member
    edited December 2013
    In the big aquarium that came from store/HELS do not show properly fish that came afther base game/WA :oops:
  • Options
    GabbryroseGabbryrose Posts: 839 Member
    edited December 2013
    It seems that if you get married in the future, your marriage is not recognized in the home world. Back in the home world the relationship with the spouse sim still shows married, but the game treats them as unmarried. (You will roll wants to get married, celebrity sims will get pinged for having children out of wedlock, etc.)
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited December 2013
    My hit list of the most annoying bugs :mrgreen: :

Ambitions:
    - Firefighter jobs can often not be completed. If you click the job icon, nothing happens.
    - If architects drive to a client in their own car, the car will be stuck in the family inventory afterwards.
    - Ghost hunters and private investigators often get the order to help the police or to study at home/at the library. These opportunities cannot be finished (not even in single rabbitholes from Sunset Valley).

Generations:
    - If a grounded teenager wants to leave the house secretly and starts to sneak, he will sneak until he dies.

Showtime:
    - Since we got the opportunity to create a second career outfit, some sims like actors, architects or fortune tellers walk around in crazy random first career outfits.

Island Paradise:
    - The mermaids have normal legs.
    - Isla Paradiso is often extremely stuttering and freezing.

Into the future:
    - If your sim goes on a time journey around his birthday, he may age up twice.
  • Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    edited December 2013
    I have two games going, one in Midnight Hollow and another in Moonlight Falls. Neither of these towns lag for me beyond what could be considered typical. I have also not experienced any lag in Twinbrook or the Uni subhood. I have not created any new games in Isla Paradiso or Bridgeport since ITF was installed, so I cannot say whether I would have lag there now, though I never did in the past.

I also wanted to comment on this:
    The swing from the Cirque set is broken. It can be used once and then cannot be used anymore
    I have this item in my game and have not had that problem. I should note though that I recently reinstalled all my store stuff, so possibly the simmer who posted this simply needs to uninstall the set and redownload it.

I also have not noticed any mermaids having normal legs. They all appear with the scaly legs in my game.

Some bugs I have noticed that have not been mentioned yet:
    Base Game: Still get that annoying "Bye, I have to go home now!" from visting Sims when they just go outside but aren't actually leaving. Not that big of a deal but still kind of annoying.

Generations: Imaginary friend doll becomes corrupted randomly and will cause a baby to reset out of its crib if the doll is in inventory.

Late Night/Uni: I can confirm that I also occasionally get the bug where you cannot attend a party because the host is not home. The devs should add a check to force the hosting Sim to go home within a certain amount of time before a party starts, and also not create parties for Sims who cannot be home because of work or whatever.

Into the Future: Time Almanac can break if one of the legacy statue Sims disappears from the game. Can be fixed by switching active households.

Store content:
    Multi-tab: Sims will stop listening to podcasts early if they change outfits.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

"It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    SALTPASTILLENSALTPASTILLEN Posts: 2,639 Member
    edited December 2013
    general
    Sims autonomously decline skill opportunities unless they are at a rabbithole. Special opportunities, and celebrity opportunities are not affected.
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Generations
    Field Trip! bug - occasionaly the Field Trip situation is not properly cleaned out after the trip has ended, meaning that school children are stuck in an endless field trip situation and cannot attend after-school activities anymore.

University Life
    Sims that attended a protest can get stuck in that state. Their motives remain frozen and all they do from then onwards is to stand around and "Capture The Moment" with their cell phones.
  • Options
    AMariseSAMariseS Posts: 2,458 Member
    edited December 2013
    Supernatural
    Bonehilda gets dismissed, but when a Sim tries to summon her again, they get stuck (need to be reset) & she never comes back out of her coffin.
  • Options
    midge719midge719 Posts: 222 Member
    edited December 2013
    Not sure if this has already been reported, but 2 thinks the sound in games especially waterfalls sound weird very tiny and no sound when they dip kiss.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    World Adventures
    Inactive Sims cannot serve nectar from nectar racks on community lots. They stand in front of the rack, take a bottle and then the interaction cancels.
    (Already reported by me in the Supernatural bug thread)

Store
    The male top from the Generations Registration set is missing a mesh. When zoomed out the body becomes invisible.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    It appears that Al Simhara doesn't lag in Into the Future but when I had arrived, I had the multi-Sim select issue which I fixed by saving and then loading the game again.
  • Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    edited December 2013
    general
    Sims autonomously decline skill opportunities unless they are at a rabbithole. Special opportunities, and celebrity opportunities are not affected.

Well, that explains why Sims are always answering the phone and then hanging up with no message about anything. I had wondered why they do that now. Also explains why I hardly ever get skill opportunities anymore. I hope this gets fixed.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    general

Well, that explains why Sims are always answering the phone and then hanging up with no message about anything. I had wondered why they do that now. Also explains why I hardly ever get skill opportunities anymore. I hope this gets fixed.
    I'm been having this issue since University Life. In 70s, 80s and 90s, I did not have this problem.

Also I noted that the Moodlet Manager no longer removes the Singed moodlet. I reported on the Into the Future bug thread that it can remove Signed but now I'm unable to. Last time when I was at Moonlight Falls, I could remove it. Now in my Dragon Valley save, it won't even remove the moodlet. This had been present since Supernatural. Currently, I'm not sure if it's an error or if EA intended to alter the Moodlet Manager to no longer cure Singed Is anyone able to remove the Singed moodlet using the Moodlet Manager?
  • Options
    kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    edited December 2013
    Snapdragon wrote:
      Travelling resets Shutternut skill challenge for Photography
      Travelling resets Rocks Collected in the Collection skill log
      Travelling can break achievements in the Nectar Making skill challenges

Shutternut: Temporary issure which should fix itself if you move to a new neighborhood. If you complete a collection in a vacation world it won't transfer to the number of completed collections at home.
    Rocks Collected: patched in 1.50
    Nectar Making: Go to France, make some nectar, serve every bottle, wait until all glasses are gone and travel home. This should solve the Mix Master issue.

There are more bug lists in the official sub forum, btw:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/673741.page
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/726754.page
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    It does appear that the Moodlet Manager will removed Singed. For an odd reason, when I tried to use it on my Sim, Rebecca Miller, it wouldn't remove the Moodlet. However, when I used it on John Burb, it removed it. I should note that Rebecca had Daredevil but that was odd.
  • Options
    SanBarSanBar Posts: 39 Member
    edited December 2013
    Ambitions

Harvester created by the inventor can become stuck in the inventory (can't be clicked on) and causes the sim to be unable to interact with certain objects. I.e. Sims drown in the pool because they can't use the ladder to get out.

(temporary workaround: reset sim console command lets you remove the harvester from inventory)
  • Options
    SK_InspiredSK_Inspired Posts: 89 Member
    edited December 2013
    I just got into the future a few days ago. I have traveled from Island Paradise, to the future with a single sim. I had her create a plumbot and bring him back. They both went through University together and got degrees in technology. When I try to trigger a utopian future from her home lot, the game freezes. I thought maybe it was just an unusual lag but after 10 minutes there was still no screen movement. This is the only time in which I have had any gameplay issues.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top